12-26-2013, 08:40 AM
User Info
At our else a few pens were given/received. Thought you might like to see them.

This is the Monteverde Invincia Nighthawk from Goulet. This and a bottle of Diamine Oxblood ink were for my daughter. She loves the oxblood ever since Freddy sent us a sample.
[Image: phZ5u8l.jpg]
[Image: 13EQVHt.jpg]

This pen writes extremely well.
[Image: oIHPVDm.jpg]

Next up is the Kaweco classic sport. This was for ML. She likes the small "pocket pens". Again due to Freddy's influence after he sent her a tiny Papermate school pen. I originally wanted a Stipulo Passporto as she loved how it looked. I found a great price but then read unfavorable reviews. The cap has a tendency to crack at the screw threads. This may or may not have been resolved but I didn't want to spend money to find out.

The sport is only 0.1" longer than the passporto so I went with it. Also it is available in all Blue!
[Image: VIkRHTc.jpg]
[Image: ZT4yvH2.jpg]

ML really likes how this writes. I am glad I picked it. I added the squeeze converter and the pocket clip. I am not sure but think the squeeze converter is the only converter to fit this small pen.

Lastly were 2 Cross Coventry pens. One for ML and one for son-in-law to be. This pen comes with two complete grip sections one with a medium nib and one with a fine nib.
[Image: xhgpvCf.jpg]
[Image: lSPXjHR.jpg]

The Coventry write well. They both loaded the medium nib/grip. We all agreed it wrote nicely.

Son-in-law to be also got Private reserve ink, an ear bulb and syringes to clean and fill.

I got 4 sets of stationary, 2 sets of notecards/envelopes and a pad of Rhodia premium writing paper. This is the same as the Clarefontaine that Freddy sent me to test.

It was a good Christmas for fountain pens here!

7 363
 12-26-2013, 08:48 AM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Very nice!

102 17,670
 12-26-2013, 08:54 AM
User Info
Thanks Ravi for moving the post and cleaning up my plea for help.

(12-26-2013, 08:48 AM)Agravic Wrote: Very nice!

7 363
 12-26-2013, 08:55 AM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
No problem, Phil.

The Monteverde Invincia Nighthawk is especially nice, although all of the pictured pens are lovely.

102 17,670
 12-26-2013, 09:32 AM
  • Deuce
  • Just a guy
  • Cave Creek
User Info
Phil,

First the Port, then the absolutely gorgeous pen? Man oh man she's taking care of you! My wife did great by me too. I dropped and broke my Mitchell's Wool Fat ceramic tub a few months ago- and there was a new one under the tree.But the best was a duplicate of my Dad's old LL Bean insulated shirt (somehow it disappeared out of the garage). Wore that obne shovelling snow here in Chicago this morning.

19 700
 12-26-2013, 12:45 PM
User Info
Phil, that Nighthawk pen looks stunning. It would go so well with my Weber DLC + UFO U2V1 Graphite Black razor! Biggrin
Congratulations on all of the pens!

75 20,883
 12-26-2013, 02:19 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Use everything in the best of health, Phil and Mary Lou. I do have to say, though, that the converter made for the Kaweco Sport proved useless for both Pam and me because it sucks up almost no ink and we discovered this independent of each other. I much prefer the homemade one I made: http://shavenook.com/thread-the-fountain...ad?page=63 Posts 1243 and 1248.

2 11,211
 12-27-2013, 08:32 PM
  • CRAusmus
  • Going from Texas to Georgia
User Info
My Sport has become my daily carry and I love using it more and more every time I use it. Hope she enjoys hers. Your daughter's Monteverde is beautiful.

14 1,177
 01-03-2014, 01:23 PM
User Info
I love that oxblood ink. Something very manly about it.

129 6,685
 01-03-2014, 03:37 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
(01-03-2014, 01:23 PM)wingdo Wrote: I love that oxblood ink. Something very manly about it.

I love it, too, Doug. It just seems to suggest class.

2 11,211