12-17-2013, 08:21 PM
  • LORDBISHOP
  • Lover of the Wet Shaving way of Life
  • Westchester, NY
User Info
I first want to admit my apprehension with purchasing Simpson's Skin Food due to my own case of judging a book by it's cover I suppose. I just didn't think Simpson, a premier brush company would produce top tier products like aftershave, pre-shave and cream/soap...I wondered how could they compete against companies that specialize in these kind of skin care products!I've tried many well known English, Italian, Canadian and Portuguese aftershaves with mixed results, but certainly there is room for me to find even better! Well, I'm writing this with my tail between my legs, simply because this Simpson Skin Food is absolutely one of the BEST aftershaves I have ever triedLightbulb Along with the gorgeous TSN L/E Brush that I received, was a bottle of this aftershave skin food by Simpson Co. It spreads effortlessly over the skin, and is one of, if not the #1 lasting moisture rich aftershave I have ever tried...It also has superior ingredients compared to most, with many different oils combining to create this moisture rich product. It is scentless and works great following an A/S splash, especially in the cold weather I'm experiencing in NY this December. I'm sold and will continue to purchase more when this bottle gives up...It is a must try in my mind, especially for anyone looking to moisturize, sooth and reduce skin bumps/irritation.

4 792
 12-18-2013, 06:41 AM
  • Doc
  • Paris
User Info
Interesting, what is the difference with the balm?
Do you tried both?
I really like the Simpson balm.

1 205
 12-18-2013, 03:39 PM
User Info
Sadly with all my purchases from Mark, I have yet to get a tube of the skin food in a mailing. This makes it sound like a must buy from a vendor.

129 6,685
 12-18-2013, 04:15 PM
  • Dripp
  • Cincinnati, OH
User Info
I also received a tube of the skin food with my TSN LE, and I was very excited as 1. I wanted to try it, and 2. I was just about out of me gentlemans refinery balm that I had been using for the past year or so. Previous to that I had used the both the coral and limes trumpers skin food so I figured I had a reasonable background from which to judge. Granted i've only started using it this week, but I think I like it - a lot. Its quite a bit thicker than the TGR, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I plan to use it exclusively for its duration and I will report back after a while. But it seems very well done.

0 37
 12-18-2013, 07:14 PM
  • LORDBISHOP
  • Lover of the Wet Shaving way of Life
  • Westchester, NY
User Info
Highly recommended Guys...If you have an opportunity scoop some up...It really does feed the skin, and without any noticeable scent(at least to my schnoz), I think it's hard to find any faults especially without a noticeable scent...I believe this is the same balm your speaking of Doc...this bottle definitely is labelled as "Simpson Vitalising Balm"(pardon the lack of Z)...but calls it Skin food throughout the description on the back of the tube. Hope others enjoy it as much as I do!

4 792
 12-19-2013, 01:09 AM
  • Doc
  • Paris
User Info
I have this one:
http://www.rasage-classique.com/baume-ap...rche=81200

and there is this one named skin food:
http://www.rasage-classique.com/creme-hy...rche=81200

I've to try the skin food, little pricy but the balm is really good for me.

1 205
 12-19-2013, 06:52 AM
  • u2u
  • GTA
User Info
(12-19-2013, 01:09 AM)Doc Wrote: I have this one:
http://www.rasage-classique.com/baume-ap...rche=81200

and there is this one named skin food:
http://www.rasage-classique.com/creme-hy...rche=81200

I've to try the skin food, little pricy but the balm is really good for me.

I have been using both of these compliments of Simpsons. To my nose they are both unscented. I have not compared the ingredient lists but the balm seems like a heavier version of the skin food. They work well and are fully absorbed, leaving no troubling residue. Pricy at retail but the performance is there. One of the very few unscented products I will keep in my rotation.

[Image: lOPWoZ0.jpg]

0 536
 12-19-2013, 07:31 AM
  • CRAusmus
  • Going from Texas to Georgia
User Info
I got a tube of the balm with my brush and I am quite impressed as well. I'm now interested in the skin food as well. Genius marketing on Mark's part by saying hey guys we also make this stuff too. I love the fact that it's scentless. Pairs well with any aftershave you use.

14 1,177
 12-19-2013, 03:23 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
I think it's only natural that Mark has chosen to expand the Simpson offering to include software. Given the quality of their brushes, I'm not surprised by the glowing reports for these products...

91 17,856
 12-19-2013, 11:52 PM
User Info
I think it's quite a nice balm. Winter here in the UK and it works pretty well. Good balance of moisture and not oily.

On the downside is price! Just far too close to the prices of the 3T's.

7 1,179
 12-29-2013, 06:21 PM
User Info
I got the balm with my LE. I must admit that I am very impressed. The only other AS balm type product I use is RR AS Wax. I do think the Simpson balm will be added to the permanent rotation.

10 98
 01-06-2014, 04:44 PM
  • tsimmns
  • Mississippi
User Info
I will say this. I shaved this morning with a Commodore X2 in best badger along with DR Harris Marlborough. Afterwards I contemplated which aftershave to use since I've always been a splash type of guy(I have always hated Nivea as it gives me a rash it seems). This morning for some odd reason though I said to myself, "Hey, let's try this Simpsons balm that came with TSN brush". I thought it's 10 degrees outside and mostly with splashes by night my face is showing signs of dryness. After using the balm and my face feeling better than it has ever felt through the day, I will definitely be using this stuff more often. As a matter of fact, it become my go to post shave product, at least until winter passes. While I love my splashes, they just are harsh on my face in the winter time. I would like to thank Mark for including this with my purchase. He definitely will have a re-peat customer.

15 970
 01-07-2014, 02:24 PM
User Info
I too got some with my LE and agree that it's great stuff, much better than I was expecting. I will be getting it again when it's run out.

0 6