12-22-2013, 01:56 PM
User Info
Hi

I'm always on the look out for small, independent brush or razor makers; don't know why, but there is something more appealing than having something mass produced I guess

I have seen Wolf Whiskers mentioned a couple of times but cant find anything online or through the Artisan sections

What do we know about this brush and is there a website?

Are there any other popular US independents that come recommended. I have a Whipped Dog brush which I'm really pleased with and I have seen Rudy Vey and W

Thanks guys

0 85
 12-22-2013, 02:18 PM
User Info
There was a thread here that featured Geoff Anderson's brushes, a day or so again. Look at those and give him a holler...http://shavenook.com/thread-geoff-anderson-custom-brushes-pic-heavy

15 198
 12-22-2013, 02:39 PM
User Info
Wolf Whisker's is just a single member who is primarily active on b&b. However, he is active military and is currently deployed, and I don't think he'll return until February. I have a brush made by him and the quality is absolutely top notch, far better than my RV brushes.

Elite razors seems to produce a very high quality product as well and are worth looking into.

Rudy is generally very easy to contact, but I'd go with one of the other makers first.

8 124
 12-22-2013, 03:03 PM
User Info
(12-22-2013, 02:39 PM)yellafella321 Wrote: Wolf Whisker's is just a single member who is primarily active on b&b. However, he is active military and is currently deployed, and I don't think he'll return until February. I have a brush made by him and the quality is absolutely top notch, far better than my RV brushes.

Elite razors seems to produce a very high quality product as well and are worth looking into.

Rudy is generally very easy to contact, but I'd go with one of the other makers first.

Peter contacted me on 12-20-2013, and said that he is now back from deployment.

1 2,827
 12-22-2013, 05:53 PM
User Info
Peter Wolf's craftsmanship is top notch and he's a pleasure to deal with. He also pours his own resin blanks and offers an amazing variety of colors and patterns in his brushes. He's active on B&B, and you can find many examples of his work there, as well as great reviews from members. He is active duty Navy and cannot offer his brushes when he's deployed. However, his work is well with waiting for.

37 2,945
 12-22-2013, 07:14 PM
User Info
He's a great guy too, really stands behind his work.

19 631
 12-23-2013, 07:26 AM
User Info
I just saw that Peter (wolf whiskers) is back for a bit and can take a small number of orders. I'd jump on that opportunity asap!

8 124
 12-23-2013, 07:38 AM
User Info
(12-23-2013, 07:26 AM)yellafella321 Wrote: I just saw that Peter (wolf whiskers) is back for a bit and can take a small number of orders. I'd jump on that opportinity asap!

I also saw this on B&B. Peter has not posted anything as of right now but the word has spread. Things in the Navy can change quickly but based on comments he made before, I believe he may only be back for a limited period and then is going on a longer deployment.

37 2,945
 12-23-2013, 11:42 AM
User Info
Ricardo - Haha your quote just highlights my typos. I only have a tablet this holiday!

8 124