11-02-2013, 03:52 PM
User Info
This review is recovered from the old review section for archival reasons.

If you're looking for an aftershave balm to take care of your freshly-shaven face for the coming colder months, Burt's Bees could be what you're looking for.

Depending on where you get it, this product ranges from $8-10 USD. At that price, It's slightly more than the average drug store balm, but lower than most artisan balms. The tube is 70 ml (2.5 fl oz).

[Image: _DSC1310.JPG]

This balm is quite runny, however looks can be deceiving. It leaves a heavy "mask" on your face, which makes it ideal for the bite of winter. The primary ingredient - after water - in Burt's Bees is sunflower oil, followed by glycerin and coconut oil. Other extracts and oils include rosemary extract, orange and lemon oil, and fir needle oil, among others. There is no menthol or cooling sensation suggested in this product. It's all about the moisturizing properties, and it does that extremely well.

The mask sensation lasts for a good 30 to 45 minutes. Afterwards, your face will feel clean, smooth, and hydrated.

Scent-wise, Burt's Bee's is accented with light citrus and a bit of a woodsy finish. It's not going to stink up your office with artificially-masculine pungency. It's going to make you smell clean and confident.

For folks in very hot climates year-round, this might not be the best aftershave - perhaps a splash would be more ideal. However, this is perfect for snowy, cold, and unforgiving winters.

0 144
 11-02-2013, 05:39 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
An excellent review that takes into account the importance of location/climate. Very interesting and worthwhile. Thank you.

2 11,211
 11-03-2013, 06:14 PM
User Info
Thanks for the review and glad to hear you are enjoying the balm. Smile

75 20,883
 11-04-2013, 10:51 AM
User Info
I bought this a couple years ago and quickly PIF'd it to someone. Left my face feeling greasy and while it did feel nice and soothing, it left me really disliking the product. I think there are better drug store AS balms on the market than this.

129 6,685
 11-06-2013, 11:03 AM
User Info
Biggrin I live somewhere where it's very cold during these coming months so I appreciate the "greasy" feeling as it's a barrier to the cold.

0 144