11-03-2013, 02:00 PM
  • slr31
  • Garden City, India
User Info
Hello
Today is Diwali, the festival of lights signifying the victory of righteousness over evil and illuminating darkness.

Good day to have a PIF going. Included are a few shave creams, blades sampler and Old Spice Original Shulton AS - all unused. Open to all members worldwide but here is the catch - shipping to CONUS members is included but I will request international members to pitch in for any shipping charge beyond $6. I pay the first $6 and you pay the rest. I hope this is still attractive for international members.

To participate I will ask you to mention what your favorite holiday is and if you like why so. For me, it is Diwali because as a family we all usually buy new clothes, eat special sweets and snacks and set-off fire works for many days. Biggrin

Will close on Nov 8th 12 PM CST. Thank You for participating.

[Image: jmzN0ANl.jpg]

64 529
 11-03-2013, 02:02 PM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Happy Diwali, and nice gesture with the PIF!

Good luck to those entering ... I'm not in.

102 17,662
 11-03-2013, 02:03 PM
User Info
I'm not in, but good PIF. Thanks for the gesture.

183 12,002
 11-03-2013, 02:03 PM
  • slr31
  • Garden City, India
User Info
Thank You Ravi. Been meaning to do a PIF for some time now.

64 529
 11-03-2013, 02:38 PM
User Info
Great PIF! My favorite holiday is Christmas because it is a time when I see most of my family for a couple of weeks. We spend the holidays playing games and enjoying lots if food. Last year, we went to the salvation army's event on Christmas morning and volunteered there. It helped me realize all that I have to be grateful for. I also love the Christmas season because behind all the marketing done by companies selling stuff, there is a general sense of good will among people.

0 2
 11-03-2013, 02:51 PM
User Info
Great! I'm in. For me it's Christmas which is easy when your last name means Christmas in Italian--Natale. We always take it to the max as did my grandparents and parents. No artificial trees allowed!
IronMike

0 47
 11-03-2013, 03:36 PM
User Info
Happy Diwali! Please count me in. My office here just had a Diwali party on Friday. Lots of fun and good food.

My favorite holiday is Independence Day, because my favorite season is summer. Gotta love a fun BBQ in some great weather with family and friends, followed by fireworks.

10 2,062
 11-03-2013, 08:03 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
I'd like to be in this. My favorite holiday is Mardi Gras. Being a New Orleans boy it's a time of fun and folly. The season is around 2 weeks of parades and parties. The kids love catching beads. It's a time to see friends that you don't normally see during the year. Then the big day is Fat Tuesday it's self. I'm not into the debauchery part anymore (I used to be...lol) and stick to the family side of things. It's still a lot of fun. "Throw Me Something Mister". My signature says LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE. That's the motto of the Mardi Gras season.... Oh and NICE PIF....

5 1,151
 11-04-2013, 05:36 AM
  • slr31
  • Garden City, India
User Info
Thank You everyone for wishes.
Loved reading these responses and different perspectives about what holidays mean to them and their family.Smile

64 529
 11-04-2013, 06:55 AM
  • Coyote
  • Hondo, TX USA
User Info
I'm in. Excellent PIF. San Antonio has a large Diwali Festival every year too.

For me, Christmas.

4 2,374
 11-04-2013, 08:36 AM
User Info
I'm in. Thanksgiving. I love the fall weather here on the east coast of the US. A few extra days off, the food and family all make it great for me.

0 80
 11-04-2013, 11:26 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I'm not in but this is a GREAT PIF. Thanks for doing it.

FYI - My favorite is Christmas.

173 23,488
 11-04-2013, 08:39 PM
User Info
Count me in. Christmas for me as well.

2 805
 11-05-2013, 09:38 AM
  • EricW
  • Andreas, PA
User Info
Hi...Happy Diwali!
I'm in, I actually have 2, probably the same as most people:
Halloween, I love the mystery, the haunts, tricks, kids...scarey stuff. I was raised by a single mother, and we lived in a second floor apartment building. For Trick-or-Treat night, she would put corn stalks out on the balcony along with some halloween lights. The best, she would put this 33 speed of halloween sounds from Walt Disney, on her stereo and put the speakers on the balcony and crank the volume. People came from all around the block to investigate.
My other holiday is Christmas, Family, food, good times. It's the one time of year when everyone puts their differences aside and spends time together. Of course the one channel plays 'A Christmas Story'...CONSTANTLY!!!! lol

Eric

0 12
 11-05-2013, 10:28 AM
User Info
Great PIF and good luck!
I am NOT in.

75 20,883
 11-05-2013, 11:07 AM
  • Howler
  • A calamophile and vintage razor lover
  • Fort Smith AR
User Info
Great PIF.

My favorite holiday is Christmas, not the materialism of it.

It is time to celebrate our faith, to be with family.

1 3,507
 11-06-2013, 02:25 AM
User Info
I'm in. For me, Thanksgiving is the bet Holiday. Every year my family does the exact same thing for every holiday. Thanksgiving is always the greatest number of people. It's about enjoying each others company and not much else. Sort of a mini family reunion for those who live in omaha/lincoln. The food, while exactly the same every year, is always great. Three giant plates of pure glutinous ecstasy and followed by some football and I'm a happy guy. sadly I'll have to work thanksgiving night though.

4 309
 11-06-2013, 02:17 PM
User Info
Fantastic PIF- thanks for putting this together! And happy belated Diwali.

I'd like to be in!

My favorite holiday is Oktoberfest. My family is German, so ever year I throw a ginormous Oktoberfest celebration. Lots of great food and beer, but most importantly - lots of great people. I go all out, I wear my lederhosen, I play polka music, fireworks, the whole nine...

2 234
 11-07-2013, 07:39 AM
User Info
I'm in. i would have to say Thanksgiving because we get to see my brother in law and his family in Chicago. It's the one time of year its just us and them.
Happy Diwali!

0 759
 11-07-2013, 07:42 AM
  • goaman
  • Lisbon, Portugal
User Info
Happy Diwali!! I'm in!!

And for me, Christmas!

2 152