11-23-2013, 09:50 PM
  • Sanch
  • Tennessee
User Info
So, today I started my day with the normal coffee etc etc... , I was kinda disgruntled cause my regular postal carrier has been on vacation and I have been expecting a parcel that contained a new DE, long story shorter I had to go pick up the parcel. In the meantime my 15 year old step son called and wanted to visit so we loaded the family vehicle and went to pick him up, after this , dinner, then he was like"oh by the way I have a class at the dojo tonight at six! " I said yay! We all get to watch you practice some self defense! He is enrolled in the Explorer program here (program for youths interested in becoming LEO.) It's 5:45pm and he says to me hey dad I have to be there at 6 and I need to be clean shaved!!! WOW!!! So what did I do I opened the parcel that was still in the mini van it contained my matador "el Gordo" some blades and a brand new puck of TOBS Sandalwood mind you here he had a very well grown goatee and moustache we get to the dojo and I ask the senior instructor where is the bathroom ? I helped him shave clean as a babys bottom in the dojo! We had a heck of a night! He (my son) says to me that was a great night I liked the shave so when we got home he got his surprise a DE starter set brush razor soap aftershave alum block and a pre shave oil!

2 253
 11-23-2013, 10:12 PM
User Info
Excellent! Great way to introduce the young man to a great form of shaving! A job well done, sir! Smile

75 20,883
 11-23-2013, 10:21 PM
User Info
Great story! Thanks!

Your step son has a great step dad.

32 6,308
 11-23-2013, 10:22 PM
  • Sanch
  • Tennessee
User Info
Thank you sir I am very happy that I am able to be part of his life and it's something he will remember even when I'm gone.

2 253
 11-24-2013, 06:37 AM
  • Deuce
  • Just a guy
  • Cave Creek
User Info
That's what it's all about

19 700
 11-24-2013, 09:46 AM
  • grantmm
  • Friend of the Badgers
  • Draper, Utah
User Info
I was expecting that this would turn out to be a day to remember because everything went wrong. What a great story and memory!

9 732
 11-24-2013, 12:06 PM
User Info
(11-24-2013, 09:46 AM)grantmm Wrote: I was expecting that this would turn out to be a day to remember because everything went wrong. What a great story and memory!

As above!

1 100
 11-28-2013, 09:47 PM
  • savagejoerude
  • If you ain't a LOSER, you ain't livin'!!
  • New Orleans USA
User Info
I to today turned my daughters boyfriend on to wet shaving. I lent him my Korona, and my Gem Jr. Hooked him up with a blade assortment, a puck of VdH, A tube of Russian menthol cream, and gave him a Semogue 1460 that I had taken out of the rotation. I gave him a quick lesson on making lather. He was extremely interested and I think I may have made a new convert. When he decides what razor he likes I plan on finding him one of his own. (No he ain't keepin my razors. I'm running low these days..lol).... I have converted my son in law to SE's and several of my family members and friends. PASS IT FORWARD is very rewarding for me. Wet shaving is way too cool to keep under wraps....

5 1,151
 11-28-2013, 10:01 PM
  • Sanch
  • Tennessee
User Info
That is so cool of you!

2 253
 11-29-2013, 08:57 PM
User Info
That's an awesome story. I hope to make memories like that with my future sons.

2 396