11-13-2013, 11:47 AM
  • Lradke
  • Edmonton, Alberta
User Info
Good Day Everyone! I am proud to announce...

It’s getting to be that time of year again when the Christmas Holidays are on peoples’ minds. Since the Season of Giving is almost upon us I thought I would bring it to The Shave Nook for all to enjoy, and host a Secret Santa gift exchange!

The Shave Nook’s
First Ever
Secret Santa – 2013

First, a few ground rules:
- The Shave Nook is an international forum with members hailing from all around the world, therefore this will be open to ALL members internationally (that means the MODS too Biggrin ).
- Since most members are CONUS, if you wish to keep the person you are giving to CONUS please let me know or I will assume you are willing to ship internationally.
- Each participant will be given one person to buy for.
- To keep it affordable for everyone, the dollar limit should be kept around $25-30 BEFORE shipping. Feel free to go over if you wish, this is to keep it fair for others who may be in school or have other expenses.
- Participants may want to post a “wish list” containing 2 or 3 items, to give those who are buying an idea of what to get in case they do not know you or if you are allergic to certain types of products.
- Since this is a shaving forum, the gifts should be shaving themed.
- I will be going by Canada Post’s shipping deadlines (assuming airmail for international) as I personally believe they have the slowest shipping, so everyone should get their items in time for the holidays.
- Lastly…THE SHAVE NOOK AND THE MODERATING TEAM IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANYTHING THAT MAY GO WRONG. THE FORUM IS JUST THE MEDIUM I AM CHOOSING TO USE FOR THE GIFT EXCHANGE.

Now that the rules are established, please let me know if you would like to participate and if you are alright with international shipping; you will need to send me a PM with your address, so I can give it to your Secret Santa. Also, feel free to post a small wish list below, so your Secret Santa can have an idea what to get you.

As mentioned there are shipping deadlines, so the cut off for sign up will be SATURDAY NOV. 23 @ MIDNIGHT. This will allow me time to make the assignments, get the information out to you, and for you to buy and ship your goods; I hope to have the assignments out by Nov. 25th.

Recommended Shipping deadlines are as follows:
Overseas - Ship by December 2
Within CAN/USA - Ship by December 10

Hopefully we get a good group signed up and that we all have fun! Please remember to be respectful of others, and keep things in the holiday spirit. I'll be keeping an updated list of participants below!

*Just as a side note, I know that some online vendors will help you out and ship products straight to your recipient, you just have to ask.

List of Participants:
- Johnny
- Celar36
- Starkicker
- Crag
- Fernando
- Howler
- MichaelD
- explodyii
- Fab
- wallacmb
- grantmm
- jpakstis
- bullgoose
- strohman
- mjemec
- geezer
- Miketorrge
- hudson
- Rui Marques
- moz68
- Songwind
- KLovgren
- wingdo
- Coyote
- waveflow

1 608
 11-13-2013, 12:42 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I will participate for shipping in the CONUS.

My wish list:

CADE Shaving Cream
CADE Shaving Balm
I COLONIALI Puck Refill
I COLONIALI Hydro-Repairing Balm

Question:

When we ship our secret gifts, are we to put a note in the package saying who it is from or do we just say Secret Santa?

173 23,490
 11-13-2013, 12:57 PM
  • celar36
  • Enjoying Life 1 shave at time
  • London, UK
User Info
My wish list:

Nancy Boy Products.

Cheers

11 861
 11-13-2013, 04:41 PM
  • Lradke
  • Edmonton, Alberta
User Info
(11-13-2013, 12:42 PM)Johnny Wrote: I will participate for shipping in the CONUS.

My wish list:

CADE Shaving Cream
CADE Shaving Balm
I COLONIALI Puck Refill
I COLONIALI Hydro-Repairing Balm

Question:

When we ship our secret gifts, are we to put a note in the package saying who it is from or do we just say Secret Santa?

Personally I like keeping it a secret, but it's really up to you. Smile

Cheers! Smile

1 608
 11-13-2013, 05:00 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Nice idea Luke!

Let's see your festive spirit Nookers!

[Image: Tnlesgz.png]

91 17,798
 11-13-2013, 06:51 PM
User Info
I'm in! I'll send a PM to Lradke directly, but thanks so much for organizing this!

No wish list as such, but I don't get along with anything with menthol/eucalyptus/mint, etc.

19 631
 11-14-2013, 08:42 AM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
I'm in...Sounds like Fun...CONUS for me.

Wish List:

1. Puck of Blenheim Bouquet - Used is ok

2. Prairie Creations KISS Shave Cream in Homme L'Occitane type, Spiced Mahogany or Call of the Wild - Lightly Fragranced

3. L'Occitane Cade Shave Soap Puck

4. Any DR Harris Shave Stick used or new, no matter.

5. Prairie Creations RTS Tallow and Lanolin Shave Soap Puck - Homme L'Occitane Type

6. Personna Med Prep or Lab Blue Blades

7. a $25 gift in my name to the Wounded Warrior Project. Send me the certificate.

Thanks!

Matt

68 1,416
 11-14-2013, 10:18 AM
User Info
I'm in!

i would like to get some itens that is very hard for us to get down here, like WM Newmanns 1907 soap/asl, also very curious about the soda scent.

I am in Brazil, and i am perfeclty fine on sending brasilian products, since many like and they are hard to find up there. but i can also get other itens no problem.

Fernando

0 20
 11-14-2013, 10:21 AM
  • Howler
  • A calamophile and vintage razor lover
  • Fort Smith AR
User Info
I will participate too.

Wish List;

Artisan soap
Maggard razor
synthetic brush
aftershave splash
blades
D.R. Harris soap

1 3,507
 11-14-2013, 10:30 AM
User Info
I'll jump right in this one.

My wish list:

Mundus Shave Soap (addictive scent/found on Etsy)
Spencer & Devon Sagebrush SC
Gem Blue Star single edge blades

4 952
 11-14-2013, 06:13 PM
User Info
I'm game!

List for me:

Semogue 830
Mike's Naturals (Pine & Cedar, Coconut, Lavender, Lavandin/Euc - pick a favorite in a tin!)
Mystic Waters (Adirondak Jack, Viola di Bosco, Green Fairy, Sensitive Skin, Marrakesh, Orange Spice Tea - pick a favorite in a stick or tub!)
Thayers Witch Hazel sampler
Honestly, artisan soaps of any variety that you love! (I have a boatload of stuff from Al's though...)

14 229
 11-15-2013, 07:27 AM
  • Fab
  • New York, NY
User Info
I'm definitely in! What a great initiative. This forum is awesome. Looks like a big family.
Here is a list to help out my Secret Santa

*Gold Platted Sabi T1 razor
*Maggard Razor MR3
*Dr. Selby cream or soap
*Tabac shaving soap in bowl
*blades (voskhod, lada, polsilver, etc..) nothing super sharp like feather or astra.

Anything else you want Biggrin After all there is a secret component to the gift as well!

10 486
 11-15-2013, 08:11 AM
User Info
I was recommended to this site from another and
I would love to be included in this amazing plan, though I have admittedly been lurking for the past week or so. I have been wet shaving for a while, but have yet to find such a welcoming/ caring community. I mean...you're including international members in shipping exchanges!Biggrin
my wish list would be:
a Valobra Fougere puck
anything English Fern related
anything myrsol
alt Innsbruck
anything interesting/region specific is always appreciated!! I figure this may be part of the fun in an international exchange! Though I sould mention, I do not get along well with mint/eucalyptus/menthol and I almost strictly use straight razors (as opposed to DEs)

How firm are people on the wish list? should we follow it to a T?

Sincerely,
Max

0 23
 11-15-2013, 09:01 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
The wish list is just a suggestion of what folks like but it is not set in stone.

173 23,490
 11-15-2013, 09:18 AM
  • Lradke
  • Edmonton, Alberta
User Info
(11-15-2013, 09:01 AM)Johnny Wrote: The wish list is just a suggestion of what folks like but it is not set in stone.

Thanks Johnny!

The wish list is just to give people an idea of what you are interested in or stuff you can't use. Some people are like me who react badly to certain products, so the 'wish list' will give me the opportunity to pass that info on.

Cheers! Smile

1 608
 11-15-2013, 11:14 AM
User Info
Thanks, Luke and Johnny, this is a fantastic endeavor.

max

0 23
 11-15-2013, 01:22 PM
  • grantmm
  • Friend of the Badgers
  • Draper, Utah
User Info
I did this on another forum for a few years and it was a blast! We called it Secret Llama Smile

I'm IN!

Wish list:

AOS Sandalwood Tallow
ANYTHING random. Be creative. This doesn't have to be limited to shaving products.

9 732
 11-15-2013, 01:41 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
(11-15-2013, 01:22 PM)grantmm Wrote: I did this on another forum for a few years and it was a blast! We called it Secret Llama Smile

I'm IN!

Wish list:

AOS Sandalwood Tallow
ANYTHING random. Be creative. This doesn't have to be limited to shaving products.

Well, per the rules it does.

"- Since this is a shaving forum, the gifts should be shaving themed."

173 23,490
 11-15-2013, 04:50 PM
User Info
I'm in. My list:

1. No blades (I have plenty)

2. Surprise me!

- Josh -

72 1,407
 11-15-2013, 06:42 PM
  • bullgoose