11-27-2013, 05:25 PM
  • Sanch
  • Tennessee
User Info
ok so after reading a couple posts I decided to try and mix up A witchhazel AS and to my surprise it very nice scent used Old Spice wolfthorn 13 spritz in a 100ml (pocket rocket)JD bottle, filled to just the bottom of neck with walyworld brand witchhazel added 12 drops of glycerine, and 13 drops of vitamin E oil then topped off with 90% iso alchohol...no sting, no burn just scent, mostureizing goodness I wanted to add some aloe but could not source it out, but I love the stuff!

2 253
 11-27-2013, 05:36 PM
User Info
(11-27-2013, 05:25 PM)Sanch Wrote: ok so after reading a couple posts I decided to try and mix up A witchhazel AS and to my surprise it very nice scent used Old Spice wolfthorn 13 spritz in a 100ml (pocket rocket)JD bottle, filled to just the bottom of neck with walyworld brand witchhazel added 12 drops of glycerine, and 13 drops of vitamin E oil then topped off with 90% iso alchohol...no sting, no burn just scent, mostureizing goodness I wanted to add some aloe but could not source it out, but I love the stuff!

Feels good to roll your own, doesn't it! For Aloe look in a place like Whole Foods Market. I use an Aloe Vera juice as opposed to a gel because I thought it would mix up better.

0 836
 11-27-2013, 06:37 PM
  • Sanch
  • Tennessee
User Info
how did the juice work ?

2 253
 11-27-2013, 06:43 PM
User Info
It works great! It mixes well with all the other liquids. I do shake up the bottle vigorously each time I use it though.

My ratios area bit different than yours. I fill up a 2 oz bottle so I can change the scent frequently. In the 2 oz bottle I put in, roughly:

7/8 oz witchhazel
7/8 oz rum or vodka
6 to 10 drops glycerin
several squirts of EdC or EdT.
Top off with aloe vera juice.

As I use it, I usually add more scent until it gets to the level I like. I don't want to start off with too much and have to water it down. I just eyeball the quantities.

0 836