04-22-2012, 03:08 PM
User Info
I just picked up a unused puck in a bowl from a user on another forum with tallow!! BiggrinBiggrinBiggrin:

I have always loved the scent of this soap but I just did not like the lather (or lack there of actually) so I sold it. I am very excited to have this great soap on the way. I have heard amazing things about the old Trumpers soaps.

5 413
 04-22-2012, 03:12 PM
User Info
If you can't find this, and want a tallow Coconut soap, Haslinger is the answer.

0 189
 04-22-2012, 03:15 PM
User Info
I have bought the Trumpers tallow. It is one the way. I have tried the Haslinger coconut... The scent is so weak that the soap scent over powers the coconut.

5 413
 04-22-2012, 03:25 PM
  • GreekGuy
  • Not saving money yet....
  • La Jolla, CA
User Info
(04-22-2012, 03:08 PM)Krisbarger Wrote: I just picked up a unused puck in a bowl from a user on another forum with tallow!! BiggrinBiggrinBiggrin:

I have always loved the scent of this soap but I just did not like the lather (or lack there of actually) so I sold it. I am very excited to have this great soap on the way. I have heard amazing things about the old Trumpers soaps.

You're about to be incredibly spoiled! Having used some of the old tallow soaps it makes me weep to think these formulas were changed. Oh the price of "progress"....

9 541
 04-22-2012, 03:58 PM
User Info
(04-22-2012, 03:15 PM)Krisbarger Wrote: I have bought the Trumpers tallow. It is one the way. I have tried the Haslinger coconut... The scent is so weak that the soap scent over powers the coconut.

I think you forgot some words?

Anyway, yeah, I understand that the GFT you have is tallow. The point I was making is that it may be very difficult to find for most people at this point since it was discontinued over 4 years ago. I can't imagine that there are a ton of NOS tallow GFT pucks floating around right now, given that even an older veggie puck that actually works (compared to the new DUD veg formula stock) can be tough to come by.

And yes, the Haslinger Coconut scent is fairly subtle. I can still smell it though, but it's not like the GFT scent at all.

0 189
 04-22-2012, 04:18 PM
User Info
(04-22-2012, 03:58 PM)cvac Wrote:
(04-22-2012, 03:15 PM)Krisbarger Wrote: I have bought the Trumpers tallow. It is one the way. I have tried the Haslinger coconut... The scent is so weak that the soap scent over powers the coconut.

I think you forgot some words?

Anyway, yeah, I understand that the GFT you have is tallow. The point I was making is that it may be very difficult to find for most people at this point since it was discontinued over 4 years ago. I can't imagine that there are a ton of NOS tallow GFT pucks floating around right now, given that even an older veggie puck that actually works (compared to the new DUD veg formula stock) can be tough to come by.

And yes, the Haslinger Coconut scent is fairly subtle. I can still smell it though, but it's not like the GFT scent at all.

No I just accidently stuck an "e" on the word "on".

You are right it is very hard to find.

5 413
 04-22-2012, 04:37 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
I love the old tallow version of GFT soaps. I have the Sandalwood, Coconut, Limes and Violet and all of them have exceptional lather.

45 16,285
 04-22-2012, 04:37 PM
User Info
I often forget words when typing posts...

Anyway, I'm sure it'll be great. Very lucky to have that. Enjoy your shaves with it.

0 189