12-14-2013, 06:45 PM
User Info
Good evening, gentlemen. I would like to pass along the following fine brushes and razor. All brushes are either new or appear as new (or very good vintage condition, regarding the razors) and could make great gifts to others (or yourselves)!

Please contact via PM with questions, requests for item details or pictures, and offers. Items sold as-is and described to the best of my ability. No warranty is implied, and I am not responsible for items lost or damaged in shipping. Prices include PayPal payment, shipping and tracking by USPS. Offers from members outside the States are welcome.

Elite Razor Desert Ironwood with WSP High Mountain White two-band - $97 shipped. SOLD This is my favorite brush and it will be hard to see it go. Fantastic craftsmanship, finishing and weight to this very dense wood. The best looking handle to my eye with some of the very best ergonomics for face or bowl lathering. Lee at WSP offered these knots for a limited run and they sold out quickly, for good reason. If you find yourself looking for the nexus of a top-shelf silvertip (finer hairs, deliciously soft tips) and the backbone that a two-band badger offers, this is what you are looking for. 24 x 48 mm knot. Only used a few times and looks new. Will ship with original packaging.

Interestingly, desert ironwood only grows in the washes and valleys of the Sonoran Desert below 2,500 foot elevation, takes about 2000 years to mature and actually sinks in water. Today the Seri Indians make carvings of desert plants and animals from the ironwood. Desert Ironwood was the original choice of material for the grips of the Colt .45 handgun.

Ever-Ready 150 Silvertip - $42 shipped. SOLD Polished handle, a bit more weight and restored with a nice 26mm silvertip knot set at 49mm. A very comfortable and handsome handle. Very small gouge that did not polish out on the backside, otherwise great shape. Only used a few times but looks new.

Semogue 2012 Owner's Club Special Edition - $62 shipped. ALL THREE SOLDBrand-new, unused. Only removed from brush tube to photograph for you and only selling a backup. This is one of my very favorite brushes after using and owning 100+.

Muhle 25mm Silvertip Fibre (Version 2) in faux horn - $60 shipped. SOLD One of my most favorite brushes and certainly the best synthetic. Incredibly soft tips, great backbone (but not scrubby, just luxurious), no springiness of version 1 in addition to the ability to whip up the fastest, highest quality lather from the least product that you've ever seen. Hand-tied knot and a beautiful faux horn handle. Looks as new and will ship in original packaging.

Shavemac Silvertip Beehive in faux ivory - $79 shipped. [/b] SOLD This is the 2013 LE made for The Shave Nook and is #19/100. Bernd was kind enough to hand-select a fantastic 23mm knot and set it a bit lower, per my request, at 48-49mm. I've tried a few other examples of this brush and of Shavemac silvertip, and this is certainly the best example I've seen. Actually, this is the best silvertip brush I've ever used, comparing with all the major names you are thinking of, and will be hard to let go. Perfect bulb set a bit lower gives you the backbone you want without any sacrifice of flow-through. Soft, white tips without any scrub. Looks as new and will ship in original packaging.

GEM Flying Wing "Bullet Tip" in gold - $16 shipped. SOLD In very good to excellent shape and includes the original case. Some areas of the gold plating show a bit of wear (top of the head and knob at the bottom) but certainly nothing serious. GEM SE's are some of my most favorite razors, but I just prefer the more aggressive ones. I think this is a great one to try that will satisfy a majority of shavers.

[Image: aKZUJlw.jpg]

[Image: IvX1fQi.jpg]

[Image: ay1Mj3X.jpg]

[Image: ITlZS2U.jpg]

[Image: euLg9XV.jpg]

[Image: U26ADAd.jpg]

[Image: LdDkCW9.jpg]

[Image: YWzqDs2.jpg]

Gillette Old Type travel kit in gold - $48 shipped. SOLD Includes a Gillette Old Type razor that has had the typical handle crack stabilized professionally, blade holders with original blades, shave stick travel tube, brush travel tube and original Gillette horse hair travel brush with a loose knot. The razor is not original to the set. The top of the leather case is separated from the case, but the bottom is in very good condition.

[Image: 63hU6zx.jpg]

[Image: uLhDue0.jpg]

[Image: CRXSUXL.jpg]

[Image: t5IWgnN.jpg]

47 1,270
 12-14-2013, 07:14 PM
User Info
Tom is a great guy to deal with and I can't believe he is letting go of that Elite7 Desert Ironwood brush. That knot is fabulous. Someone needs to grab this before he changes his mind.

GLWTS!

31 7,914
 12-14-2013, 08:01 PM
User Info
(12-14-2013, 07:14 PM)SharpSpine Wrote: Tom is a great guy to deal with and I can't believe he is letting go of that Elite7 Desert Ironwood brush. That knot is fabulous. Someone needs to grab this before he changes his mind.

GLWTS!

Thank you, Brian. I will be packing it up for the lucky buyer as it is sold. A win-win situation: I get to simplify a bit and the new owners get great brushes and razors!

47 1,270
 12-14-2013, 08:54 PM
User Info
The Owner's Club 2013 Special Edition... I haven't seen a 2013 one before. Is there a difference between that and the 2012 one?

14 229
 12-14-2013, 11:18 PM
User Info
I believe 2013 was a typo. AFAIK there is no 2013 SE SOC.

Sent via Tapatalk and my thumbs.

129 6,685
 12-14-2013, 11:58 PM
User Info
(12-14-2013, 08:54 PM)explodyii Wrote: The Owner's Club 2013 Special Edition... I haven't seen a 2013 one before. Is there a difference between that and the 2012 one?

(12-14-2013, 11:18 PM)wingdo Wrote: I believe 2013 was a typo. AFAIK there is no 2013 SE SOC.

Sent via Tapatalk and my thumbs.

Absolutely right gentlemen. Thank you, I've corrected the listing.

47 1,270
 12-15-2013, 03:22 AM
User Info
Tom is a gent to deal with!!! Nice brushes btw Tom!!!

60 1,698
 12-15-2013, 06:34 AM
  • Deco
  • シングルエッジ
  • Rocky Mountains
User Info
I'll take the Gem Flying Wing!

1 239
 12-15-2013, 07:22 AM
User Info
Cannot believe you let that WSP in E7 Desert Ironwood go....
Mine is one of my favorite brushes amongst all I have owned and will never leave my den... Excellent brush for the lucky buyer...

[Image: EX4zmb2.jpg]

31 1,554
 12-15-2013, 12:32 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Oh boy , I missed the Muhle STF v 2.0

86 7,123
 12-16-2013, 04:24 AM
User Info
All sold, thank you TSN!