12-05-2013, 11:04 AM
User Info
Anyone heard of or used this soap. I know it is vintage and that's all I know except that I have some coming to me.

Any info would be appreciated.

4 952
 12-05-2013, 11:52 AM
User Info
Did you win the 4 (maybe 5) pucks on Ebay? If so, I bid on that as well but quit bidding when I won an earlier auction from the same seller.

I'm be very interested in seeing if the sealed bowl has a puck the same shape as the others. Right now, i don't think that the pucks are Renleigh. The auction I won came with a metal bowl that doubles as an ashtray when the soap is gone. Using Google search, I found a few other examples of this bowl and where you can see the original puck, it has the Renleigh name impressed into the top.

The pucks that we got have no markings and the pucks are too small to fit the bowl well. They weigh in around 80 gms, are definitely vintage, and my first test lather, while not great, gave me something I could use and will only get better with use and rehydration. The only smell I could detect was a mustiness, not unlike vintage Williams.

Here's the lather I was able to work up, with no soaking of the puck, though I did wash off the puck immediately prior to loading. Airy but useable

[Image: 11225875014_7760539df2.jpg]

0 836
 12-06-2013, 10:18 AM
User Info
Yup, I won these off ebay. I know that the pucks will have to rehydrated to get good use out of. Shouldn't be a problem though.

Got them mostly cuz I thought the wooden bowl was cool and would look good in my small shaving gear collection. Just had never heard of this company and was/am curious.

Thanks for the info

4 952