10-29-2013, 07:41 PM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
Since I don't have full products yet, and thus no photos, I've decided to post in this forum. Please move the thread as you see fit.

I just received my sample of Sartorial EdP and I must say that I'm really liking this scent! I also got a custom sample of the Sartorial Beard Oil that is out of this world as well!

Back story: I visited the Penhaligon's Boutique at Wynn's Las Vegas in the Wynn's Apothecary on October 18th and had the pleasure of speaking to Ted, the Penhaligon's associate. I must say that I had a very pleasant experience speaking to him and also purchased a jar of Blenheim Bouquet shaving cream while in the shop. They had the Sartorial EdT, but not the EdP nor the Beard Oil, which were my main reasons for going into the shop. Ted volunteered to call London and advised me the next day that they were sending me both in sample form, to which I was VERY appreciative! I was so impressed with Ted's help that I made a recommendation to a member here searching for the BB SC to call Ted and he also was able to get one of the last jars in the USA.

Back to Sartorial - It is a true scent that would remind you of fine tailoring...I don't know how they did it, but it really does remind me of Savile Row! It starts off with a slightly sour ozonic aldehyde note which quickly drops off to a Geranium Lavender mid note and then mellows after about an hour to a fine Amber with Musk and a hint of tobacco flower, though the last note is not listed on Basenotes it does faintly smell like the fields of Virginia in bloom. The scent last and lasts, with one spray lasting an astonishing 14 hours on me. Even LP no 9 faded before the 10 hour mark, but not Sartorial. I really like the silage, too as it dissipates slowly. While not overpowering, one can definitely smell it after I've walked through the hall. I've gotten about 20 comments about it, with one Colleague asking what it was and where he could buy it.

I also used the sample of the beard oil and was very impressed. I used it post shave to tame my goatee and it really left my beard soft and well positioned all the day long. The beard oil is super fine with just a touch of warmth. The scent is exactly the same as the EdP I sampled. I'm really hoping that The Old Town Shave Shop (Stats) carries the full Sartorial Line as I'm starting to believe that Sartorial has replaced my GIT as my fine fragrance.

In a nutshell, the fragrance is warm, with a bright note drying down to sensual amber...what's not to like?

I have a Sartorial Shave Soap on the way from England (worked out a trade with a fellow member here) so I can't wait for it to arrive! That will likely result in a full review.

I think Penhaligon's has another winner with Sartorial, at least they have won in my book!

Cheers!

Matt

68 1,416
 10-30-2013, 01:57 AM
  • TheMonk
  • Super Moderator
  • Porto, Portugal
User Info
That's the fragrance I've been more curious about lately...
I like both BB and Endymion, and seriously want to try this fragrance soon. Cool

25 4,642
 10-30-2013, 05:37 AM
User Info
Since I buy my suits is around Christmas when I buy them (Brooks Brothers after-Christmas sale), I wonder if this will be a scent evocative of that time for me. I would like to try a sample of this some time.

72 1,407
 11-01-2013, 05:49 AM
  • u2u
  • GTA
User Info
(10-30-2013, 05:37 AM)jpakstis Wrote: Since I buy my suits is around Christmas when I buy them (Brooks Brothers after-Christmas sale), I wonder if this will be a scent evocative of that time for me. I would like to try a sample of this some time.

You will be disappointed, in my opinion, but not by Sartorial.

Sartorial was among the first Penhaligon's scents I purchased and is worthy of consideration for getting a backup bottle. I have eight Penhaligon's and it is the only one I rate so highly although I am enjoying all of them.

I went to my local shave shop yesterday for a fix. Purchased Blenheim Bouquet on a holiday special. Regular price but included special packaging my wife fell for and a 300 ml shower gel. About a $42.00 bonus for those in Canada.

Back to Sartorial. There is a holiday special bundle on it as well. If you are considering adding it to your scent wardrobe now is a good time.

For clarity, not knocking Brooks Brothers. Sartorial, as a scent, does not trigger my memories of trips to BB.

0 536
 11-01-2013, 08:28 AM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
The shave soap came in yesterday's mail and I shaved with it this morning and I must say that it creates a fine lather and gave me a BBS in 3 passes. The lather after just a 20 second swirl using my Omega Sintetico White fibre brush produced a fine, thick and creamy lather with excellent skin care...I didn't need a balm at all today and got no nicks or razor burn or anything. Also in the package was a Movember.com Sartorial scented Moustache Wax, which is a great thick beard tamer with a hint of Sartorial. It works beautifully and compliments the soap. The scent is virtually identical. I spritzed myself with the EdP on my chest, and used the last of my beard oil sample before applying the wax to the edges of my goatee. It is nice to be able to smell the scent on my upper lip...I didn't realize just how pleasant this could be and catch myself sniffing often...

The soap was pricey...but the addage is "you get what you pay for", and is so true in this instance. I was surprised to see that as of yet there is no refill listed on Penhaligon's site, but was told by Ted at Wynn's Apothecary that they will be making the full range, perhaps to even include a shave cream in jar format! I would buy that, too, as I enjoy both soaps and creams in my rotation.

This is oppulence at its best!

Cheers!

68 1,416