11-24-2013, 06:36 PM
  • GMofmiami
  • Miami, Fl & Central America
User Info
Hello gents,

I've been trying to contact Lee for more than 3 weeks but no response what so ever....I've dealt with Lee before and own 2 magnificent bespoke brushes... I know he is not known for swift communications but he usually responds in spurts but so far nothing. Anyone had any luck communicating with Lee recently? Wondering if he changed his email address? Thanks in advance gents for the assistance.

45 708
 11-24-2013, 06:51 PM
User Info
I know of a friend who was contacted by Lee Sabini a few days ago, so he is responding. As usual, he must be quite busy with orders. I haven't heard of an email change.
Good luck, Greg.

75 20,883
 11-24-2013, 07:41 PM
  • P Funk
  • I can only carry 50 chickens at a time
  • Bay Area, NorCal
User Info
I've put in 2 orders with him recently.
One was received a few weeks back. The other should be here soon (fingers crossed) from an order placed a couple of weeks ago.
So he is around. Good luck!

19 591
 11-24-2013, 08:46 PM
  • GMofmiami
User Info
Thank you gents for the positive news....I'll keep trying to reach him....I really NEED another M&F brush....LOL!!!

45 708
 11-24-2013, 08:51 PM
User Info
I sent him a message a few weeks ago (maybe 3-4), nothing back so far!

14 229
 11-24-2013, 09:02 PM
  • GMofmiami
User Info
(11-24-2013, 08:51 PM)explodyii Wrote: I sent him a message a few weeks ago (maybe 3-4), nothing back so far!

Keeping my fingers crossed and hope to again communicate with him....soon

45 708
 11-25-2013, 02:52 AM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
My experience a few months ago was very different. I received a reply to my first email within a few hours. After that it was sporadic but I did get my brush in a reasonable amount of time. I really didn't mind how long it would take, it wasn't urgent and I knew I was getting a work of art, which meant I was working with an artist. At least, that's how I approached it.

5 2,006
 11-25-2013, 03:45 AM
User Info
(11-25-2013, 02:52 AM)Mouser Wrote: My experience a few months ago was very different. I received a reply to my first email within a few hours. After that it was sporadic but I did get my brush in a reasonable amount of time. I really didn't mind how long it would take, it wasn't urgent and I knew I was getting a work of art, which meant I was working with an artist. At least, that's how I approached it.

I'm jealous. Well done. I've been trying to contact Lee for last 2 months, no joy. I've pretty much given up. Luckily I've got 3 of his brushes already but wanted a custom shape handle. Oh well.

8 243
 11-25-2013, 05:24 AM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
 11-25-2013, 05:28 AM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
... a picture is worth a thousand words ... Biggrin

102 17,662
 11-25-2013, 07:55 AM
  • GMofmiami
User Info
(11-25-2013, 05:24 AM)ben74 Wrote: [Image: lPI077I.jpg]

Good stuff Ben...Biggrin

45 708
 11-25-2013, 08:13 AM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
Ben's a real treasure whether he's sharing his brushes or his humor with us SmileSmile

5 2,006
 11-25-2013, 09:16 AM
User Info
Of course you do!
(11-24-2013, 08:46 PM)GMofmiami Wrote: I really NEED another M&F brush....LOL!!!

15 762
 11-26-2013, 05:21 AM
User Info
I tried to get a hold of him once, never returned my email. So I've given up, I'll just buy the m&f brushes as friends or people on here have them up for sale. I was thinking how nice it'd be if he was a member of the site and had some better communication with a group of people who clearly have a lot of interest in more orders. However, at the same time I wonder if how hard it is to get a hold of him and the longer wait times are part of what makes one lust for an m&f so much. Regardless of whether it's done intentionally or not.

10 829
 11-26-2013, 12:45 PM
User Info
I've sent him a couple of emails, whatever criteria he uses to decide who he may return contact is beyond me. I don't find it very gentlemanly or courteous to be ignored however. He has obviously returned emails from others since my attempts.

I regard emails no different than a letter, phone call or a face to face conversation. I always write personal emails as if I am letter writing.

I'm sure as heck not going to beg someone to make me a brush.

I just find it rude

0 50
 11-26-2013, 11:29 PM
User Info
I think/would imagine Lee is just busy with the time of the year at the moment. Perhaps Christmas orders of a big batch?

Due to the nature of this business, we have to be patient (if we choose to that is) and just try again later on in the year.

All my experiences with Lee have been fantastic. He is such a gentleman.

The brushes are WELL worth the wait.

7 1,179
 11-26-2013, 11:44 PM
User Info
His brushes are WELL worth the wait. Or if you are lucky, just pick one up off the BST for a very short wait!

This beauty is heading my way!

[Image: dzOHRZG.jpg]

63 2,128
 11-26-2013, 11:49 PM
User Info
(11-26-2013, 11:44 PM)cessnabird Wrote: His brushes are WELL worth the wait. Or if you are lucky, just pick one up off the BST for a very short wait!

This beauty is heading my way!

[Image: dzOHRZG.jpg]

Wow. Enjoy it in good Heath!

7 1,179
 11-27-2013, 12:26 AM
User Info
(11-26-2013, 11:29 PM)Dipesh Wrote: I think/would imagine Lee is just busy with the time of the year at the moment. Perhaps Christmas orders of a big batch?

Due to the nature of this business, we have to be patient (if we choose to that is) and just try again later on in the year.

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you Dipesh. I've heard too many stories throughout the last few years for it to be a seasonal issue.
I'm glad you've had a pleasant and successful experience. I know of many who haven't.

As an example. I was curious to find out why I hadn't received my Phyl 8 brush as I was in the first batch. A simple phone call and I'd spoken to Mark within a few minutes and I'd got my answers.
I've dealt with many smaller artisan's too, such as Rodney Neep. I've never ever had as bad communication or heard as many stories as with Lee Sabini.

It's such as shame as I'm a big big fan of his work, owning 3 of his brushes already.
Even if he did respond to my emails, I doubt I'd go ahead with it due to current experience.

8 243
 11-27-2013, 12:43 AM
User Info
(11-27-2013, 12:26 AM)jodypress Wrote:
(11-26-2013, 11:29 PM)Dipesh Wrote: I think/would imagine Lee is just busy with the time of the year at the moment. Perhaps Christmas orders of a big batch?

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you Dipesh. I've heard too many stories throughout the last few years for it to be a seasonal issue.
I'm glad you've had a pleasant and successful experience. I know of many who haven't.

As an example. I was curious to find out why I hadn't received my Phyl 8 brush as I was in the first batch. A simple phone call and I'd spoken to Mark within a few minutes and I'd got my answers.
I've dealt with many smaller artisan's too, such as Rodney Neep. I've never ever had as bad communication or heard as many stories as with Lee Sabini.

It's such as shame as I'm a big big fan of his work, owning 3 of his brushes already.
Even if he did respond to my emails, I doubt I'd go ahead with it due to current experience.

Hi Jody, hope your well.

I'm purely taking from my experiences over the past few months. It's been around 3-4 weeks since I last had contact with Lee so it would suggest it is seasonal to me.

Over the last 3 months I've picked up 6 or 7 (I can't remember!) of his magnificent creations with no issues.

I wouldn't want to compare with how others do things purely because we don't know enough of what's going on in terms of resource etc etc... I couldn't be sure I was making a like for like comparison.

7 1,179