12-10-2013, 01:15 PM
  • Howler
  • A calamophile and vintage razor lover
  • Fort Smith AR
User Info
It is nearly impossible to find a quality spiral notebook designed for a left handed writer as myself. I ran across this website that produces notebooks for left handed writers. The review said " the paper in the notebook is fountain pen friendly. For those that have been gifted to be left handed they have a version for you too.
http://www.writepads.com

1 3,507
 12-10-2013, 01:34 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Interesting. When you open it the spiral is still in the middle. Am I missing something here.

And yes, I am left handed.

173 23,508
 12-10-2013, 01:40 PM
  • CRAusmus
  • Going from Texas to Georgia
User Info
From what I gather you're essentially starting at the back of a regular notebook. They just flipped the cover and punched it on the right hand side. I think....

14 1,177
 12-10-2013, 01:49 PM
User Info
an array of geniuses have been left handed - including leonardo. so - what did they use? paper without lines of course! Biggrin

but seriously: what exactly are you looking for? i can help you find something suitable.

i often makes my own notebooks - although i am not left handed Cool

7 1,625
 12-10-2013, 11:10 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
(12-10-2013, 01:34 PM)Johnny Wrote: Interesting. When you open it the spiral is still in the middle. Am I missing something here.

And yes, I am left handed.

(12-10-2013, 01:40 PM)CRAusmus Wrote: From what I gather you're essentially starting at the back of a regular notebook. They just flipped the cover and punched it on the right hand side. I think....

These are my thoughts, as well. It is the way Hebrew books are printed because Hebrew is written and read from right to left, just the opposite of most Western European languages, such as English, French, etc. Therefore, these interesting notebooks are clever in their simplicity but not unknown. Smile

However, these would make great gifts for lefties, even if just for the novelty value.

2 11,211
 01-28-2014, 04:10 AM
User Info
(12-10-2013, 01:40 PM)CRAusmus Wrote: From what I gather you're essentially starting at the back of a regular notebook. They just flipped the cover and punched it on the right hand side. I think....

Exactly my thoughts but probably at double the cost.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

0 35
 01-28-2014, 05:12 AM
  • Shaun
  • St Peters, NSW, Australia
User Info
I am ambidextrous, and no, that doesn't mean I can breathe under water.

0 1,623
 01-28-2014, 08:40 AM
  • krissy
  • Cando, North Dakota
User Info
I've been doing that for YEARS.... taking a regular notebook that I actually like. I don't like the paper in cheap school "mead" brand notebooks..... But I start at the back of the notebook and work forward. It helps with the issue of the spiral bound side when your a lefty. But that way if notebooks are more expensive made for lefty's you can just buy the normal version and start at the back of the book instead. Works like a dream. If you need to start at the front just use a larger border between the binding and where you start writing to give you that bit of extra space needed.

My second favorite tip for us lefty's who are in our right brain is to use notebooks that have a spiral on the top. That takes out the entire issue of the spiral binding on the left side.

7 405