12-20-2013, 03:41 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Luke surprised me with a bottle of Pilot Iroshizuku Yu-Yake (Sunset) ink! Smile When it arrived yesterday, I saw that the package was from The Goulet Pen Company, which I found strange since I hadn't ordered anything that hadn't already arrived. What a great surprise! From wishing for one bottle of Iroshizuku ink, I now have seven and it is all thanks to the incredible generosity of the folks here at TSN.

Once again, I apologize for the very poor photos but here are the last four of the seven Iroshizuku ink reviews:

[Image: PagQliO.jpg]
The Momiji is on the pink side of magenta. In fact, it could just as easily be called a pink rather than a magenta.

[Image: e4ldFIx.jpg]
The Yu-Yake, the gift from Luke, is a lovely shade of orange and, although it cannot be seen from this photograph, is the only one of the seven Iroshizuku inks that has some nice shading.

[Image: p3pkpBE.jpg]
The Fuyu-Gaki is a wonderful salmon orange-pink. Once again, it is difficult to see because of the poor photography.

[Image: IF8MHAE.jpg]
Tsuyu-Kusa is an almost pure blue. The photograph shows it too light in the swab. Where you see the blue getting very dark, such as at the end of the writing sample, I discovered that I hadn't flushed the pen I used as good as I thought. Blush

2 11,211
 12-20-2013, 11:55 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Great test Freddy.

173 23,558
 12-21-2013, 11:39 AM
  • Howler
  • A calamophile and vintage razor lover
  • Fort Smith AR
User Info
Great reviews Freddy.

1 3,507
 12-22-2013, 12:34 AM
  • Lradke
  • Edmonton, Alberta
User Info
Thanks for testing it out Freddy! The ink is really a lovely shade.

1 608
 12-22-2013, 08:07 AM
User Info
Great reviews of all of these Pilot inks.

As you note it is interesting to see the dry times between different colors.

Phil

7 363
 12-22-2013, 11:21 AM
User Info
Freddy, great to see your wonderful enthusiasm for inks and pens, my friend! Biggrin

75 20,884
 12-22-2013, 12:07 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
By the way, my test for the water resistance of each ink is to put a few droplets of water on the grid, let them sit for about 15 seconds, then tilt the paper and have the water that hasn't soaked into the paper roll off. I then judge the water resistance by how easy it is to "read" the ink that was left behind and, secondarily, how much the color of the ink changed. Obviously, none of these tested Iroshizuku inks is waterproof, which to me is bit different than resistant.In other words, all waterproof inks are water resistant but not all water resistant inks are waterproof. Smile

2 11,211
 12-23-2013, 08:43 PM
  • CRAusmus
  • Going from Texas to Georgia
User Info
Excellent reviews Freddy. Thank you.

And congrats on another bottle of ink. The members here truly are great folks.

14 1,177