12-16-2013, 04:11 PM
User Info
Wondering how people feel able the ATT razors compared to the new Ikons? Craftsmanship, shaving quality? Would love to get some feedback.

27 139
 12-16-2013, 06:15 PM
User Info
Just got in the Above The Tie M2 and have had an Ikon slant for a few months now.

The Slant is a very smooth moderately mild razor, feedback is incredible, and gives me a nice BBS shave with 4 passes. Build quality is good to very good - the alignment pins being to small is a minor annoyance that I can live with. Also, just a gorgeous razor to look at!

The ATT M2 is a moderately aggressive razor that also gives a smooth shave provided you mind your angles and don't use any pressure. Build quality is excellent - and its a work of art in itself! I'm only two shaves in with this one though so still learning its characteristics.

With the slant I have to focus on my technique or I won't get a close enough shave, with the ATT M2 I have to focus to make sure I don't get any irritation or weepers.

Debating which one to keep, right now leaning towards the M2 as I am moving towards more aggressive razors. Also love that its made here in the USA!

47 1,081
 12-21-2013, 05:10 PM
User Info
For me there is no comparison I'm not saying the Ikons don't shave well because they do but 100% machined head kills a sintered head In this past year I sold all my Ikons in fact I sold off nearly all my razors for the ATT

0 73
 12-21-2013, 06:24 PM
  • MaxP
  • Madison, WI
User Info
I have an Ikon and an ATT.

The finish quality of the Ikon is better than the the ATT.
The Ikon also seems more forgiving as to what blade is in it. I'm still trying to find the "right" blade for the ATT. Med Prep was rough as was a Bolzano. Right now I'm trying an Astra.

If I had to choose today, the Ikon would be the keeper.

44 1,329
 12-21-2013, 06:44 PM
User Info
Comparing apples with apples mine would be the ATT H1 vs iKon 2013' standard bar. Both made extremely well. The shave with the H1 is on the aggressive side with end caps not covering the entire blade while the iKon has covered end caps and the shave is as good or better but much smoother. Finally the iKon is much cheaper then the ATT H1. Nod to the iKon by a hairSmile

98 12,359
 12-22-2013, 04:44 AM
User Info
My choice is ATT, Ikon is too mild for me.

22 216
 12-22-2013, 06:23 AM
User Info
Back to my Ikon Slant today, really nice shave!

Takes an extra pass to get to BBS, but razor is so smooth I enjoy it.

Both excellent razors, really boils down to personal preference IMHO.

47 1,081
 12-23-2013, 08:13 PM
User Info
ATT, my top choice of most moderns.

0 606
 12-24-2013, 12:14 PM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
I recently got one of the blemished ShaveCraft 101 razors and for me the hands down winner is the iKon! I was so impressed that I wrote Greg an email congratulating him on the 101 (and the Blem Sale).

The ATT shaves me absolutely wonderfully on my face, but tears up my jaw and neck...The iKon just shaves wonderfully on both sides of the head - one OC and the other SB...I got 3 great BBS shaves in a row so far which is a first!

I even moved my Tradere handle from the ATT to the iKon. I have a slant on the way from another forum and am thinking about buying another iKon handle.

Yes...for less than $100 I am LOVING this razor! I use Med / Lab Preps and the very occasional Feather - this morning I tried a Feather which resulted in a 3-pass BBS even on my jawline, which is hard to shave with other razors. This razor is the only one, so far out of Pils, ATT, all three Weber heads, EJ, and Joris which has just plain worked 'out of the box' with my usual blades!

iKon wins the match!

67 1,378
 01-05-2014, 03:38 PM
User Info
Good feedback on the both razors.
Both of the stainless models look great but it's spendy to grab both for a test drive.

To me the Ikon sounds like a good choice.

20 156