11-27-2013, 10:58 AM
  • davizera
  • Non Dvcor Dvco
  • São Paulo - Brazil
User Info
A while ago, Scott, AKA Captain Capsize, posted this PIF: http://shavenook.com/thread-free-lather-bowl

The PIF was for the prototype of his new lather bowl. I loved it, I thought it was gorgeous, and minimalistic as I like. I promptly answered it, 15 minutes after the post, sending my address to him. As I live in Israel and I know how expensive shipping costs can get, I wrote him that I would understand if he'd like to keep the PIF CONUS only, and I wouldn't mind if he wouldn't be able to send me, as this was only a kind gesture of his. Shy

After some minutes, he replied back to me, apologizing in every possible way (as if it was needed), that he forgot to write in the PIF that it was CONUS only, and it broke his heart when he saw that I was the first one. I replied him that it was no problem, I was expecting it, as I had written in the first PM.

We continued exchanging a couple of messages, and in those few messages I could realize what a gentleman, and a kind soul, Scott is. If people were 10% of the gentleman that he is, the world would be a much better place.

Back to yesterday. I was expecting a package from the US, but in my mail box there were 2 messages for me to pick up things at the post office. I wasn’t expecting 2 packages, only 1. I checked the tracking numbers, one I could recognize, but not the second one. I went to the USPS website to check where it came from, and it showed: Illinois. I didn't buy anything from Illinois.

This morning, on my way to work, I stopped at the post office to pick up the goods. The mailman brought 2 boxes, a small and a bigger one, placed them in front of me and suddenly, I couldn't believe what I read in the big box sender's label: Captain's Choice Products, Inc. It took me some seconds to understand what it was. When it came to me, a huge smile opened up in my face. Biggrin

How could he do it? And why did he do it? Scott sent me a lather bowl as a surprise. This wasn’t a PIF, he doesn’t know me. We only exchanged a couple of nice messages. What a kind gesture! What a kind man! Whenever we see bad people on the streets and on the news, people like Scott appear to remind us that there are still a lot of good people in the world.

Guys, take a look at his Thanksgiving/Christmas/Hanukkah present to me, and the message that he wrote. Please remember that I'm a terrible photographer.

[Image: TaMWFkwl.jpg]

[Image: 7XIpS6Dl.jpg]

[Image: QZadVBml.jpg]

And as kindness only can bring kindness, I'm doing a PIF on his honor. I'm PIFing my old lather bowl, an ordinary, but beautiful one that I got myself here in Israel. It's open to people from all over the world.

[Image: S8S46yrl.jpg]

For you to participate you only need to do 2 things:

- Reply with the magic words: I'm in!
- Promise that in your future purchases, if you have the means, you'll buy Captain’s Choice products (tell me who is not eager to try the new RazoRock for Captain's Choice bay rum shave soap).

This PIF will go until Sunday, Dec. 1st 23:59h GMT.

One more time, as it’s never enough, thank you very much Scott for your kindness. ThumbupThumbup

2 242
 11-27-2013, 11:00 AM
User Info
I'm not in, but nice PIF.

184 12,003
 11-27-2013, 11:18 AM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
Nice PIF, nice heartwarming story Smile
I like the Israeli bowl, but I am sure the shipping will cost more than the bowl itself, NOT in.

88 4,233
 11-27-2013, 11:54 AM
  • Coyote
  • Hondo, TX USA
User Info
Not in, but two great gestures!!

4 2,379
 11-27-2013, 11:56 AM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Not in, but thank you for sharing this wonderful story!

102 17,668
 11-27-2013, 12:15 PM
  • slr31
  • Garden City, India
User Info
Not in! Thanks for the story and the generous PIF. Love reading stories like these. Smile

64 529
 11-27-2013, 02:27 PM
  • Lradke
  • Edmonton, Alberta
User Info
That's a great story and a beautiful bowl, on both counts!

I'll join in on this one. I'm in! And yes I promise to buy the Captains products. I have some of his aftershaves, and will always have them in my den!

Thank you for this opportunity.

1 608
 11-27-2013, 02:36 PM
User Info
Wonderful story. Two true gentlemen.

Not in, but I am glad you shared.

6 358
 11-27-2013, 06:01 PM
User Info
.....nice to see these type of things happen within the shaving community............

39 1,054
 11-29-2013, 09:19 AM
User Info
I'm not in but this is an amazing story. Scott is a great guy. This time last year some of us here at TSN organized a drive to collect shaving gear to send for Christmas to our soldiers deployed in Afghanistan. Scott was one of the first to contribute, sending 20 sample vials of his Bay Rum aftershave. He deserves all the success he gets.

37 2,955
 11-29-2013, 10:37 AM
  • davizera
  • Non Dvcor Dvco
  • São Paulo - Brazil
User Info
It seems that my old bowl is not beautiful in anybodys eyes besides Luke's Sad

Again, Scott deserves all the success he gets and even more. Smile

2 242
 11-29-2013, 10:39 AM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
I find it very beautiful, don't get discouraged, let it run Wink

88 4,233
 11-29-2013, 12:01 PM
User Info
A heartwarming story indeed! Beautiful looking lather bowl, but I only ever face lather, so I'm out :-)

...sent from mobile device...

37 403
 11-29-2013, 04:00 PM
User Info
Scott is a great guy with great products.
Count me in please.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 2

0 761
 12-02-2013, 01:23 AM
  • davizera
  • Non Dvcor Dvco
  • São Paulo - Brazil
User Info
We only got 2 people in.

So it was a heads/tails draw.

Luke got heads
EJaggerMan got tails

The winner is: TAILS!

EJaggerMan, I'll PM you for your address. Congrats! Biggrin

2 242
 12-02-2013, 05:51 AM
User Info
Thanks so much. What a great Xmas present, can't wait to get it, and many thanks for the pif.

0 761
 12-19-2013, 02:18 PM
User Info
The bowl arrived today. Very cool! Many thanks to David. [Image: 9e7enenu.jpg]

[Image: yjetaze3.jpg]

0 761
 12-19-2013, 07:18 PM
  • Triad
  • Triad Razor Handles