04-23-2012, 07:38 AM
User Info
In my trickiness I've gotten my wife hooked on using my Kiss My Face Cool Mint shave cream when she shaves her legs in the shower. She's fallen in love with it, and I've been directed to procure more. I casually mentioned they have more than one scent, so she requested to get a few different ones.

Anywho ... this has led me to setting up an order from the vendor I normally use for KMF. This allows me the chance to add something else to the order, and I noticed the Aubrey Organics line of shave products that this vendor carries as well. Some of their aftershave scents sounded interesting.

Any of you guys every run into any of their stuff ?

0 252
 04-23-2012, 08:19 AM
User Info
(04-23-2012, 07:38 AM)GeneAut Wrote: Any of you guys every run into any of their stuff ?

I use their City Rhythms and Spice Island AS. I have a full bottle of CR and a sample of SI. I was initially drawn to them because they have witch hazel in them. I like them quite a bit, but I wish the City Rhythms had less patchouli, as I'm not a fan of that particular scent.

The face feel of these two AS's are great if you like witch hazel. You've probably found the ingredient list but if not:

City Rhythms:
INGREDIENTS INCI: Alcohol denat., aqua, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf juice*, glycerin, cedrus atlantica (cedar) oil, santalum album (sandalwood) oil, pogostemon cablin (patchouli) oil, citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot) oil, cananga odorata (ylang) oil, panax ginseng root extract.

Spice Island:
INGREDIENTS INCI: Alcohol denat., aqua, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf juice*, glycerin, pimenta racemosa (bay rum) leaf oil, pogostemon cablin (patchouli) leaf oil, piper nigrum (black pepper) seed oil, myristica fragrans (nutmeg) kernel oil, vetiveria zizanioides (vetiver) oil, panax ginseng root extract.

0 836
 04-23-2012, 08:29 AM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
5Savages, did you pick that up locally?

10 1,858
 04-23-2012, 08:48 AM
User Info
No, the full bottle was mail ordered (from where I don't recall) and the sample came from Garry's Sample Shop.

The Aubrey Organics website says that Valley Natural Foods just north of you carries their products, but I don't know if they carry the AS's.

0 836
 04-23-2012, 09:42 AM
User Info
The Spice Island was the one that really caught my attention as I've been a Bay Rum kick lately.

0 252
 04-23-2012, 09:55 AM
User Info
I 've tried:
Spice island lotion: Vetiver-bayrun scented. Powerfull and warm scent but not for everybody. The lotion itself performs absolutely great. (alcohol but not too much, aloe vera, witch hazel, glycerin............) The scent lasts rather well. Link
North woods balm: Not greasy light balm plenty of good ingredients ( little alcohol, aloe vera, witc hazel, a bit of menthol almost ridiculous, jojoba oil........)The scents (pine neddle) stills 5 minutes and then dissapears.
link

City rhythms bal: Exactly the sames properties as the north woods but smells lightly like sandalwood-cedar-bergamot. Link

The reviews (link) are in spanish (foroafeitado.com) but there are some photos.

0 107
 04-24-2012, 09:23 PM
User Info
I like the AS splashes a lot. Spice island is my favorite, CR is pretty good too. NW is the most YMMV of the lot as it is a pure pine scent. FYI the creams are brushless creams and won't work with a brush.

0 189