11-13-2013, 08:38 AM
User Info
So this weekend my wife asked my to run by an ULTA store to grab some shampoo and conditioner for her ... Me being the shave junky that I am (I prefer discerning gentlemen) I went on a side bar hunt for shave products and found two tubs of Billy Jealousy Whipped Cream and thought ... What the heck ... I knew it gets poor reviews for latherability but I always see these kind of products as a challenge ... To my delight the ULTA employee rang up my sale and it was 50% off and I got a $3.50 coupon off of each tub .. So I paid $16 for 16 oz of shave cream.

Got home and barely dipped my Rudy Vey STF v2 into the cream as I would TOBs or T&H and I picked up cream just on the tips of my brush ... Set to lathering and nothing was happening at all ... Then I thought ... What if this cream just needs a little more product .. So I started over and just used my index finger to take out about an almond sized amount and then started lathering ...

Completely different experience! Within 45 seconds and only adding a few drops of water I had a grapefruit size ball of very thick and dense lather. I shaved with it with my Cobra and the result was a shave that was slick and cushioned and left my face feeling very moisturized.

Honestly it is a very good cream if you use the right amount and start with a lightly wet brush.

I'll post lather pics later.

97 1,254
 11-13-2013, 08:58 AM
User Info
Pics would be great and if it works for you, then fantastic! Smile

75 20,883
 12-13-2013, 10:47 PM
User Info
Really !!!! I have this and my story is pretty similar to yours... they were actually on clearance as I guess Ulta is dropping the line. I figured for the money if I did not like it I would PIF or trade. I have had it for like at least a month and have been avoiding it thinking it will not be too good. I haven't even taken the lid off to look at it. Your post is very encouraging. I may just have to try this in the morning. Thanks for this post.

0 33
 12-19-2013, 05:46 PM
  • MikeD
  • Mississippi
User Info
I bought a tub today at Ulta for $11. I haven't used it yet, but I did do a test lather on my arm. I was actually pleasantly surprised. I had read a review on another site and the reviewer gave it a bad review concerning its lather. Of course the true test will be when I test it by shaving, but initial lather on arm was nice.

0 36