11-03-2013, 04:10 PM
  • Blue line
  • East Central Alabama
User Info
Hey folks,
Been away for a while. Regularfella got me into this hobby. I am thankful for that as I needed a hobby I could enjoy from my hospital bed and wheelchair for over a year. I have been walking on my new leg for around 10 weeks and went back to work 4 weeks ago. I have gotten back most of my dexterity in my right hand. I don't nick myself near as much as I used to. I have developed some observations and thought I would share them:
1. Cost is rarely equal to performance. Razors, soaps, creams, etc.
2. I like lanolin or glycerin in my creams.
3. I prefer creams.
4. C.o. Bigelow is my favorite so far. Haven't tried Proraso brand yet.
5. Blades are amazing in how they perform from first shave to last.
6. I can't see paying big money for a badger brush. Boar is SO MUCH better to me. I like the stiffness but tip softness superiority of my omega boars.
7. ASTRA's are consistently well performing in all my razors.
8. I like the menthol shave creams. The cooler, Icier the better.
9. My home made oils are great to shave with but WAAAYYYY to messy.
10. It is still fun even after I had my leg amputated and I got on back with life.

2 334
 11-03-2013, 04:15 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
I remember your pics and how you were recovering. Glad to hear you're doing good!
I am sure your tastes will change with time, then change back again Biggrin
Keep doing what makes you happy, that's all that matters Wink

88 4,233
 11-03-2013, 04:55 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
Glad to hear your recovery is going well. We have many of the same tastes. I too really like my boars, Astra Blades, and creams.

45 3,955
 11-03-2013, 05:39 PM
User Info
Blue line, I hope things are going well for you settling back into work the last month. I can imagine you have overcome many adjustments with grace and strength.

Nice observations! Hard to go wrong with those Italian products, Omega and Proraso. And menthol is a good thing.

47 1,270
 11-03-2013, 05:49 PM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Blue line, welcome back! Nice to hear that your efforts have yielded rewards, with regards to rehabilitation and in terms of your shaving experiences. Keep strong, and continue to enjoy all that life has to offer ... and here's to more shaving discoveries as time goes by!

102 17,576
 11-03-2013, 05:57 PM
User Info
Congratulations on going back to work and the recovery! Great to hear you are still enjoying wet shaving! Continued success with every thing and good luck! Smile

74 20,808
 11-03-2013, 07:12 PM
User Info
It is always interesting to read others perspectives on shaving. Congratulations on a steady recovery, thank you also for protecting and serving your community.

63 2,127
 11-04-2013, 01:33 PM
User Info
Thank you for sharing your reflections. I enjoyed reading them.

3 285
 11-04-2013, 02:28 PM
User Info
It sounds like you're making a grand recovery. I have the greatest respect for your motivation and I admire your spirit. Oh, and I am also one who has a few of your favorite shaving items in common.

24 1,116
 11-05-2013, 01:48 PM
User Info
Welcome back and glad to hear your recovery is going well.

98 12,369