11-30-2013, 07:39 AM
User Info
I think we gents need to do a better job of making our presence known on Pinterest. The last stat I saw stated that 80% of Pinterest users are women.

I had little understanding or um...interest in Pinterest until a while after my wife started using it. But after poking around a bit, I found some pretty cool boards including grooming tools, barber shops, everyday carry, and travel.

Here's a link to our board if you'd like to check it out:

http://www.pinterest.com/gilberthenryco/

0 57
 11-30-2013, 02:38 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
(11-30-2013, 07:39 AM)GilbertHenry Wrote: I think we gents need to do a better job of making our presence known on Pinterest. The last stat I saw stated that 80% of Pinterest users are women.

I had little understanding or um...interest in Pinterest until a while after my wife started using it. But after poking around a bit, I found some pretty cool boards including grooming tools, barber shops, everyday carry, and travel.

Here's a link to our board if you'd like to check it out:

http://www.pinterest.com/gilberthenryco/

I'm really not surprised. What a piece of useless claptrap. My cousin couldn't stop raving about it and she showed me on her laptop. When I got home I signed up but it is impossible for me to find anything of interest and I haven't yet figured out how to eliminate it from my computer. All I get are e-mails from them letting me know how wonderful the site is. Um, no it isn't and I want out.

2 11,211
 11-30-2013, 02:50 PM
  • CRAusmus
  • Going from Texas to Georgia
User Info
I'm on Pinterest. As a graphic designer, its an extremely valuable resource. I use it for tracking design and color trends, inspiration and ideas, package designs, etc. Just about anything you can think of really.

14 1,177
 11-30-2013, 04:03 PM
User Info
I'll pass. Pinterest is NOT for me.

6 358
 11-30-2013, 04:37 PM
User Info
I tried it out, but it has no use for me. However, it meets the needs of a lot of people.

I try to keep an open mind about these things: after all, my wife cannot understand why I spend so much time on shaving forums or bike forums. Biggrin

Pintrest, Tumblr, Instagram.......they serve no purpose in my life, but they mean a lot to other people. Hey, have at it if it makes you happy.

37 1,731
 11-30-2013, 04:44 PM
User Info
I think Pinterest fulfilled a need for people who had been heretofore unable to discover all the wonderful content that's out there on the web. Having their friends pin images in front of their eyes helps them see that there's content there.

But if you're a power user of RSS feeds, blog following, using Twitter to receive pushed content, message boards like this one . . . . Pinterest is a bit of a fluffball that is ill-organized to actually help you find things in a systematic way. Good for just a "dashboard" of interesting images and trends.

0 303
 11-30-2013, 04:47 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
(11-30-2013, 04:37 PM)yohannrjm Wrote: I tried it out, but it has no use for me. However, it meets the needs of a lot of people.

I try to keep an open mind about these things: after all, my wife cannot understand why I spend so much time on shaving forums or bike forums. Biggrin

Pintrest, Tumblr, Instagram.......they serve no purpose in my life, but they mean a lot to other people. Hey, have at it if it makes you happy.

I absolutely agree with you, Yohann. That is why I specifically stated that is impossible for me to find anything of interest. That site just isn't for me but obviously appeals to many others. To those who enjoy, you stated it best, "Have at it." Wink

2 11,211
 11-30-2013, 07:35 PM
User Info
Like I said...I didn't find anything of interest at first either. Then my wife showed me a few boards that I liked, that led to a few more, and so on. Don't get me wrong...I don't spend nearly as much time on it as she does, but I do browse for a few minutes each day and usually come across a few things of interest. I also find that it often does a better job of showing me what I'm looking for than a google image search.

0 57
 11-30-2013, 08:18 PM
User Info
It has its purpose Tongue: Pinterest

0 16