11-20-2013, 03:48 AM
User Info
Wow. A fountain pen forum. This is great.

Two comments if I may.

1. A big "Thanks You" to Freddy and Bullgoose for making this happen.

2. Can "The Fountain Pen Thread" ( the one with 17K plus hits) be made permanent at the top of this forum?
It is a great thread with so much information in it. I learned so much from the folks posting there. From front to back it is a great read. I would hate to see that collective knowledge slide off the page as we go to specific topic postings.

Thanks.
Phil

7 363
 11-20-2013, 07:21 AM
  • CRAusmus
  • Going from Texas to Georgia
User Info
(11-20-2013, 03:48 AM)PhilNH5 Wrote: Wow. A fountain pen forum. This is great.

Two comments if I may.

1. A big "Thanks You" to Freddy and Bullgoose for making this happen.

2. Can "The Fountain Pen Thread" ( the one with 17K plus hits) be made permanent at the top of this forum?
It is a great thread with so much information in it. I learned so much from the folks posting there. From front to back it is a great read. I would hate to see that collective knowledge slide off the page as we go to specific topic postings.

Thanks.
Phil

Very true. I wish we could have someone spend weeks going through that thread and separating all of Howler's ink reviews and all your pen reviews, and everyone else's various contributions so that they could be easier to locate, but oh well.. Eventually after many searches these things will come out and into their own threads.

I am very excited about how much easier this forum is going to be to navigate now.

Thanks again Freddy, and the TSN mods to make this possible.

14 1,177
 11-20-2013, 10:05 AM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Just wondering if Roller balls and Ball point pens are included...always was a interest of mine and I have quite a collection...Lamy,Porsche,MontBlanc,Cross...etc....from years of using in my job which required a strong pen to write on NCR carbon paper...(from the olden days)....pressed very hard and needed better gripping ....

6 1,951
 11-20-2013, 10:19 AM
  • CRAusmus
User Info
Don't see why they couldn't be. As many know, I'm quite fond of Fisher Space Pens myself. But I manly just love them because I can take them backpacking and climbing with me and not worry about the durability or ability to write in adverse conditions.

14 1,177
 11-21-2013, 06:02 AM
User Info
(11-20-2013, 03:48 AM)PhilNH5 Wrote: 2. Can "The Fountain Pen Thread" ( the one with 17K plus hits) be made permanent at the top of this forum?

Thanks Freddy. I am sure that thread will continue to be visited.

Phil

7 363
 11-21-2013, 08:46 AM
  • Howler
  • A calamophile and vintage razor lover
  • Fort Smith AR
User Info
Thanks Freddy and Bull goose for making this happen.

1 3,507
 11-21-2013, 12:19 PM
User Info
(11-20-2013, 10:05 AM)Harvey Wrote: Just wondering if Roller balls and Ball point pens are included...always was a interest of mine and I have quite a collection...Lamy,Porsche,MontBlanc,Cross...etc....from years of using in my job which required a strong pen to write on NCR carbon paper...(from the olden days)....pressed very hard and needed better gripping ....
Absolutely!
I am fond of my Parker Jotters, mechanical pencils,
rollerballs, and a few other writing instruments. Fountain pens are great, but a good ballpoint or rollerball is needed for some things.

1 345
 11-21-2013, 01:48 PM
  • CRAusmus
User Info
For the price you just can't beat a Jotter. Not that I've found anyway.

14 1,177
 11-21-2013, 03:16 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
While not a fan of ballpoint pens, I agree with Pam that sometimes it is the writing instrument that is needed for the job at hand. I still have the Cross chrome ballpoint pen I purchased in high school (and I graduated more than 50 years ago) and, except for replacing the cartridge, it works as good today as it did back when I originally got it.

As for roller balls, I much prefer the ones that use standard international fountain pen ink cartridges (the Kaweco Sport Rollerball and the very very inexpensive PaperMate Rollerball come to mind) to the ones that use proprietary stick ballpoint type replacements.

2 11,211
 11-22-2013, 12:14 AM
User Info
(11-21-2013, 03:16 PM)freddy Wrote: As for roller balls, I much prefer the ones that use standard international fountain pen ink cartridges (the Kaweco Sport Rollerball and the very very inexpensive PaperMate Rollerball come to mind) to the ones that use proprietary stick ballpoint type replacements.

Right you are there Freddy. Wonderful invention that is.

129 6,685