12-14-2013, 03:02 PM
User Info
So awhile back I got a Vulfix 405 "Strand" boar brush on a whim, mostly cuz I liked the way it looked and it was on clearance. It has since been discontinued. When I got it in hand, I thought, "Much smaller than I normally like", so I put it on the shelf and have not used it till last week.

I had decided to have a "Boaring Week" of shaves and use nothing but my boar brushes. So out came the VDH, (2) Omega's, WSP and the Vulfix. Working my way thru the brushes I finally got to the Vulfix.

WOW! Small or not the thing is a lather monster! How can such a small brush generate such a great lather? And pretty darn soft right away too. I like it alot

Now the question. Does anyone else use a Vulfix boar brush? If so, how do you feel about it?

Thanks in advance and enjoy those shaves

4 952
 12-14-2013, 03:27 PM
  • Shaun
  • St Peters, NSW, Australia
User Info
I use a few Vulfix boars, part of the London Series (Hyde Park, etc) and find them to be a very excellent, soft brush that produces a luxurious creamy lather. The boar is, I think, a fine grade. I also use the Grosvenor 404 mixed loft and it is my favourite handle. Ergonomic. It's a shame Connaught doesn't stock the London Series any more. Great value, too.

0 1,586
 12-14-2013, 03:37 PM
  • CMur12
  • Semogueiro de Coração
  • Moses Lake, Washington State, USA
User Info
Hi Michael -

I have a 2199 Vulfix boar that I haven't used for some time. As I recall, it is made with finer-gauge bristle than most boar brushes and it's performance characteristics are more similar to badger than are those of most other boars. Mine performed amazingly well right out of the box.

Maybe it's time to give mine another whril!

- Murray

4 1,150
 12-14-2013, 04:14 PM
User Info
I use two of the London series and all I can say is that they are superb! Maybe small by today's standards but they can whip up a lather just as quickly and are slicker tipped than most badger brushes .

Far better than the size would suggest Smile

6 1,224
 12-14-2013, 07:03 PM
User Info
Those were nice brushes. I think Paul from Connaught had a hand in getting Vulfix to make them.

2 693