11-26-2013, 03:45 PM
User Info
These are just some overall shots which don't really do any of the razors justice as I tend to think there are some really special pieces in here but how do I present each piece on it's own?
So here is part of my collection. A couple of overall pics and a few closer ups.

[Image: JiaMvha.jpg]

[Image: 4kTgFRe.jpg]

[Image: awf2HFn.jpg]

[Image: G0WUNEf.jpg]

[Image: 7rVCIBr.jpg]

[Image: EYWpQic.jpg]

[Image: dpnUzk4.jpg]

[Image: mONdws2.jpg]

And some more. I'm not showing all my DE collection either.

I'm not showing here my DE collection. Only a few of my Ivories are shown here which should be around 24 or so. Most of my W&Bs are here with some missing and some needing resto. Somewhere around 30 +. Not all my framebacks nor my collection of Swedish razors.

[Image: lDbyFLx.jpg]

[Image: iYHPsGs.jpg]

[Image: KbyRtqj.jpg]

[Image: Y7D5ZTf.jpg]

[Image: DdSl3V6.jpg]

[Image: LUarV66.jpg]

[Image: mIgaGrq.jpg]

[Image: ReIqguA.jpg]

[Image: PAcgfx4.jpg]

Some neglected ones I have to get to once I finish up clients blades.... Yeah , shure!

[Image: vvNPJrO.jpg]

But I threw in my one of my other 7 day sets and some of my Wosty's (10 or so , 7 being pipe razors)[Image: yV4QuNN.jpg]

[Image: MxSljSF.jpg]

[Image: ZsGUSlh.jpg]

[Image: cK9h2f8.jpg]

[Image: 3hDneA1.jpg]

[Image: T1bNV92.jpg]

[Image: 10Sh6gz.jpg]

0 772
 11-26-2013, 04:31 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
What an amazing collection, thank-you so much for sharing.

You have many quite exquisite and rather unique pieces, from carved ivory to aquatic theme and everything in between.

One that really caught my eye was the beautiful "cameo" style scales...

[Image: fPLpBs9.png]

To think many of these items were in such poor condition, but you've restored them to (and likely beyond) their former glory...

91 17,883
 11-26-2013, 04:35 PM
User Info
how many straight razors would you estimate you have?

40 5,830
 11-26-2013, 04:49 PM
User Info
Thanks guys but as I said many of the pieces aren't given their fair showing let alone many of them are missing from these photos.
I do like the fancy scales. Now my objective is to carve them in ivory as well as scrimshaw some pieces.
And like I also said this doesn't show the assorted memorabilia I have such as counter displays of blades, my DE collection which is quite extensive and other items.

0 772
 11-26-2013, 04:59 PM
  • Deuce
  • Just a guy
  • Cave Creek
User Info
Very impressive. Such creative beauty these past artists have left us to admire. Which is your favorite to shave with?

19 700
 11-26-2013, 05:07 PM
  • Hanzo
  • Oakland, California
User Info
Astonishing collection of shaving gear!

15 541
 11-26-2013, 06:09 PM
User Info
Beautiful collection, Mark!
I am so glad I don't use straights! I would be desperate to try a few and would have a difficult just time looking at them all! Biggrin

75 20,884
 11-26-2013, 06:10 PM
User Info
I like the green scaled 7 day set, but can't catch the name.

21 1,479
 11-26-2013, 06:59 PM
User Info
Thanks guys,
The green 7 day set is a Ditzer gold, Solingen.Never seen a hone.
My favorite??? All of them at one time or another. I usually have a fist full, or several clients blades any time I shave.
And as I said MANY

Thanks guys,
The green 7 day set is a Ditzer gold, Solingen.Never seen a hone.
My favorite??? All of them at one time or another. I usually have a fist full, or several clients blades any time I shave.
And as I said MANY are not shown here as I just grabbed some photos.
Not into straights Celistino? How about DEs or Single edge? Here's a few more shots, covered tangs etc. and some memorabilia.
I think I have all the Gems made, all but the Alligator Rolls Razor, Kampfe stars, most of the pocket Gillettes, Rhodiums, Double/single rings, 5 FB's, 7 slims, rockets, SS's etc. ( not a toggle though !) Army , a rare Navy set and many other unique pieces not often seen. And I think I have all the Auto Strops made several never opened.
The Fold a Brush is an example. Plus there are more counter displays, blade sets, etc. Not counting the brushes,, guess it's obvious, I like shaving stuff. And yet, not everything is photographed.
And remember, you asked !

[Image: 9iusUKF.jpg]

[Image: sFLFEbN.jpg]

[Image: AnNVyEL.jpg]

[Image: nvWL45D.jpg]

[Image: fsIrt1R.jpg]

[Image: XtNXM76.jpg]

[Image: bolxHpc.jpg]

[Image: pXUjW4O.jpg]

[Image: rqTiJMr.jpg]

0 772
 11-26-2013, 08:17 PM
  • CRAusmus
  • Going from Texas to Georgia
User Info
I don't even know what to say other than Wow..

I can just sit and stare at these images. What a collection. When my wife talks about my, humble, collection; I'm gonna show her yours...LOL..

14 1,177
 11-26-2013, 08:37 PM
User Info
I see the two 7 day sets, the Ditzer Gold and the British "To the Queen"set. An open blade close up of each would be nice.

I have only one complete 7 day Solingen German Souvenir set and two 6 of 7 day sets. Do you have others to show?

21 1,479
 11-26-2013, 09:21 PM
User Info
Still not enough pictures?
Jeez!

I showed these to my wife, scrolled through and she just started laughing at me and said " Why are you showing me these?"
I dunno,, just stupid I guess.
Anyway, the one set of Drew Ivories is a complete set. Same for the Ditzer Golds.Don't think either has ever been used to tell the truth.
The other has several Rogers , " Cutlers to their Majesties" in it but it's not a complete set and I don't think I have much chance of finding them at this point so I just started filling it up with my leftover Ivories. Even so there are some fine blades in there.
Hey, I missed the Bostonians, Aristocrats, and a bunch of other stuff.
One day I do have to catalog everything but it keeps on growing.

[Image: 2leoGf9.jpg]

[Image: 4Pq12jj.jpg]

[Image: kAmTVvC.jpg]

[Image: QPu7tlg.jpg]

[Image: Wh10hAA.jpg]

[Image: 35VtPdM.jpg]

0 772
 11-26-2013, 10:33 PM
User Info
Thanks for the 7 day set photos.

21 1,479
 11-26-2013, 10:46 PM