03-01-2012, 01:13 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
[Image: P1220775.jpg]

My romance with the french shaving soaps is still growing everyday : Martin de Candre,Creed,Loccitane Cade,eshave lavender,Pre de Provence,Institut Karite,Midi Vetiver,Monsavon...now its time for the Provence Sante Green Tea shaving soap.

This soap has a really "minimalistic" presentation as you can see in the pic.Something that I dont like its that you can read its ingredients list,since its not reflected anywhere on the back label.

[Image: P1220776.jpg]

However,I was able to find the ingredient list for this soap:

Potassium Palmate, Sodium Palmate, Potassium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Water, Talc, Fragrance, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Sodium Chloride, Titanium Dioxide, Palm Kernel Acid, Tetrasodium Etidonate, Pentasodium Pentetate.

As you can read,this is a triple milled soap with palm oils,talc and shea butter,whic its great for the skin.

[Image: P1220778.jpg]

Making lather with this soap its really easy,since its works perfectly.I can make a really thick,slick lather (thanks to the shea butter) in no time.
This soap really protects the skin during the shave,and if leaves it really soft and smooth,with no irritation or dryness at all.SUPERB and plays in the same league than other more expensive shaving soaps,like even the Martin de Candre one.

[Image: P1220777.jpg]

Its scent its also more "manly" than the Verlaine one.This fragrance its a mixture of Green Tea with some woody notes,making it perfect for time of cold/winter or if you like more "heavy" scents.Its fresh,clean and woody,different than the Verlaine,which its fresch and kind of citrusy,reminding me of a children cologne.

For me,this is a really SUPERB soap and worhty to add it to our collection without any shadow of a doubt.

I got this shaving soap at BullGoose Shaving Supplies -Traditional Wetshaving Supplies with a great service,as always,from Phil (thanks a lot,sir!)

Vive le France!

86 7,123
 03-01-2012, 07:43 AM
User Info
I can heartily second the praise for this soap. It really pampers your face when you use it, and provides great shave protection as well.

0 252
 03-01-2012, 04:37 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
I have the Verlaine and really like it so the green tea must be wonderful.

2 11,211
 03-01-2012, 05:28 PM
User Info
It's a great soap! Love the scent.

10 518
 03-02-2012, 05:15 AM
User Info
I just used PSGT the other day. It consistently gives a great lather with very little effort.

31 7,912