11-28-2013, 12:08 PM
User Info
I am trying to insert a picture from my library (pictures). How do I go about it. They ask for some sort of remote UDL.
What the $ell are they talking about? With Badger and Blade its very simple, go into my pictures and select the one I want and add it to a new thread I was going to post.

0 10
 11-28-2013, 12:13 PM
User Info
It's time you used a file hosting site. Imgur is the most trouble free. You don't need an account. imgur.com

You can add an extension to your browser to right click on any image on the web and rehost it.

Then you just put the url for your imgur image between [IMG] tags in your post. Or use the little thing that looks like a picture on the post menu, and put the url of the picture in the box.

Uploading pics is kind of old school, and it wouldn't surprise me to see B&B have problems in the future and change their practice. What SN does is much more common, and actually works better.

So to be more explicit -- go to imgur.com. Click "upload image." Choose from your computer. Once it's uploaded, grab that url and use it in your post here.

You can speed all those steps up with extensions and bookmarks once you understand the basic concept of what you are doing.

0 303
 11-28-2013, 07:27 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
When you reply to a thread you have this box with a toolbar.

[Image: 6t0HLbO.png]

Click on the black box with the white i, and then select the photo from your computer that you want to upload. You may have to click the magnifying glass on this image to see what I am talking about.

45 16,358
 11-29-2013, 06:58 AM
User Info
(11-28-2013, 07:27 PM)bullgoose Wrote: When you reply to a thread you have this box with a toolbar.

[Image: 6t0HLbO.png]

Click on the black box with the white i, and then select the photo from your computer that you want to upload. You may have to click the magnifying glass on this image to see what I am talking about.
I do NOT see a toolbar.

0 10
 11-29-2013, 07:24 AM
User Info
Look at the little band of items just above the rectangle where you type your posts. He's talking about that. The imgur choice is the little black square with a letter "i" in it.

[Image: Wwuh7f2.png]

0 303
 11-29-2013, 11:28 AM
User Info
you can also create your own personal gallery: http://shavenook.com/thread-photo-gallery-added

40 5,830