12-17-2013, 09:02 AM
User Info
my buddy recommended an oil facial wash to me since he knows I have very dry skin.

there's only 3 ingredients and so far, the wash seems to be working fairly well.

ingredients: castor oil, jojoba oil & grape seed oil.

he recommended the following mix: 50% castor, 25% jojoba & 25% grape seed, to see whether or not it would be too dry for me. if it is, decrease the castor and increase the other two ingredients.

I pour about a quarter or half dollar size in my palms, rub them together and then work them into my face and neck for about 30-45 seconds and then rinse it off in the shower.

40 5,830
 12-24-2013, 11:16 PM
User Info
This is the "OCM" oil cleansing method and it works great for many people, and is said to be helpful in getting rid of blackheads. The original version used olive oil and castor oil, but you can switch out the olive for lighter oils, like you have. The castor oil is the cleansing oil and can be increased to 75% by people with oily skin, or cut back to 25% for people with really dry skin.

0 225
 01-23-2014, 08:03 AM
User Info
(12-24-2013, 11:16 PM)Mystic Water Wrote: This is the "OCM" oil cleansing method and it works great for many people, and is said to be helpful in getting rid of blackheads. The original version used olive oil and castor oil, but you can switch out the olive for lighter oils, like you have. The castor oil is the cleansing oil and can be increased to 75% by people with oily skin, or cut back to 25% for people with really dry skin.

haven't been happier with the results so far.

I just made another 3oz batch (1st batch was only 1oz to try it out), this time including some peppermint EO to give it a nice scent.

I suspect the 3oz batch will last several months.

40 5,830
 01-23-2014, 08:52 AM
  • krissy
  • Cando, North Dakota
User Info
This is an excellent method for those with acne, it's done amazing things for lots of people. If you don't like the feel of the liquid oil, make a mixture of solid oils and liquid oils for a more firm texture. If you don't want to mix it up yourself try a cold cream such as ponds or even a hand lotion because that's pretty much oils and water although the lotion will have a lower oil content than the ponds. However keep in mind that both may contain mineral oil, which IMHO isn't so good for the skin unless you have very dry skin. I have soaping friends that it was a miracle ingredient for them and while it wasn't their first choice of oils it did get the job done. I use to offer a facial cleanser using this theory but it was in a thicker cream form. I also made the option of having added jojoba beads for some exfoliation. If anyone is interested shoot me a PM and I can add it back in and get a batch made up.

7 405
 01-31-2014, 12:33 PM
User Info
SW Basics products are great for face wash and they are really simple ingredients and organic.

0 34
 03-15-2014, 03:10 AM
User Info
I have been using Proactive for about two years & it has worked so well! i used it its proper good...promise!!!

0 9
 03-24-2014, 11:08 PM
User Info
I use Clearasil: Oil free face wash. it works great for me. It keeps my face oil free the whole day, and prevents future breakouts! I love it..hope it works for youSmile

0 11