• Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Well,I must write, New Palmolive packaging shaving stick (this one) :

[Image: palmolivestick.JPG]

versus old Palmolive packaging shaving stick :

[Image: palmolive-classic-soap-stick__66604_zoom.jpg]

since they both share the same ingredients.There is a another Palmolive stick with Potassium Sterate as 1st ingredient but I havent tried it.

Thanks to a trade with a good member from UK (thanks Andy!) I got the chance to try out the "new Palmolive" shaving stick.I have tried Palmolive in the past (old packaging one) and it wasnt my fav stick : I found Wilkinson,La Toja,Valobra or even Erasmic with tallow,much better than Palmolive.These days I have been shaving with this new Palmolive shaving stick and I found some differences with the old one :

1.The lather is more slick than the old one,and is very noticeable.

2.Makes a thicker lather in no time.Well,the old one too,and maybe is because I have been using the Muhle silvertip fibres,but the lather is thick,much more than I remember.

3.Old Palmolive left my skin a little bit dry out after the shave.This new one doesn't.My skin wont even need after shave balm (I use it always,anyway) and I have dry skin.

Honestly I have been pretty amazed of how good this stick is working for me,and the slicker lather is something that I do appreciate a lot.

Have you noticed the same differences between the new and old packaging Palmolive shaving sticks?

86 7,124
 04-24-2012, 07:15 PM
User Info
Interesting thread. The sticks I purchased recently are in the dark green box at the top. It's not a bad stick all, pretty good in fact. But it couldn't match some of the other sticks I used in my recent comparison thread.

0 189
 04-24-2012, 11:15 PM
User Info
There is absolutely no difference between these sticks.

You see the "Stiftung Warentest" label? Stiftung Warentest is the leading German consumer safety group. The Palmolive stick received a rating of "2,2" back in 2004.

"Stiftung Warentest" says:
Quote:Since publication of the test itself, the product must not be changed in the characteristics tested.

Otherwise (in case of a reformulation) Palmolive would not be allowed to print the "Stiftung Warentest" label on the packaging anymore.

Close.

0 112
 04-25-2012, 05:33 AM
User Info
I have found several Palmolive sticks during my trip to England last year, both with the new and the old package. And personally, I found no differences whatsoever between the two of them.Smile

2 5,532
 04-25-2012, 05:36 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(04-24-2012, 11:15 PM)infabo Wrote: There is absolutely no difference between these sticks.

You see the "Stiftung Warentest" label? Stiftung Warentest is the leading German consumer safety group. The Palmolive stick received a rating of "2,2" back in 2004.

"Stiftung Warentest" says:
Quote:Since publication of the test itself, the product must not be changed in the characteristics tested.

Otherwise (in case of a reformulation) Palmolive would not be allowed to print the "Stiftung Warentest" label on the packaging anymore.

Close.

I haven't talked about any reformulation here,since the ingredients are the same in both sticks.Im just talking about different performance,one providing a slicker lather than the other,and also not suffering from dry skin after the shave when I use the "new one".
So for you are the same,or you have experiences the same results with both sticks,but I clearly haven't and this is why Im asking.

86 7,124
 04-25-2012, 05:39 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(04-25-2012, 05:33 AM)oversaturn Wrote: I have found several Palmolive sticks during my trip to England last year, both with the new and the old package. And personally, I found no differences whatsoever between the two of them.Smile

Then it must be the Muhle silvertip fibre brush,which is making the difference.
Today's shave with this new packaging stick and the Muhle was excellent once again.

86 7,124
 11-04-2012, 09:26 AM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
I have several sticks of the older version.

3 2,562
 11-19-2012, 04:39 AM
User Info
I just bought 1 stick.I used the Palmolive Cream a few times.The cream was not bad at all.The smell is nice.Ingrediants are the same i think (stick and cream).

Now the stick is for use when i´m travelling.Biggrin

0 271
 11-19-2012, 05:58 AM
User Info
Interesting observation Tieste. I'm glad that the new packaging Palmolive stick works well for you.

For me, the old Palmolive stick is phenomenal soap. I haven't tried the new packaging but it seemed that the concensus on the various boards was mostly that the soaps were the same.

I'll be doing a soap order over the next few months and plan on picking up some more of the Palmolive, so will have to try the new packaging.

3 452
 11-19-2012, 06:45 AM
User Info
I have used the old packaging and currently have the new. If there is a difference I don't see it. An excellent stick at a bargain price here in the UK.

31 4,957
 11-19-2012, 06:52 AM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
It's a bargain price anywhere honestly (but better in the UK) and is one of my favorites as well. Palmolive is such a good line of products (Menthol, Classic, Lemon, and sticks)

116 3,804
 11-19-2012, 11:12 AM
User Info
I havn´t found the Menthol and Lemon line here in Germany.In every discounter i had looked is always the classic.Either as stick or as cream...

Would like to have both.Lemon and Menthol.Is it comparable with Proraso?

0 271
 11-19-2012, 11:18 AM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
The Menthol is a bit stronger than Proraso (and is from Italy) and the Lemon is from India.

116 3,804
 11-20-2012, 12:26 AM
User Info
Oh,i have to seach in web for it.Seems to be interesting.And the menthol is a bit stronger than Proraso?Whoohoo...For me the Proraso is still strong...Biggrin

Hmmm...Searched here and in the web.I had no luck!!!Seems to be selled only in Italy.So i have to ask my best girlfriend who is Italian if she has any connections in Italy to buy this cream...Biggrin

0 271