11-26-2013, 07:09 PM
  • Teddyboy
  • Guilty, with an explanation
  • NYC
User Info
I would like to say "thanks" to Nookians in the uniformed armed services by sending them a homemade blade sampler.

I will prepare five blade samplers of 25-30 blades each, one for each of the first five PMs I get from a member of our armed services deployed abroad. If you PM me, and don't get a return-PM, it means that you were not among the first five. I apologize in advance if anyone is left out.

Do not forget to include your somewhat odd military address. I will try and get it to you well in advance of the holiday season.

Hope you like it...and please be careful out there.

1 744
 11-27-2013, 01:44 PM
User Info
As an old soldier (20 years), this sort of thing does my heart good.

You Sir, are a true gent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

0 87
 11-27-2013, 01:56 PM
  • Coyote
  • Hondo, TX USA
User Info
Well done Ted! I had a meeting today in Hondo, Texas with a woman whose husband has been in the Army for 19 years and is on his fourth war zone deployment, currently in Afghanistan. He will be home December 9th to stay this time. I have been thinking about both his service and his families service on and off all day.

Thanks for doing this!

4 2,383
 11-28-2013, 08:31 AM
User Info
Great PIF Ted. It's easy to forget that we owe our freedom and way of life to the men and women who serve in our military.

37 2,969
 11-28-2013, 08:48 AM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
Things like this really make a big difference, you can't believe what even the smallest of things means to someone who is away for a very long time from his family and friends in a stressful situation. I did the same thing with pipe tobacco and tobacco snuff and it was always very much appreciated.

27 1,297