11-14-2013, 11:20 PM
User Info
I'm notoriously difficult to buy inexpensive gifts for... As ones expertise progresses so does the gear that supports it.

So what's on the list for you? Shaving or not, bring it on. Bear in mind there is a difference between need and want.

OK, my list. Shaving is low on it since I already took care of that on my own over the past few years.

Need:
1) Dillon setup to reload 9mm (unless I buy it on my own). 9mm has been a very low priority in the past. Times change.

2) 9mm projectiles (bullets), but thanks to hollywood the word bullets has now come to mean cartridges. Cartridges are not bullets, but bullets are projectiles, so I need to be specific here. I make cartridges, I need bullets (projectiles).

I might take care of both of these needs on my own before Christmas.

Want:
1) Moog Theremin with amp with enhanced board.

I'm not musical at all, so I figure this will give me a real challenge completely out of my comfort zone since it's the most difficult instrument on the planet to play. I have huge misgivings here but bring it on! I love to hear the theremin from folks who can actually play it. If I can do so even a little (I have high standards) I'll consider it a success. :-) Others might not. It'll be a challenge and I welcome it.

32 6,311
 11-15-2013, 07:05 AM
  • Rufus
  • Greater Toronto Area
User Info
Need: a Letts of London 2014 pocket diary.

Want: Bose over-the-ear noise cancelling earphones.

The trouble is I have a birthday between now and then. Other than a few fripperies I can't think of anything I need or want except the above.

5 761
 11-15-2013, 08:25 AM
User Info
Need, not much.
A Tel-tru thermometer for my Primo, although I am sure I can do without it.

Want,
Cobra Classic
Hunt-Lee, when is it coming out?
Router and table
small lathe and accessories. I would like to start turning a few handles.
Le Pere Lucien shave soap to try.

31 1,800
 11-15-2013, 10:07 AM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
(11-15-2013, 07:05 AM)Rufus Wrote: The trouble is I have a birthday between now and then. Other than a few fripperies I can't think of anything I need or want except the above.

My anniversary is 12/2, and my birthday is 1/14. Other than Father's day, I get all my gifts in one fell swoop over the winter. Smile

Need (Mostly soap making stuff)
Silicon column mold for shaving pucks
Silicon loaf mold for soap bars
Mica colors
Various EO and FOs.
Computer Keyboard

Want
iKon Slant
Cobra Classic
Shave-A-Buck's new TTO open comb razor.
Books

10 1,858
 11-15-2013, 04:33 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
I am fortunate in that I don't need anything and can get the few small items I might want so when I say what I want is Peace on Earth, I truly mean it. Imagine a year of it being safe to go anywhere without taking one's shoes or belt off or unpacking half of one's travel gear. Imagine being able to smile at everyone because there are no enemies, real or perceived. Lastly, imagine using that year to be able to work out differences and making my wish a permanent reality.

I'm sorry for being so corny but, yes, that would top my list.

2 11,211
 11-15-2013, 04:59 PM
  • Lradke
  • Edmonton, Alberta
User Info
(11-15-2013, 04:33 PM)freddy Wrote: I am fortunate in that I don't need anything and can get the few small items I might want so when I say what I want is Peace on Earth, I truly mean it. Imagine a year of it being safe to go anywhere without taking one's shoes or belt off or unpacking half of one's travel gear. Imagine being able to smile at everyone because there are no enemies, real or perceived. Lastly, imagine using that year to be able to work out differences and making my wish a permanent reality.

That's great Freddy! Smile most of the time all I want is for my kids to have a great Christmas and want nothing for myself.

Unfortunately that's not the case this time...thanks to Nintendo this is at the top of my list!
[Image: jy7epyba.jpg]

I'm a huge Zelda fan and this is a remake of my favourite Zelda game. I don't have the 3DS, hence the Zelda one is the one I want. Wink

If I get this, I don't need anything else.

Cheers! Smile

1 608
 11-15-2013, 06:38 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
(11-15-2013, 04:59 PM)Lradke Wrote:
(11-15-2013, 04:33 PM)freddy Wrote: I am fortunate in that I don't need anything and can get the few small items I might want so when I say what I want is Peace on Earth, I truly mean it. Imagine a year of it being safe to go anywhere without taking one's shoes or belt off or unpacking half of one's travel gear. Imagine being able to smile at everyone because there are no enemies, real or perceived. Lastly, imagine using that year to be able to work out differences and making my wish a permanent reality.

That's great Freddy! Smile most of the time all I want is for my kids to have a great Christmas and want nothing for myself.

Unfortunately that's not the case this time...thanks to Nintendo this is at the top of my list!

I'm a huge Zelda fan and this is a remake of my favourite Zelda game. I don't have the 3DS, hence the Zelda one is the one I want. Wink

Cheers! Smile

Luke, with such a simple request, may it be yours. Now for the important question, and Santa knows!, have you been extra good or lump of coal bad in the past year? Winky

2 11,211
 11-18-2013, 11:55 AM
  • Lradke
  • Edmonton, Alberta
User Info
(11-15-2013, 06:38 PM)freddy Wrote:
(11-15-2013, 04:59 PM)Lradke Wrote:

Cheers! Smile

Luke, with such a simple request, may it be yours. Now for the important question, and Santa knows!, have you been extra good or lump of coal bad in the past year? Winky

Definitely good! Wink

1 608
 11-18-2013, 12:02 PM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
(11-15-2013, 04:59 PM)Lradke Wrote: That's great Freddy! Smile most of the time all I want is for my kids to have a great Christmas and want nothing for myself.

Cheers! Smile

Luke, I just pre-ordered one of these Nintendo 3DS XL - Zelda LE for one of my sons ... Christmas request.
He's pretty excited ... Smile

102 17,671
 11-18-2013, 01:38 PM
User Info
Need? Not much at all - the benefit of being financially secure means needs are dealt with as they arise.

Want? A small lathe - the Jet model 1014 looks nice - with tools and a how-to book or two would be great. Not just for making brush handles - even if I would love to have a go at those - but because it seems to be such a fascinating and rewarding hobby.

3 3,580
 11-19-2013, 12:17 PM
User Info
For me, I am seriously over-spending. I am going into a shave sabbatical for 2014 (exception bing a TSN LE brush, and depending on when it is finished a brush Bruno is working on for me).

Simpson's brushes and some C&S soap coming my way.

129 6,685
 11-19-2013, 08:26 PM
  • Lradke
  • Edmonton, Alberta
User Info
(11-18-2013, 12:02 PM)Agravic Wrote:
(11-15-2013, 04:59 PM)Lradke Wrote: That's great Freddy! Smile most of the time all I want is for my kids to have a great Christmas and want nothing for myself.

Cheers! Smile

Luke, I just pre-ordered one of these Nintendo 3DS XL - Zelda LE for one of my sons ... Christmas request.
He's pretty excited ... Smile

I bet he is! Its a cool looking system and from what I see...one of the best Zelda game out there!

(I'm an old school gamer that grew up on the NES, and remembers every product release after that!)

1 608
 11-20-2013, 12:46 PM
User Info
I don't really need anything either, but have alerted my wife that I would like the PiggyBackRider: http://store.piggybackrider.com/nomis-ba...carry-bag/.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTjgTUcqk5c2W4WoWXQ6N...HGQfABpqF_]

It's a contraption for carrying toddlers on longer walks. My 3 year-old daughter likes to go hiking with Daddy, but she will tire out in a couple of miles and then it's a choice between walking very slowly or carrying her. Since she's over 40 lbs, carrying her on my shoulders gets old, and she's outgrown the baby-backpack we had. The PiggyBackRider should increase our range, and it's easy enough for her to jump in and out, making it easy to give her short rides while still letting her walk when she wants to explore.

37 1,731
 11-29-2013, 05:59 AM
User Info
(11-18-2013, 01:38 PM)WegianWarrior Wrote: Want? A small lathe - the Jet model 1014 looks nice - with tools and a how-to book or two would be great. Not just for making brush handles - even if I would love to have a go at those - but because it seems to be such a fascinating and rewarding hobby.

Looks like it's on sale today

31 1,800
 11-29-2013, 06:16 AM
User Info
need:
chanoyu tea instruction books - volume 10-15.

[Image: y5oBSP3.jpg]

7 1,625
 11-29-2013, 06:58 AM
User Info
(11-29-2013, 05:59 AM)Bowhnter Wrote:
(11-18-2013, 01:38 PM)WegianWarrior Wrote: Want? A small lathe - the Jet model 1014 looks nice - with tools and a how-to book or two would be great. Not just for making brush handles - even if I would love to have a go at those - but because it seems to be such a fascinating and rewarding hobby.

Looks like it's on sale today

Not over here it ain't :/

3 3,580
 11-30-2013, 12:20 AM
  • celar36
  • Enjoying Life 1 shave at time
  • London, UK
User Info
(11-29-2013, 06:16 AM)tonsorius Wrote: need:
chanoyu tea instruction books - volume 10-15.

[Image: y5oBSP3.jpg]

I will ask my family in China for you.

11 861
 11-30-2013, 12:25 AM
User Info
Dyson City, MWF ceramic dish/soap, polsilvers, Weber PH, M&P9 range and carry kity. I somehow doubt the M&P will be under the tree.

11 831
 11-30-2013, 01:22 AM
  • celar36
  • Enjoying Life 1 shave at time
  • London, UK
User Info
Its on the way:

200 DE Blades
ATT Atlas and Titan
Cobra Classic
Vintage Plisson
Thayers WH's
1kg ABCBA
Thinking about other Italian soap too
Nancy boy Products
Hydrolast moisturizer

I think is more, I over spend... (in fairness I bought it a lot over couple months and hold it at my friend place in USA so he can send everything at once)

SWMBO is getting new iMac.

11 861
 11-30-2013, 04:40 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Needs = zero
Wants = zero

I put the word out to family long before Christmas, do not buy me anything. It's expensive enough for the kids to just buy for their families. The old man does not need anything other than to see my kids and grandkids sometime during the Christmas holidays. This year will be three days in Madison with three of my kids and their families.

I live by the old saying, it is better to give than receive. Now since I refuse to go in to a department store, I give cash. $100.00 for each adult, $50.00 for each grandkid. It adds up in a hurry.

173 23,554