12-12-2013, 09:05 AM
User Info
I heard the Crabtree and Evelyn West Indian lime soap did not lather well. Has anyone had good experiences with it? I was gonna return it for the cream but I was really wanting a soap.

17 325
 12-12-2013, 09:15 AM
User Info
Although I haven't tried the soap in question, Mike, I have read of disappointment with this soap on another forum. Been trying to find the post for you but with no luck. Sorry. I'll keep thinking!Biggrin
On a side note, I had the West Indian Lime cologne until last year. Unlike most citrus scents, I found it to have great longevity on me. Great scent also.

31 4,957
 12-12-2013, 09:17 AM
User Info
Thanks. I'll def return it then.

17 325
 12-12-2013, 09:22 AM
User Info
(12-12-2013, 09:17 AM)Miketorrge Wrote: Thanks. I'll def return it then.
The artisans make good lime soaps, Mike. Not sure where you are but both Mike's Lime and Mystic Water Lime are extremely good. Although from Spain( if in the US), Manuel(JabonMan) makes a wonderful Lima/ Incienso soap. Extremely cooling though, and may be not ideal for this time of year.

31 4,957
 12-12-2013, 09:24 AM
User Info
I am in Tennessee. I was looking for a soap I could just walk in to a store and grab. The only ones I've found in stores are Williams, veg, and crabtree

Vdh not veg

17 325
 12-12-2013, 09:29 AM
User Info
If it's a lime soap especially you want, I believe online is the only way you're likely to get it. You May find Geo. F. Trumper soaps around. They do a lime soap but performance is diabolical so ignore that one at all cost.

31 4,957
 01-10-2014, 01:47 PM
User Info
I have just received Synergy HTGAM Lime. I haven't had a chance to shave with it yet but it smells nothing like lime, much closer to shoe polish to be honest.

0 37
 01-10-2014, 02:28 PM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
The makers of Yeti Snot make a GREAT Citrus Soap called Columbian Necktie...but be warned...it makes pink lather, so don't freak when you see it...I thought I slashed myself...I suppose that's part of the fun with the name and all...it really is a great veggie soap...slick and very cushioning with a great scent to boot...

If you have an Art of Shaving Store nearby, you can go buy a puck of the lemon...you may even be able to score a Tallow for regular - or even discounted prices...I got a Tallow Lemon Puck from the store in Brea, CA last year for $23 tax included...apparently they had no idea what these are really worth....lol I've seen unscrupulous sellers on ebay selling at $55 to $75 for a puck of Tallow Lemon AoS, PLUS Shipping!

I've seen them on here for around $40 a puck, which I think is a fair price given their lather quality and how long they last...My puck lasted about 3 months of regular use, much longer if I would have used it in rotation.

Other than that, if you have a Sephora Store you may be able to score some AoS Ocean Kelp which has a citrusy sort of scent and produces a very nice lather....

Good luck in your search!

Matt

68 1,416