11-22-2013, 06:34 PM
User Info
We only started with fountain pens at Christmas of 2012.
In the ensuing 11 months we ordered pens, paper, ink supplies, etc.

I have noticed the great customer service we receive from the vendors. It has been extraordinary. The only other vendor with this high level of service is Bullgoose Shaving.

I have mentioned these on The Fountain Pen Thread but wanted to make note of 3 examples of this high level of service.

1.Franklin-Christoph - I ordered the Bellus Model 29 in Radiant Red. This pen arrived with a crooked cap finial. I sent them an email the very evening I openedthe pen and they replied at 9:30PM apologizing and stating their plan to make amends. The next day I had a FedEx tracking number as they sent out a whole new cap. They also included a return Frd Ex mailer. Two days later the entire issue was fixed. I had my new cap and the faulty one was returned. No fuss.

2. Jet-Pens. I ordered a Kaweco Allarounder from them. My wife loved it. It was her first fountain pen. She had it for two weeks when she saw me fill my first ever converter (following Freddy's tutorial). She said she wished she could do that. I told her to get her converter and i would show her how to fill it. She said she did not get one. We checked the box - no converter. Re-checked website which said converter included.
Sent an email. Within hours received an email apologizing and a FedEx tracking number. The converter had already been shipped.

3. XFountain Pens. Ordered 7 of the X450 fountain pens in 3 orders. My wife decided she liked Medium nibs so she ordered a replacement nib. It arrived but we could not get the Fine nib out of her pen. She sent them an email. they replied with instructions(just grasp and pull). That was what we were doing. She emailed back and offered to send her pen back with the new nib for them to install. They offered to just send her a new pen with a medium nib which they did. They did not want the original pen back. Wow.

I am just amazed at the level of service from the pen industry.
An order of magnitude above what I have come to expect. And we order a lot on line as I hate shopping.

Theother vendor I use is Goulet Pens. Never had any problems and there notification, shipment and packaging is first rate. Plus you get a Tootsie Pop!

I am wondering if we have just been lucky. Or left pondering why the pen industry is so much better than other retail outlets.

Phil

7 363
 11-22-2013, 09:26 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
I have had excellent service from all of those companies. In fact, at Goulet Pens, I ordered some of their pen flush, along with a bottle of ink and a bookmark. The Goulets are famous in the pen world for the way they wrap and package their shipments. When my package arrived a little of the pen flush had leaked out but did no damage to any of the products (not even the Tootsie Pop Biggrin ) because of the way everything was wrapped. I e-mailed just to let them know and I stated in the e-mail that everything arrived okay and I was in no way looking for compensation but that I didn't understand what happened because the cap on the flush was quite secure. All I could think of was perhaps air pressure because it was flown from the East to West coast. I immediately got a return e-mail thanking me and informing me that I had been reimbursed the shipping charge. Just outstanding customer service from all of these companies.

2 11,211
 01-05-2014, 11:04 PM
User Info
I have found some of the BEST customer service with pen and shave product vendors. I sure wish you got that kind of treatment when purchasing everywhere.

1 345
 01-06-2014, 02:16 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
(01-05-2014, 11:04 PM)MsBlackwolf Wrote: I have found some of the BEST customer service with pen and shave product vendors. I sure wish you got that kind of treatment when purchasing everywhere.

Yes, Pam, and may we start with the (expletive deleted) airlines! Angry

2 11,211