12-06-2013, 11:05 AM
User Info
Hey, gentlemen, just a quick question: Does anybody know whether Joe or RazoRock have any plans to re-release this soap? I never purchased a puck because I didn't like the name at all.

However, recently I acquired a small amount of it in trade with another member, and I used it this morning and loved it. I understand that it is no longer in production.

It seems like it was a popular soap. That's why I was wondering whether they might bring it back? I have no way of proving this, but I think the soap might've sold better if it had a less polarizing name. Maybe Joe could bring it back, but re-think the naming???

1 1,107
 12-06-2013, 11:26 AM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
My understanding - no. It was a LE because of limited mud supply Biggrin
I like the name and love the soap!

88 4,233
 12-06-2013, 11:33 AM
User Info
(12-06-2013, 11:26 AM)beartrap Wrote: My understanding - no. It was a LE because of limited mud supply Biggrin

ARRRRGH! We need more MUD!!

1 1,107
 12-06-2013, 02:46 PM
User Info
(12-06-2013, 11:05 AM)kingfisher Wrote: Hey, gentlemen, just a quick question: Does anybody know whether Joe or RazoRock have any plans to re-release this soap? I never purchased a puck because I didn't like the name at all.

However, recently I acquired a small amount of it in trade with another member, and I used it this morning and loved it. I understand that it is no longer in production.

It seems like it was a popular soap. That's why I was wondering whether they might bring it back? I have no way of proving this, but I think the soap might've sold better if it had a less polarizing name. Maybe Joe could bring it back, but re-think the naming???
It was an amazing soap. Joe is "pondering" whether to bring it back. Maybe we should coax him a little. See:

http://shavenook.com/thread-mudder-focker-xx-and-xxx

0 113
 12-06-2013, 04:15 PM
User Info
It was a limited run of 500 units... sold out in a few months but we never sold it wholesale because of the grief we got about the name.

I probably won't bring it back, frankly, I got tired of reading emails about how I offended people with my name selection.

In my opinion, it was the best soap I ever used... even the artisan that made it (same guy from P.160 fame) told me he couldn't believe the performance. He promised me it would never be produced again with his hands unless he was making it for me, because the idea behind the formula was dreamed up by me on a trip to Tuscany.

There is your answer from the horse's mouthBiggrin

3 315
 12-06-2013, 05:02 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
Joe, this name was great! It was smart and funny, not offensive at all. You can't make everybody happy all the time Wink

88 4,233
 12-06-2013, 05:11 PM
User Info
Joe, I really liked the name! Biggrin

75 20,883
 12-06-2013, 05:52 PM
User Info
I bought a used once tub of it off the BST and love the scent and performance. I use it very sparingly because I didn't know if it would see production again, now with Joe confirming it won't be I will unfortunately be using it even more sparingly.

9 90
 12-06-2013, 06:12 PM
  • Triad
  • Triad Razor Handles
  • Texas
User Info
Well Fock never got to try it!!

115 1,692
 12-06-2013, 06:28 PM
User Info
(12-06-2013, 04:15 PM)RazoRock_Joe Wrote: It was a limited run of 500 units... sold out in a few months but we never sold it wholesale because of the grief we got about the name.

I probably won't bring it back, frankly, I got tired of reading emails about how I offended people with my name selection.

In my opinion, it was the best soap I ever used... even the artisan that made it (same guy from P.160 fame) told me he couldn't believe the performance. He promised me it would never be produced again with his hands unless he was making it for me, because the idea behind the formula was dreamed up by me on a trip to Tuscany.

There is your answer from the horse's mouthBiggrin
That's a shame that we may never see it again. It is a brilliant classic and in a way, historic in all the factors that made it a great soap at a great price. I thought the name was pretty clever and hope it comes back. If not, it sadly deserves a moment of silence. I will keep the faith anyway just in case. Sad

0 113
 12-06-2013, 07:51 PM
User Info
Joe, what would it take to get the artisan to make another run of the soap? If you are tired of getting complaints about the name, perhaps the new run could be given a different name?

We could help you come up with one.

1 1,107
 12-06-2013, 08:18 PM
  • VT_Hokie
  • 2-Band Bandito
  • Charleston, SC
User Info
It's too funny that the same people that were giving Joe such a hard time about the name, calling it "stupid" saying that they "wouldn't buy it if it were the best shaving soap on the planet" and that RazoRock would fail "because the Axe demographic doesn't wetshave" are now asking Joe to bring it back with a different name to cater to their desires.

Dodgy

13 599
 12-06-2013, 08:30 PM
User Info
(12-06-2013, 08:18 PM)VT_Hokie Wrote: It's too funny that the same people that were giving Joe such a hard time about the name, calling it "stupid" saying that they "wouldn't buy it if it were the best shaving soap on the planet" and that RazoRock would fail "because the Axe demographic doesn't wetshave" are now asking Joe to bring it back with a different name to cater to their desires.

Dodgy

Biggrin

52 476
 12-06-2013, 08:59 PM
User Info
Could make a TSN LE Mudder Focker soap... Biggrin

Sell it in kilos like P.160 was.

6 229
 12-06-2013, 09:50 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
(12-06-2013, 08:18 PM)VT_Hokie Wrote: It's too funny that the same people that were giving Joe such a hard time about the name, calling it "stupid" saying that they "wouldn't buy it if it were the best shaving soap on the planet" and that RazoRock would fail "because the Axe demographic doesn't wetshave" are now asking Joe to bring it back with a different name to cater to their desires.

Dodgy

Great summation... If it ever comes back, DO NOT change that name! Well, maybe put it in the bigger jar and call it "The Great Mudder Focker" Biggrin

88 4,233
 12-06-2013, 10:17 PM
  • CRAusmus
  • Going from Texas to Georgia
User Info
Never got to try it. Heard nothing but good about it though. Never gave the name much thought, but now I'm interested in how the name came about reading Joe's response.

14 1,177
 12-06-2013, 10:31 PM
  • LORDBISHOP
  • Lover of the Wet Shaving way of Life
  • Westchester, NY
User Info
IMO Mudder Focker is in the top three best performing soap/croaps I've ever used...still have a jar on ice and I hate thinking about opening it and not having more for later in life...It is my #1 favorite for warm weather...I love the name and bought it strictly based on the laugh i got from reading the name, along with a simple recommendation to try it!!! Please bring it back in IDENTICAL form Joe, and if it has to be L/E make it a jumbo container PLEASE...Don't make me go through life without Mudder FockerAngel

Oh and please don't stop making XXX tallow either! Same with XX regular, maybe even in tallow formAngel

4 792
 12-07-2013, 06:52 AM
User Info
(12-06-2013, 05:02 PM)beartrap Wrote: Joe, this name was great! It was smart and funny, not offensive at all. You can't make everybody happy all the time Wink

Signs011

92 2,566
 12-07-2013, 09:20 AM
User Info

Dodgy

Indeed, what you describe would have been wonderfully ironic, had it actually happened. Unfortunately for your narrative, not a single part of it occurred.

In the first place, I'm not the guy (or one of the guys) who said that I wouldn't buy the soap no matter what. My position, both here and in earlier posts on another forum, was that I did not like the name, and that that fact may have played a role in my not buying the soap at the time it was released. I bought other RazoRock soaps instead. The name was only one factor; I wasn't sure what the scent was, etc.

(And by the way, I am a huge RazoRock fan. I have gone through a puck of the Artisan series Boston Tea Party, and two pucks of the LaFamiglia line, and I am currently enjoying the new XX soap.)

In the second place, I didn't ask Joe to bring the soap back with a different name. I asked him to bring the soap back, period. I only suggested that he could think about using a different name after HE commented that he got sick of all the negative e-mail he received. For the record, I never sent him any e-mail. The name was not appealing to me, but it certainly wasn't something that would make me want to take action or protest. So, because Joe said he hated all the bad e-mails, I suggested that perhaps he could change the name; I was trying to help HIM, not me.

If Joe brings the soap back, I will buy a puck of it, regardless of whether he keeps the old name or comes up with a new one. It's a good soap and I like it.

Is it the best soap ever made? I don't think so. Will my wetshaving world come crumbling down if Joe decides to never produce the soap again? Nope. Plenty of other great soaps around, many of them branded RazoRock.

Does any of that mean that I can't, or shouldn't, ask Joe to bring the soap back? I don't think so, but you're welcome to your own opinion.

1 1,107
 12-07-2013, 11:05 AM
  • Triad
  • Triad Razor Handles
  • Texas
User Info
What was the scent?

115 1,692