12-23-2013, 08:45 PM
  • LORDBISHOP
  • Lover of the Wet Shaving way of Life
  • Westchester, NY
User Info
I just caught wind of a new RR croap called "Son of Zeus", evidently base on a Hermes EDT!? Any news o this? Also how about "Inauguration" made for the California shave shop - Old town Shaving...Any chance it might show up elsewhere? Oh, and whats this about a XXX-T a/s splash or balm? Please fill me in GuysLightbulb

4 792
 12-23-2013, 09:20 PM
User Info
Only one I know about is the Inauguration. I believe it is a rename if the old Caprician Lemon.

31 7,912
 12-23-2013, 11:07 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
I haven't heard about any of these but I would be all over a XXX aftershave splash!

45 3,955
 12-23-2013, 11:58 PM
User Info
Vitos Colonia is basically XXX A/S. At least with the original XXX scent, the difference in scent was barely noticeable.

12 1,243
 12-24-2013, 12:53 AM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
(12-23-2013, 11:58 PM)insomniac Wrote: Vitos Colonia is basically XXX A/S. At least with the original XXX scent, the difference in scent was barely noticeable.

Thank you for the info I did not know that.

45 3,955
 12-24-2013, 02:37 AM
User Info
I want to know more about Son of Zeus

I enjoy quite a few of the hermes edt offerings.

1 171
 12-24-2013, 01:45 PM
User Info
Well, Zeus had a large number of male offspring, including both immortal and mortal. http://www.theoi.com/Olympios/ZeusFamily.html
Hermes was just one. Endymion was yet another. Hmm - Penhaligon again?

3 543
 12-24-2013, 03:25 PM
  • Elendil
  • Raggedy man, good night
  • The snow's back.
User Info
(12-24-2013, 01:45 PM)john parker Wrote: Well, Zeus had a large number of male offspring, including both immortal and mortal. http://www.theoi.com/Olympios/ZeusFamily.html

If it's called Hephaestus and it helps us get Aphrodite, I'll buy 5 tubs.

0 1,136
 12-24-2013, 07:15 PM
  • LORDBISHOP
  • Westchester, NY
User Info
(12-24-2013, 01:45 PM)john parker Wrote: Well, Zeus had a large number of male offspring, including both immortal and mortal. http://www.theoi.com/Olympios/ZeusFamily.html

This is true and I think more accurate "Endymion was yet another. Hmm - Penhaligon again?"...Good CallLightbulb

4 792
 12-24-2013, 07:29 PM
User Info
(12-24-2013, 07:15 PM)LORDBISHOP Wrote:

This is true and I think more accurate "Endymion was yet another. Hmm - Penhaligon again?"...Good CallLightbulb
Thank you LordBishop, but not my call; found the possibility posted on B&B. If memory serves my correctly (though usually it does not), I may have or have had a sample of Endymion, and I think I really liked it.

Just looked up a description of Endymion on Fragrantica, and I think it sounds a lot better to me than the Hermes contender for Son of Zeus!

3 543
 12-25-2013, 01:38 PM
User Info
(12-23-2013, 08:45 PM)LORDBISHOP Wrote: I just caught wind of a new RR croap called "Son of Zeus", evidently base on a Hermes EDT!?

I am a fond follower of Razorock's products and have the same interest and excitement for this one. I may have to buy that one and take a break with buying for a portion of time. I have bought all of the new releases minus the Neroli Sensitive Skin due to mistake on ordering but so far I am happy with a lot of the soaps they've recently been releasing.

(12-23-2013, 08:45 PM)LORDBISHOP Wrote: Any news o this? Also how about "Inauguration" made for the California shave shop - Old town Shaving...Any chance it might show up elsewhere?

A few have mentioned that they have heard that this is a rename or repackage of Caprician Lemon. I can confirm this IS NOT true. Obviously, packaging tub for the Caprician Lemon is the larger tub intended to mix lather right inside of as well as being the cut block which is 125gms. The Italian Lemon is in the more familar wide and lower container which has the nice texture to it before it gets touched by the brush. It is also 150gms so it is filled very close to the lid.

Scent wise, after showing my friend the two, he seemed to have the same experience as what I read last night going through archives of initial thoughts on Caprician Lemon. Many called it a "chemical" scent or recalling it being a cleaner, such as Pinesol. This Italian Lemon (Inauguration) is not only different in scent but the strength. In my opinion, the scent is more natural and pleasant. It is also much lighter in my opinion but does not completely disappear when lathered. Some would say it gets stronger when mixed up but not my experience.

I am a fan of the Caprician Lemon scent more than the newer Italian Lemon. Luckily I was able to get my hands on an almost out C.L. from David at Razor Blades and More. All other online stores and brick and Mortar have none left.

Formulation wise, C. Lemon has a shorter ingredient list including tallow. The I. Lemon is vegetable soap with addition of familiar Tcheon Fung Sing / Razorock ingredients for scent. The only ingredient I am still trying to find more on is this:

Alpha-Iso-Methylione

Google it and toilet tablets come up. Wink

Here is both ingredient lists.

Caprician Lemon-

Stearic Acid
Tallow
Water
Cocos Nucifera Oil
Potassium Hydroxide
Sodium Hydroxide
(Lemon) Fragrance
Potassium Carbonate

Old Town Shaving Inauguration Italian Lemon

Stearic Acid
Water
Cocos Nucifera Oil
Potassium Hydroxide
Sodium Hydroxide
(Parfum) Fragrance
Potassium Carbonate
Limonene
Linalool
Geraniol
Alpha-Iso-Methylione
Cital
Hydrocitronellol
Citronellol

Question to you guys, any ideas on why some Razorock products have a specific scent listed next to the listed fragrance/parfum? And does "fragrance" only mean a fragrance oil or can that possibly be an essential oil?

Performance wise, similar quality, minus the extra ingredients that I would consider at scent enhancers on Italian Lemon, they are very similar bases. Obviously some might find a more creamy or conditioning feel to the tallow soap, but I can attest to the quality of the vegetable Italian Lemon. We have had it mixed up in the shop multiple times and it can take quite a beating with the brush and holds water well. I can't speak to which one can hang around longer since I don't have the tallow soap sitting around to see how quickly it dissipates.

Pros and Cons

Italian Lemon might be a good replacement for those who like the Caprician Lemon if you enjoy a vegetable base and a "cleaner" (haha no not a cleaning products) and more subtle citrus. Damon has a good stock of it so that is the additional plus is it's availability.

Caprician Lemon if you can find it would be nice for those of you first that could find it, and if then you enjoyed a more sharp, strong citrus with the addition of tallow in the formula.

Cheers Shave Nookers!

74 1,089
 12-25-2013, 07:07 PM
User Info
IIRC the "Son of Zeus" is a January release, and the XXX AS was a mid-late January release. The Inauguration (lemon) is only available at Stats aka Old Town Shaving Company in Pasadena CA. 2014 is going to be a busy year for Razorock, keep your eyes open. I think there was a new line from RR releasing this summer as well.

2 805
 12-27-2013, 04:47 PM
User Info
After reading IB's FB page: P-160 is coming back. RR-160 is n/a. Lots of changes coming to RR according to Joe. That is all.....

0 205
 12-27-2013, 06:16 PM
  • LORDBISHOP
  • Westchester, NY
User Info
(12-25-2013, 07:07 PM)sunflake Wrote: IIRC the "Son of Zeus" is a January release, and the XXX AS was a mid-late January release. The Inauguration (lemon) is only available at Stats aka Old Town Shaving Company in Pasadena CA. 2014 is going to be a busy year for Razorock, keep your eyes open. I think there was a new line from RR releasing this summer as well.

All good News! Not too long to wait either for the first batch of goodies...plus more to look forward to later in the year...BellissimoHeart

4 792
 12-28-2013, 12:48 AM
User Info
Does anyone want to trade for any of the recent RR products they may have missed or are waiting to buy in the future? I have quite a few of them and you can ask if there is one you would like to sample.

Send me a private message and then I can send you a list.

Happy shaves everyone.

74 1,089
 12-31-2013, 10:52 AM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
Son of Zeus: an homage to Perseus and Pegasus that smells like unused horse hair brushes! (ewww.)

10 1,858
 12-31-2013, 11:20 AM
User Info
I saw on Facebook yesterday that there will be a rose-scented RR LE soap for Valentine's Day.

10 2,062
 12-31-2013, 12:47 PM
User Info
(12-31-2013, 11:20 AM)taborcarn Wrote: I saw on Facebook yesterday that there will be a rose-scented RR LE soap for Valentine's Day.

That will be nice!! Not that many great options out there for rose soaps (Mike's is an exception). I'm interested to see what Joe has in mind.

9 1,199
 12-31-2013, 12:54 PM
  • rsp1202
  • Los Angeles
User Info
Rose, you say? Glad to hear it. Another button pushed.

20 1,597
 12-31-2013, 06:37 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
(12-31-2013, 11:20 AM)taborcarn Wrote: I saw on Facebook yesterday that there will be a rose-scented RR LE soap for Valentine's Day.

Awesome news, I LOVE rose scented soaps! Heart Heart Heart

91 17,795