12-03-2013, 02:27 PM
User Info
Global Call for Christmas lunch with Mr Miquel Ricou Sole (Myrsol)

[Image: Sr%2520Miquel%25202%25203.jpg]

Friends , if you want to meet with Mr Miquel , hear his stories , with the humor that characterizes him, and share a Christmas meal with him, do not hesitate to attend.

Date and Time:
14.DEC.2013 A lunchtime (Spanish time).
Duration: The time to eat and have a great time . I estimate about three hours.

Paseo Maragall, 375
08032 Barcelona (SPAIN)
http://www.rcasanavarros.com/
Line bus: 19 and 45
Metro : Get off at Horta or Vilapicina

Menu:
For adults 30 EUR . View Image .
Special children 17 EUR .
Prices include VAT . Strictly the amount charged by the restaurant.
NOTE: I have chosen the cheaper menu for not to complicate. There is another at 39 EUR, but I think there will be more days this Christmas for us to eat with our families, and we are all perfectly nourished, for sure. What matters is the meeting, not the menu.

[Image: menu.jpg]

Instructions:
You can come with your family if you wish .
We think of a group of at least 10 or 12 people, plus the host family.
Need to book the restaurant (Carles, from Myrsol, will do it) on 09.DEC.2013 , so for enrollment you must do the following:
Private message me, detailing the number of adults and number of children, and the total payment to a bank account of "la Caixa" that I will tell you. The account is from Myrsol, but if you can not send the money, I can give you my Paypal, and I will transfer the money to them (but I have no interest in managing money, I do it for making it easy for you)
I hope you may understand about the advanced payment, but it is the way to avoid surprises later , with the reserved restaurant. We must make it easy for me and Myrsol , and this is the best and most expeditious way.
Date Limit to register and pay. 08.DIC.2013 Sunday at 23:59 spanish hour.
With attendees list, on Monday 09.DIC.2013 will be booking the restaurant. If we are not a minimum number of people, and finally decided not to organise the meeting, your money will be refunded asap.
Last thing: Indispensable good appetite , cheerfulness and good humor.
Ah , there's a thing more, but we will talk privately.

1 1,428
 12-03-2013, 04:15 PM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Ah, Juan ... it's times like this that I wished I lived in Barcelona!

It sounds like a wonderful idea, this special get together with Mr. Miquel and family.
Please convey my best regards, and I do hope to meet you all sometime soon.

Ravi

102 17,664
 12-03-2013, 05:03 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
What a fantastic opportunity. If I lived a little closer, my family and I would be there for sure!

91 17,817
 12-03-2013, 05:55 PM
  • Deuce
  • Just a guy
  • Cave Creek
User Info
Please extend our best wishes to Mr Miquel

19 700
 12-03-2013, 07:20 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
Sounds like fun! I wish that I lived closer.

45 16,293
 12-03-2013, 07:43 PM
User Info
Juan, I hope you all have a great time! Biggrin

75 20,883
 12-04-2013, 02:04 AM
User Info
Sounds like a great time! Please let us all know how it turns out!

0 68
 12-04-2013, 01:18 PM
User Info
(12-03-2013, 04:15 PM)Agravic Wrote: Ah, Juan ... it's times like this that I wished I lived in Barcelona!

It sounds like a wonderful idea, this special get together with Mr. Miquel and family.
Please convey my best regards, and I do hope to meet you all sometime soon.

Ravi

I'll do on behalf of you! Thanks Ravi!

(12-03-2013, 05:03 PM)ben74 Wrote: What a fantastic opportunity. If I lived a little closer, my family and I would be there for sure!

Sure! I would be delighted to meet you, my friend!

(12-03-2013, 05:55 PM)Deuce Wrote: Please extend our best wishes to Mr Miquel

I'll do! Thanks!

(12-03-2013, 07:20 PM)bullgoose Wrote: Sounds like fun! I wish that I lived closer.

Take a plane, my friend! I'll go to airport to receive you!

(12-03-2013, 07:43 PM)celestino Wrote: Juan, I hope you all have a great time! Biggrin

Sure! Thanks friend.

(12-04-2013, 02:04 AM)Phillips Wrote: Sounds like a great time! Please let us all know how it turns out!

Of course! Thanks!

1 1,428
 12-05-2013, 03:54 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Ah, Juan, after having the pleasure of visiting the incredible Barcelona in September it is all the more painful that I cannot attend. Have a wonderful time and do let us know how it went.

2 11,211
 12-05-2013, 04:34 PM
User Info
Friend, you should have contacted me! This summer a swedish friend from the english forum, came to Barcelona, and we went with Manuel (Jabonman) to lunch spanish tapas, and after to meet Mr Miquel and his family, at Myrsol! Another time, please, call me. I will be delighted.

1 1,428
 12-11-2013, 11:18 AM
User Info
Friends, everything is in place. Lunch will be on Saturday December 14, 2013 at 2 pm CET (Spanish time). We will be 12 diners plus the host family. Enough people for Mr Miquel to feel honoree, yet not too much people, for him to feel comfortable and among friends, and all of us to hear their stories.

If you want to convey to him a single message from the members of this forum, and you write it, do it here and I'll be happy to read it translated at the appropriate time during lunch. There will be a time for lunch, for laugh, and also for speeches and toasts.

1 1,428
 12-14-2013, 05:02 PM
User Info
It was a great day, surrounded by friends and a great family, I truly believe it is an unforgettable day, to thank Juan for having mounted this meeting and deserved tribute to Mr. Miquel, I feel lucky to have been one of those present.

0 77
 12-15-2013, 08:50 AM
  • TheMonk
  • Super Moderator
  • Porto, Portugal
User Info
I was in Barcelona just last week... I'm sorry I missed this lunch. I did have a chance to drink a couple of cervezas with Manuel (Jabonman), though! Great guy, very nice and extremely interesting to talk to.

25 4,635
 12-15-2013, 12:21 PM
User Info
What a shame that would not have been this week, I assure you that you had gone great, great atmosphere with wonderful people and the great family of Mr. Miquel

0 77
 12-15-2013, 12:28 PM
User Info
Hello friends.

Yesterday, December 14, 2013 , in Barcelona we had a temperature of 16 ° C (61 º Fahrenheit) at noon. Great weather .
I arrived at the restaurant at the appointed time (14 hours GMT) and there we find all the people (at the end we were 17 people ). Gosh, you are very handsome people! And clean shaven .
The lunch was relaxed and friendly. The restaurant was a bit noisy. If another occasion, I'll look for a restaurant with a private room where you can converse in better condition.
The lunch was nice and at the time of the desserts, I proceeded to read a few posts of the shaving forums to Mr Miquel, a friend read a speech and another present him a tribute plaque. What a great time ! What a great toast! Viva Mr Miquel, Viva!
After leaving the restaurant at 18 pm , Mr Miquel retired home, and a large group headed to the nearest bar Quimet d' Horta with Carles , Encarna and Manel, to drink some coffee and a few more drinks . Up to 21 hours or so already we left the bar, we said goodbye and we dispersed .

Yesterday was a very special day, a lot. Really special to me. But that's not important. The important thing is that it was for the family Ricou, and Mr. Miquel. We saw how Carles was excited, he's an expressive and sentimental man. Mr. Miquel, a strong man who has lived many experiences, was in his element. Happy. But when I sat next to him after the desserts, and the delivery of the tribute plaque, he told me that he was not expecting. Not at all he was expecting that tribute. Manel and Encarna were delighted, we could see at the brightness of their eyes.

This lunch was born of a crazy idea, and evidently was possible because Mr Miquel agreed, but it had also not been possible without your indispensable assistance and your help. Thank you all for coming, for using a day of your life on it. some people were displaced for more than 100 km to come, and that is welcome.

Thanks for participating.

Thanks to all you left messages on the forums. I read them before the speech and delivering of the tribute plaque . Posts coming , among other places, from Montreal , New York , Michigan, Seattle, Pennsylvania, Perth , Chicago, Redondo Beach , Vancouver, San Diego , Torquay , London , Val d' Oise , Yvelines , Córdoba , Huelva , Navarra , Almansa. He listened intently and applauded some, especially those who wished him health and long life .

Thanks to Eastwood for writing the speech. That speech so well writen that Proyet read, despite the noise and difficulties. Thanks to Proyet for doing it. Thanks to Garrapatero for agreeing to do delivery of the plaque. He did it great. Thanks Proyet's wife to come to the meeting despite that Encarna and her were the only two women. Thanks to Cimarron, Eastwood and Pulidor for the good conversation during the lunch. Thanks to Gizmo , WakeUp , Zoroastro, and Jabonman by sympathy and bonhomie . Thanks to Pohj for coming at the last moment , leaving his wife at home in late pregnancy . And thanks to Izanur, our official photographer, with that exquisite tact with people who did not want to appear in the photos.

Thank to Encarna, Carles and Manel by the organization with the restaurant, and gifts of Myrsol products. And not only for our gifts, but also gifts for our wives and girlfriends.

Sincere thanks. It's nice to organize events with these attendees! That's all very easy! I love you guys!

I post some pics taken by Izanur.

[Image: 02.jpg]

[Image: 03.jpg]

[Image: 06.jpg]

[Image: 19.jpg]

[Image: 20.jpg]

[Image: 21.jpg]

[Image: 22.jpg]

[Image: 24.jpg]

[Image: 25.jpg]

[Image: 04.jpg]

[Image: 05.jpg]

[Image: 08.jpg]

[Image: 15.jpg]

[Image: 16.jpg]

[Image: 17.jpg]

[Image: 23.jpg]

And now some pictures taken for me

The tribute plaque

[Image: Imagen%2520555.jpg]

[Image: Imagen%2520556.jpg]

[Image: Imagen%2520557.jpg]

[Image: Placa%2520Sr%2520Miquel.jpg]

The group

[Image: Imagen%2520559.jpg]

[Image: Imagen%2520560.jpg]

And my gift. I encourage you to add yours.

[Image: Imagen%2520561.jpg]

1 1,428
 12-15-2013, 12:53 PM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Wonderful, Juan ... it looks like everyone enjoyed the memorable event!
Thank you for sharing the photos, too ... I truly wish I could have been there personally, to share in the celebration.

102 17,664
 12-16-2013, 11:16 AM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Juan, thank you so much for sharing these photographs. It was the next best thing to actually being there.

2 11,211
 12-16-2013, 11:50 AM
User Info
Juan, hermosa fotos, mi amigo!
It looks like all of you had a great time!
Where are you in the photos?! Biggrin
Thanks for sharing!

75 20,883
 12-16-2013, 12:06 PM
User Info
Ah, friend! I'm not in any pic. I'm a misterious guy. I think you can see my hand at the toast pic, but only my hand and the glass of cava.

1 1,428
 12-16-2013, 01:58 PM
  • TheMonk
  • Super Moderator
  • Porto, Portugal
User Info
Very nice pics, now I regret even more not being able to make it!

Thanks for sharing, Juan!

Cheers.

25 4,635