12-13-2013, 01:59 PM
User Info
I have been wet shaving for a year now and my everyday razor is a SS and I wanted to see what this nock off was all about.
I just received my weishi and I used a Astra blade not that impressed! I normally use feather but I have heard good things about Astra so I gave it a shot. I will use a feather next shave to see if there is a difference. I'm close but I still feel like I missed places and never had that happen other than my first week or so wet shaving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 4
 12-13-2013, 02:24 PM
  • CMur12
  • Semogueiro de Coração
  • Moses Lake, Washington State, USA
User Info
The Weishi is a very mild razor, much more so than a Gillette Super Speed. It would be closer to a Gillette Tech in its shaving characteristics. Such a razor is designed for shavers with sensitive skin and a not-so-heavy beard. A mild razor can also be a good instrument for newcomers to learn on.

With such a mild shaver and its very narrow blade gap, exact blade angle is much more critical to an effective cut.

- Murray

4 1,150
 12-14-2013, 10:41 AM
User Info
I own and have tried Weishi 9306 razors on numerous occasions over the years. They are a solidly built, attractive and a very inexpensive TTO design that comes with a great hard travel case as well as a number of finishes. I really wanted to like the razor. Unfortunately, regardless of the many blades I've tried, the razor is so mild as to be virtually useless on my wiry beard. In fact, in my attempts to achieve a reasonable shave, I usually end up with irritation from using too much pressure and passes.

Every once in a while I'll try the 9306 again in hopes that some new blade or revelation in my technique will improve my shave with this razor. Sadly, despite around seven years of trying, my results remain the same. YMMV.

0 386