12-06-2013, 02:54 PM
  • TexBilly
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Austin, TX
User Info
For years, I haven't given much thought to growing some facial hair to promote Movember since like so many of us shaving geeks, well, I love to shave.

Well this November (even though I started mid-month), I decided what the hell and started a full beard. And it's still around. November ended when it was looking real and I figured "why stop now!". I haven't had anything resembling a mustache, beard, long sideburns or anything more than a weekend stubble patch for decades so I have this crumb catcher for the sport of it.

Now, I have no intention of keeping it - because my wife said so - but should I be shunned from this fine forum or directed to the penalty box?

I beg you for guidance and/or penance. Rolleyes

Humbly,
Billy

35 2,703
 12-06-2013, 03:02 PM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
I hear you, Billy.

I grew a beard 4 years ago, and actually liked it ... alas, my wife insisted that I shave it off.

Nonetheless, my opinion is that you should not be reprimanded in any way from our forum of wet shaving enthusiasts ... you're still one of us, regardless of this recent behavior. Biggrin

102 17,661
 12-06-2013, 03:12 PM
  • TexBilly
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Austin, TX
User Info
(12-06-2013, 03:02 PM)Agravic Wrote: I hear you, Billy.

I grew a beard 4 years ago, and actually liked it ... alas, my wife insisted that I shave it off.

Nonetheless, my opinion is that you should not be reprimanded in any way from our forum of wet shaving enthusiasts ... you're still one of us, regardless of this recent behavior. Biggrin

Glad to know I'm not alone, Ravi! We do all have mental lapses, eh? Tongue

35 2,703
 12-06-2013, 03:23 PM
  • celar36
  • Enjoying Life 1 shave at time
  • London, UK
User Info
yup, I dont shave for two days my wife forbids to come close to her. She hates how its itch her face.

11 861
 12-06-2013, 04:27 PM
  • TexBilly
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Austin, TX
User Info
(12-06-2013, 03:23 PM)celar36 Wrote: yup, I dont shave for two days my wife forbids to come close to her. She hates how its itch her face.

Exactly why I may be wise to limit the beard's existence! Confused

35 2,703
 12-06-2013, 04:32 PM
User Info
As long as you are shaving some part of your face or neck, Billy! No need to put all of those wonderful brushes to waste, my friend! Biggrin
Personally, I have never enjoyed having a beard as it itches too much, especially, in the summer! Biggrin

75 20,883
 12-06-2013, 04:41 PM
  • Deuce
  • Just a guy
  • Cave Creek
User Info
I threaten winter growth to SWMBO every November. I collapse within 2 days.

19 700