12-28-2013, 12:56 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
I have been informed today in the Spanish forum foroafeitado : http://foroafeitado.com/foro/jabones-cre...post251897 by several members that the cream Acqua di Parma in tube (one of my fav of all times) have been reformulated and now is totally scentless and of a white color (as well as more creamy ).

I'm expecting that somebody will take a pic of the new ingredients , but seems that Acqua di Parma changed its formulation during 2013 to add Hyaluronic Acid and remove its scent , as well as changing its consistency (from "morbido" to a more creamy texture , like the English creams ).

The price is still the same , 51 euros , around 65 dollars.

I'm just informing this since it was my idea to get a new tub soon , but after knowing this , I don't want to spend 65 dollars on a scentless cream.The strong point of Acqua di Parma shaving cream was its scent , and now that seems that is not longer there , Ill rather spend my money on other creams , and warm you about it.

As I said , as soon as somebody could take a pic of the new ingredients , I will post it here.

Well , we still have left RazoRock XX and XXX , while the new XXX doesn't smells like the old XXX or Acqua di Parma shaving cream in tub.

86 7,123
 12-28-2013, 01:10 PM
User Info
(12-28-2013, 12:56 PM)Teiste Wrote: I have been informed today in the Spanish forum foroafeitado : http://foroafeitado.com/foro/jabones-cre...post251897 by several members that the cream Acqua di Parma in tube (one of my fav of all times) have been reformulated and now is totally scentless and of a white color (as well as more creamy ).

I'm expecting that somebody will take a pic of the new ingredients , but seems that Acqua di Parma changed its formulation during 2013 to add Hyaluronic Acid and remove its scent , as well as changing its consistency (from "morbido" to a more creamy texture , like the English creams ).

The price is still the same , 51 euros , around 65 dollars.

I'm just informing this since it was my idea to get a new tub soon , but after knowing this , I don't want to spend 65 dollars on a scentless cream.The strong point of Acqua di Parma shaving cream was its scent , and now that seems that is not longer there , Ill rather spend my money on other creams , and warm you about it.

As I said , as soon as somebody could take a pic of the new ingredients , I will post it here.

Well , we still have left RazoRock XX and XXX , while the new XXX doesn't smells like the old XXX or Acqua di Parma shaving cream in tub.
Yes, you are correct. In fact the entire line of ADP Barbiere products has been reformulated this Fall to principally remove the scent. Sad but true.Angry

0 27
 12-28-2013, 01:51 PM
User Info
This is not good news Sad

97 1,252
 12-28-2013, 01:52 PM
  • Deuce
  • Just a guy
  • Cave Creek
User Info
Can't figure that one out-why take a strong brand and cast aside it's signature?

19 700
 12-28-2013, 03:19 PM
User Info
That is bad news, the only reason I have to buy AdP is the scent. I guess I will just nurse my tub and when it's gone it's gone. I don't understand why so many producers like to re formulate and ruin their products. Thank god we have so many good artisans.

22 221
 12-28-2013, 03:33 PM
  • goaman
  • Lisbon, Portugal
User Info
my world just collapsed... Blank

2 152
 12-28-2013, 03:37 PM
User Info
So, they reformulated everything but the price, and now we have €50 for a scentless cream...

Well, I think I'll pass. Tongue

2 5,527
 12-28-2013, 04:16 PM
  • TheMonk
  • Super Moderator
  • Porto, Portugal
User Info
That seems like a very strange move on their part, one which I have some difficulty understanding. Dodgy

My AdP cream (tub), bought a couple of months ago, has the typical Barbiere scent, and the following ingredient list:

[Image: Creme_Acqua_di_Parma_Colonia_Collezione_Barbiere.jpg]

Notice the fragrance is the 7th ingredient on the list.

25 4,636
 12-28-2013, 05:11 PM
  • Shaun
  • St Peters, NSW, Australia
User Info
What is the point of the stuff if it has no signature scent? Any other cream might do.

0 1,622
 12-28-2013, 05:18 PM
User Info
My condolences to you, gentlemen! I don't understand why they would do this either. One of the best elements of using creams and soaps is the scents!

75 20,883
 12-28-2013, 06:10 PM
User Info
I give this move 6 months, maybe 9 months in the marketplace before the folks at AdP realize that the consumption of their shaving cream decreases by a significant margin.

This scent is the heart of the AdP shaving cream --- absolutely backwards move in my opinion. Unless there is a behind the scenes reason and that possibly the scent was an infringement on another company's patents or scent formulation.

This used to happen all the time in the golf industry where all of the sudden a top shelf golf ball was discontinued due to a discovered patent infringement, etc.

I am NOT saying this is why they did this .... But very strange that removed the signature fragrance from the formula.

97 1,252
 12-28-2013, 06:30 PM
User Info
Shocking & baffling news.

I just checked a bunch of places online and found it either out of stock or with the Hyaluronic Acid, which would indicate it being the new formulation.

Unless they made it performing cream of the century I would advise getting the XPEC if you want something unscented.

Crazy

191 1,552
 12-28-2013, 06:40 PM
  • JaDo
  • Dallas, TX
User Info
The Neiman Marcus site shows the cream in the tub with "Unscented." as the last sentence of the description.

Man....I don't even know what to say about this.

6 235
 12-28-2013, 10:16 PM
  • LORDBISHOP
  • Lover of the Wet Shaving way of Life
  • Westchester, NY
User Info
I can't imagine who at ADP made this mistakeHuh This was indeed the signature of this cream, and the scents that are in ADP Colognes are what always come to mind when I think of this company...Makes no sense, pardon the pun...well I guess brick and mortars will have some NOS that will take some time to move; likely due it's the cost, same as before the change in ingredients and scent.

4 792
 12-29-2013, 01:05 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(12-28-2013, 04:16 PM)TheMonk Wrote: That seems like a very strange move on their part, one which I have some difficulty understanding. Dodgy

My AdP cream (tub), bought a couple of months ago, has the typical Barbiere scent, and the following ingredient list:

[Image: Creme_Acqua_di_Parma_Colonia_Collezione_Barbiere.jpg]

Notice the fragrance is the 7th ingredient on the list.

These are the new ingredients/formulation of this cream :

Quote:Stearic Acid, Aqua (Water), Potassium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Myristic Acid, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Sodium Solicate, Parfum (Fragrance), Menthol, Punica Granatum Seed Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Limonene, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Ocimum Basilcum (Basil) Leaf Extract, BHT, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Tocopherol.

70 dollars for this new scentless cream ? I wont pay them for sure ! Angry

86 7,123
 12-29-2013, 07:48 AM
  • GMofmiami
  • Miami, Fl & Central America
User Info
This is really #%!!!!# news! One of my all time favorites has gone down the toilet! The AdP scent is a timeless classic and when combined with the original ingredients it was IMO one of the best performing soaps/croaps on the market.

45 708
 12-29-2013, 08:43 AM
User Info
This was one of my favourites before switching to soaps. Can't believe yet another change for the worse. Grrr!!!

31 4,957
 12-29-2013, 08:43 AM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
Perhaps they have only added an unscented option?

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

10 1,858
 12-29-2013, 09:41 AM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Disappointing news! Sad

91 17,823
 12-29-2013, 10:31 AM
User Info
This makes absolutely no sense to me. I guess it is a good thing XXX is back in production.

12 1,243