04-23-2012, 07:09 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
*** SOLD ***

Gentlemen,
The new Muhle open comb is not for a heavy beard matched to an extremely sensitive skin. Technique is not a problem, since I also shave with the straight razor. This razor does not work for me, because I have a heavy beard and an extremely sensitive skin. While the straight works well on my skin, this razor does not.
This razor is in perfect shape. Well, it's had only three shaves. Yours for $30, and U.S. shipping is my compliment. If interested, please drop me a personal message. Thanks.
[Image: IMG_1223.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1226.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1225.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1224.jpg]

132 2,614
 04-23-2012, 08:47 AM
User Info
Obie,
i just ordered one or else i would pick this up.
i wanted to give it another try as i am enjoying my OCs, now. Good luck, sir.

75 20,883
 04-23-2012, 09:05 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Celestino,
It is an interesting razor. The first pass wipes out about 80 to 90 percent of the stubble. Ordinarily I do three passes. With this razor I did only two and some clean up. This is an excellent shaver. I am plagued, however, with an extremely sensitive skin, which can't handle these types of razors.
Recently I also bought a gorgeous Joris open comb in buffalo horn. I face some of the same skin problem with this one, too. A few more shaves and I'll decide if I want to keep it.
My skin does beautifully with the straight razor. With the Muhle open comb, and the Joris, you have to use similar techniques. Of course, technique is no problem. I can handle any of these razors. My skin and Hollywood face combined are another story.
Stay well,
Obie

132 2,614
 04-23-2012, 11:14 AM
  • mikeperry
  • St Louis via the UK
User Info
(04-23-2012, 07:09 AM)Obie Wrote: This razor is in perfect shape. Well, it's had only three shaves. Yours for $30, and U.S. shipping is my compliment.

That there Sir is a steal of a price, $30 (including shipping) for an excellent, (but has to be said) very aggressive open comb DE razor is a true bargain...

Good luck with your sale, though you shouldn't need any at that price Smile

23 1,872
 04-23-2012, 11:22 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
(04-23-2012, 11:14 AM)mikeperry Wrote:
(04-23-2012, 07:09 AM)Obie Wrote: This razor is in perfect shape. Well, it's had only three shaves. Yours for $30, and U.S. shipping is my compliment.

That there Sir is a steal of a price, $30 (including shipping) for an excellent, (but has to be said) very aggressive open comb DE razor is a true bargain...

Good luck with your sale, though you shouldn't need any at that price Smile

Thanks, Mike. You're kind. I believe that if I don't use it, I like to see someone else do so. That's why I kept the price low. It's either that or have it sit in the rack unused and wag its tongue at me. In this case, though, I'll probably replace the Muhle shave head with one from an Edwin Jagger. I have one in my stash. But, I still prefer it go to someone who likes this type of a razor and will use it.
Stay well,
Obie

132 2,614
 04-23-2012, 11:46 AM
  • mikeperry
  • St Louis via the UK
User Info
(04-23-2012, 11:22 AM)Obie Wrote: Thanks, Mike. You're kind. I believe that if I don't use it, I like to see someone else do so. That's why I kept the price low. It's either that or have it sit in the rack unused and wag its tongue at me. In this case, though, I'll probably replace the Muhle shave head with one from an Edwin Jagger. I have one in my stash. But, I still prefer it go to someone who likes this type of a razor and will use it.

Hi Obie

I'm only speaking the truth there...

I really like my MÜHLE R41 as either a 2 pass shaver (a 3rd pass with my pale "sensitive" skin and thick, curly red beard hair wouldn't make for a heavenly shave) or a first pass plough through machine followed by 2 further passes with a (much) milder closed comb DE razor.

Take care, Mike

23 1,872
 04-23-2012, 12:26 PM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
(04-23-2012, 11:46 AM)mikeperry Wrote:
(04-23-2012, 11:22 AM)Obie Wrote: Thanks, Mike. You're kind. I believe that if I don't use it, I like to see someone else do so. That's why I kept the price low. It's either that or have it sit in the rack unused and wag its tongue at me. In this case, though, I'll probably replace the Muhle shave head with one from an Edwin Jagger. I have one in my stash. But, I still prefer it go to someone who likes this type of a razor and will use it.

Hi Obie

I'm only speaking the truth there...

I really like my MÜHLE R41 as either a 2 pass shaver (a 3rd pass with my pale "sensitive" skin and thick, curly red beard hair wouldn't make for a heavenly shave) or a first pass plough through machine followed by 2 further passes with a (much) milder closed comb DE razor.

Take care, Mike

Mike,

Right you are. This is an incredible razor. I have several other open combs, Gillettes and Merkurs, and they do well for my extra sensitive skin. I love those. I have them on Edwin Jagger, Bull Mastiff and iKon handles. They have turned into sweet razors. The new Muhle open is in a different neighborhood for me. I'm also on the fence still with the Joris and will give it another few weeks to determine if it's for me.

All this for a guy who can't wear new shirts without having to wash them at least half a dozen times. That's right. Silk is fine. Cotton and wool are deadly. There was a time, in the days I wore a suit and tie, when my brother and I had a deal going. He would wear the shirts about a dozen times and then pass them on to me. By then I could wear them with no irritation on my skin.

Ah well, what fun. Take care, my friend, and thanks for your thoughts.
Obie

132 2,614
 04-23-2012, 04:38 PM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
Obie, if that Joris doesn't work out for you, please let me know. That horn handle is just the one I'm after.

43 1,690
 04-23-2012, 04:58 PM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
(04-23-2012, 04:38 PM)Andrew Wrote: Obie, if that Joris doesn't work out for you, please let me know. That horn handle is just the one I'm after.
Hello Andrew,
Yes, thanks, I will. I'll continue to use it for the next two or three weeks, looking for its sweet spot. It's a beautiful razor and deserve a chance. I'll be in touch.

132 2,614
 04-23-2012, 06:50 PM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
(04-23-2012, 04:58 PM)Obie Wrote:
(04-23-2012, 04:38 PM)Andrew Wrote: Obie, if that Joris doesn't work out for you, please let me know. That horn handle is just the one I'm after.
Hello Andrew,
Yes, thanks, I will. I'll continue to use it for the next two or three weeks, looking for its sweet spot. It's a beautiful razor and deserve a chance. I'll be in touch.

Sounds great, Obie. In the meantime I'll continue to enjoy my Cobra.

43 1,690
 04-24-2012, 04:33 AM
User Info
If I hadn't already committed my budget to the upcoming Tradere, I would jump on this. Great price, Obie! It shouldn't hang around long. That white is really white, though.

3 195
 04-24-2012, 04:34 AM
User Info
Obie, I will do this transaction as I am told that the Muhle 102 has the same razor head as the 41 which I have been considering for sometime. This looks like a perfect opportunity. I do live in Texas, just north of Dallas so I am CONUSA. I have been a member of Badger and Blade for sometime but I have just recently found and joined this site. I am still learning all the bells and whistles.

Tom

0 123
 04-24-2012, 04:56 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
(04-24-2012, 04:33 AM)Dirty Texan Wrote: If I hadn't already committed my budget to the upcoming Tradere, I would jump on this. Great price, Obie! It shouldn't hang around long. That white is really white, though.

Yes, the white is really white. I have several razors in faux ivory. The white adds a whole new dimension to the handle. Classy, actually.
The Tradere is on my list, too, and Richard has my name on the list for it. It looks like an interesting razor.
Stay well,
Obie

Gentlemen,
The razor sold. Thanks for your responses.
Stay well, and may good fortune swim in your lane.
Obie

132 2,614