11-09-2013, 02:12 PM
User Info
The city where I was born and raised...enjoy it!!

http://foto360.ayrton.com/360/krp/rio_ae...Aereo.html

2 1,403
 11-09-2013, 02:16 PM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Gorgeous!

I need to move ... Biggrin

102 17,671
 11-09-2013, 02:29 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Beautiful, Claudio! (I'm so old that I can remember when Rio de Janeiro was the capital and largest city of Brazil. I remember seeing photos in the newspaper of the building of Brasilia. Rolleyes)

2 11,211
 11-09-2013, 03:34 PM
User Info
Que linda cidade, Claudio! Obrigado, meu amigo! Biggrin
Thanks, my friend!

75 20,883
 12-02-2013, 10:55 PM
  • CMur12
  • Semogueiro de Coração
  • Moses Lake, Washington State, USA
User Info
Claudio, so you're a Carioca! It is indeed a beautiful city, though I haven't been there in a long time.

I went to Brasil and to Rio for the first time in 1973, and I remember taking a ferry to Niteroi. I went back in 1975 and I was with some friends who were driving us around in their car. I was talking to someone in the back seat, not paying much attention to our surroundings. The friend who was driving announced, "And this is Niteroi." I said, "What, but we didn't take a ferry!" He said, "We just came across on that bridge." It seems they had build quite a bridge to cover the distance since I had last been there! Huh

Claudio, I haven't been to Brasil in a long time, but I loved the country. I recently retired, so I have time but not so much money. One way or another, I need to make my way back down there. (I would like to spend time in Portugal, again, too!)

- Murray

4 1,150
 12-03-2013, 08:46 AM
  • CRAusmus
  • Going from Texas to Georgia
User Info
Absolutely stunning.

14 1,177
 12-04-2013, 02:03 PM
  • tsimmns
  • Mississippi
User Info
I am hoping to travel here within the next year. First, I might need to learn the Portuguese languageBiggrin I have heard the women are beautiful as wellBiggrin I guess I could go without shaving equipment while on this journey.

15 970
 12-05-2013, 08:40 AM
User Info
(12-02-2013, 10:55 PM)CMur12 Wrote: Claudio, so you're a Carioca! It is indeed a beautiful city, though I haven't been there in a long time.

I went to Brasil and to Rio for the first time in 1973, and I remember taking a ferry to Niteroi. I went back in 1975 and I was with some friends who were driving us around in their car. I was talking to someone in the back seat, not paying much attention to our surroundings. The friend who was driving announced, "And this is Niteroi." I said, "What, but we didn't take a ferry!" He said, "We just came across on that bridge." It seems they had build quite a bridge to cover the distance since I had last been there! Huh

Claudio, I haven't been to Brasil in a long time, but I loved the country. I recently retired, so I have time but not so much money. One way or another, I need to make my way back down there. (I would like to spend time in Portugal, again, too!)

- Murray

Exactly, Murray!

I am an authentic "Carioca".

I was born and raised in the sands of the beaches of Ipanema and Leblon. I lived in Rio de Janeiro until 37 years old and when I got married and moved to Brasília (the life is more calm and great for who have family)

Rio is a great city, but I'm suspect to talk about it. I'm going to Rio at least 4 times per year because my parents live there and I still have a lot of friends.

The bridge that you mentioned is the Rio-Niteroi. It was built to connect the two cities and it has approximately 9 miles long.

(12-04-2013, 02:03 PM)tsimmns Wrote: I am hoping to travel here within the next year. First, I might need to learn the Portuguese languageBiggrin I have heard the women are beautiful as wellBiggrin I guess I could go without shaving equipment while on this journey.

Rio de Janeiro has beautiful women .... I hope you go single ...BiggrinBiggrin

2 1,403
 12-05-2013, 08:53 AM
User Info
Ah, que linda cidade, meu amigo! Espero ir la um dia! Biggrin

75 20,883
 12-05-2013, 10:58 PM
  • CMur12
  • Semogueiro de Coração
  • Moses Lake, Washington State, USA
User Info
Claudio, I also visited Brasilia in early 1973, when it was a very new city. I haven't seen it since then, but I'll bet it has grown and developed a lot in the meantime.

- Murray

4 1,150