11-21-2013, 12:58 PM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
I was just at my local mall and decided to stop into the Art of Shaving store. Imagine my surprise when I encountered Penhaligons fragrances. The knowledgeable sales rep told me that several of the AOS stores are participating in a pilot program to feature Penhaligons fragrances. They are not selling any of the Penhaligons shaving products, mind you, just a selection of eight men's fragrances. They have the fragrances displayed to match each of the four major "scent" groups of their products. IIRC, they have Opus 1870 and Zizonia recommended for their sandalwood line; Sartorial and Endymion for their lavender line; Quercus and Duoro for their lemon line; and Blenheim Bouquet and Juniper Sling for (I think) their unscented line. Anyway - eight great fragrances, now quite accessible at my local mall. Boy did I smell good walking out of that store. And what a difference it makes to try before you buy. Right now I'm leaning toward Sartorial and Duoro.

43 1,692
 11-21-2013, 01:51 PM
User Info
That's great! Did they happen to give you a list of the other stores participating in the program?

5 407
 11-21-2013, 02:08 PM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
Not sure they'd know, but I plan to go back and ask.

Andrew

43 1,692
 11-21-2013, 03:11 PM
  • JaDo
  • Dallas, TX
User Info
Dallas had them, too. It was great to be able to sample them side-by-side. No English Fern, though. That one is my favorite. I don't want to read too much into it not being carried in the store.

6 235
 11-21-2013, 04:23 PM
User Info
Penhaligons sent me an email response a couple of weeks ago in which they informed me English Fern shaving soap has been discontinued. The only new formula soaps will be the Sartorial and Blenheim Bouquet. Sorry about that!

24 1,172
 11-21-2013, 04:55 PM
  • JaDo
  • Dallas, TX
User Info
The Edt too???!!!

6 235
 11-21-2013, 05:01 PM
User Info
No idea, someone should contact Pens through their website. That's what I did, and got a prompt response. I asked myself the same question, but at the time I was communicating just about the soaps. Here's the message I got:

Dear Gary,

Thank you very much for your mail.

Unfortunately we are discontinuing the English Fern Shaving soap, replaced by Sartorial.

We didn’t make a new production with the new formula as for Blenheim and Sartorial.

You will be able to purchase soap refills only for Blenheim Bouquet.

Thank you for your comprehension,

Yours Sincerely

Penhaligon's

24 1,172
 11-21-2013, 09:03 PM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
I do not think one should read much into the Penhaligons scents carried by AOS. It looks like AOS worked with Penhaligons to market specific scents that best complement the AOS range of shaving products. English Fern did not make the cut in the AOS stores. Other stockists should continue to have a supply.

Andrew

43 1,692