12-24-2013, 10:45 AM
User Info
My wife Mary Lou loves fountain pens as much as I do. She has 9 of them. Her over riding selection criteria is color - it MUST be BLUE!
Second criteria is a medium nib.

The other day she purchased a cheap Chinese pen on ebay and it is NOT blue!! It is rosewood. I have only just now (48 hours later) overcome the shock.

It was $8.99, has a German nib, includes cartridges, converter and free shipping from China. Hence it will not arrive until the second week of January.

It is a nice looking pen. We have had much luck with the cheap Chines pens.

Here is a link if you are interested.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Rosewood-Woo...1209395358?

ML will review it once she receives and writes with it.

Phil

7 363
 12-24-2013, 12:07 PM
User Info
That is a lovely looking pen, Phil!
I hope your wife enjoys her new pen.

75 20,883
 12-24-2013, 04:22 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
That is BEAUTIFUL! The only downside is the medium nib. Now, if it came with an extra fine, I'd be all over it. Biggrin

2 11,211
 12-26-2013, 04:19 PM
User Info
Extra-fine? Good lord only 10% of my strokes would actually show up on paper.

129 6,685
 12-26-2013, 04:27 PM
  • freddy
User Info
(12-26-2013, 04:19 PM)wingdo Wrote: Extra-fine? Good lord only 10% of my strokes would actually show up on paper.

Doug, I seem to go to extremes with my writing. I like either fine or extra fine nibs on the one hand or stub nibs, with a broader stroke, on the other. Go figure! Rolleyes

2 11,211
 12-27-2013, 08:30 PM
  • CRAusmus
  • Going from Texas to Georgia
User Info
Phil, glad to hear she is ok and that she didn't fall and hit her head or anything. Please tell her to let us know how much, if at all, she likes this pen of hers. Once she gets over the fact that she's not holding a blue pen in her hand that is.

14 1,177
 12-31-2013, 05:38 PM
User Info
(12-27-2013, 08:30 PM)CRAusmus Wrote: Phil, glad to hear she is ok and that she didn't fall and hit her head or anything. Please tell her to let us know how much, if at all, she likes this pen of hers. Once she gets over the fact that she's not holding a blue pen in her hand that is.

" glad to hear she is ok and that she didn't fall and hit her head or anything."

That cracked both ML and I upBiggrin

Phil

7 363
 01-03-2014, 05:35 PM
User Info
ML's rosewood pen arrived yesterday. She is a little under the weather so I am posting the review on her behalf.

The pen arrived 9 days after it was ordered on ebay. Not bad for free shipping from China. It arrived in a small padded envelope. The pen itself was wrapped in bubble wrap.

The pen looks very nice. Better than the pics on ebay. The cap does NOT post.
[Image: q8WgmiE.jpg]
[Image: SB0zNfF.jpg]

ML inked it with Pilot Kon Peki (a blue ink naturally).

She felt the pen wrote very smoothly. While she ordered a medium nib it writes a line closer to a fine nib. She liked the fit in her hand. Since it does not post the pen is lighter than her other pens which she posts when using. She felt she could comfortably use the pen all day. The wood felt warm to the touch in her hand. She liked that. She is amazed that a pen that costs so little can feel and write so well.

Last pic is of a wooden storage case that this pen was destined to rest in. Note this was not included with the pen. ML had it in her desk.
[Image: doo2ue9.jpg]

7 363
 01-03-2014, 06:29 PM
  • freddy
User Info
I looked it up and was sorely tempted, Phil. It's that medium nib. If I could get it in fine, so that it was closer to an extra fine, I would pick up one.

2 11,211