05-07-2012, 01:04 PM
User Info
Got back from Carib last night. Great trip! While in San Juan, I took Tony's advice, and stopped at La Bombonera. Although the sit down portion of the cafe was closed, I was able to get a mayorca and coffee to go. They are every bit as good as they look in the picture!! Plus, I stumbled upon a great cigar shop (The Cigar Shop in the Doll House was the name), and picked up a couple of cigars, and surprisingly, some Astra Plats! They had a selection of Vie Long and Vulfix brushes, but even duty and tax free, the brushes didn't compare in price to what Phil sells them for.

Grand Turk was nice and very undeveloped. Spent the day there snorkeling and getting a bit burnt. San Juan was a fascinating little town, and I loved walking around the old streets. Visited the Fort San Cristobal while we were there, and I nearly stepped on an iguana! St. Maarten was not as enjoyable as I had hoped, partly because I got a bit of a bug and was running a fever. That, and everyone in Phillipsburg was so pushy, I had trouble enjoying myself. St. Thomas was easily the most beautiful island we were on. Took a gondola ride up to the highest point on the mountain, and enjoyed a few adult beverages while looking out at the bay.

What a wonderful vacation. Completely stress free. Back to the grind tomorrow.

Pictures will be coming shortly!

1 223
 05-07-2012, 02:17 PM
  • freddy
  • Banned
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
We'll be looking forward to those photos, Charlie. I have never been to the Caribbean and really must go one day. the only problem is that a cruise is my idea of travel purgatory. Hmmmmm, I wonder if island hopping by plane is possible (and reasonably affordable).

2 5,000