12-30-2013, 04:44 PM
  • CRAusmus
  • Going from Texas to Georgia
User Info
This seems to be a common thread name around here lately huh? When Travis was talking about expanding his pen collection I asked him about his feelings of an ink he had been using that Freddy had turned him on to. Next thing I know Freddy PMs me and asks me to send him my address and he'd gladly give me a small sample to experiment with. Little did I know...

[Image: 11657210865_7be3f8b782_z.jpg]

This is what I received in the mail today, pardon the terrible iPhone photo. Five samples, 2 of which are waterproof, one of which is water resistant, and two of which are not water resistant. You can see he labeled each sample bottle, and these bottles are quite full, and then included the description in the very nice letter I received. I am very excited about trying these inks. In fact, I think I need more pens.

Thank you Freddy. Truly a wonderful gift that will provide much enjoyment.

14 1,177
 12-30-2013, 05:07 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Have fun with them, Clinton.

Even though it is not water resistant, the Diamine Grey remains my favorite gray ink. For me it is a true gray and not a light black.

Also, I didn't realize the Noodler's Lexington Gray was waterproof but I happened to notice it on a Noodler's ink properties chart the Goulets have on their site. Sooooo, before I sent the sample to you, I just had to write something on a piece of paper and throw it into the kitchen sink with about an inch of water in the bottom of the sink. Yup, it's waterproof. Biggrin

2 11,211
 12-30-2013, 05:15 PM
  • CRAusmus
  • Going from Texas to Georgia
User Info
Awesome Freddy. I will have loads of fun with these.

Strangely enough the one I'm most excited about is the Burma Road Brown. Since putting a Mohagany from xFountainpens in my Nemosine I've really fallen in love with brown inks.

I'm very happy that you went to the effort to do this for me, and the fact that you went beyond the blues and blacks, makes me even more excited as I'm clueless as to what to buy with inks and what colors I'd like to try. I'm thinking that in the near future, Goulet's Ink Drop might be fun for me.

(12-30-2013, 05:07 PM)freddy Wrote: Have fun with them, Clinton.

Even though it is not water resistant, the Diamine Grey remains my favorite gray ink. For me it is a true gray and not a light black.

Also, I didn't realize the Noodler's Lexington Gray was waterproof but I happened to notice it on a Noodler's ink properties chart the Goulets have on their site. Sooooo, before I sent the sample to you, I just had to write something on a piece of paper and throw it into the kitchen sink with about an inch of water in the bottom of the sink. Yup, it's waterproof. Biggrin

14 1,177
 12-30-2013, 06:13 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Clinton, I love brown inks. They were the first I used after breaking away from blues and blacks for everyday use, and that was in the 1960s or 70s! Burma Road Brown is a very strange color and may not be what you are thinking of when you think brown. Waterman brown is my current favorite but there are others I like, as well.

(12-30-2013, 05:15 PM)CRAusmus Wrote: Awesome Freddy. I will have loads of fun with these.

Strangely enough the one I'm most excited about is the Burma Road Brown. Since putting a Mohagany from xFountainpens in my Nemosine I've really fallen in love with brown inks.

I'm very happy that you went to the effort to do this for me, and the fact that you went beyond the blues and blacks, makes me even more excited as I'm clueless as to what to buy with inks and what colors I'd like to try. I'm thinking that in the near future, Goulet's Ink Drop might be fun for me.

(12-30-2013, 05:07 PM)freddy Wrote: Have fun with them, Clinton.

2 11,211
 12-30-2013, 06:28 PM
User Info
What a wonderful surprise! Nice work, Freddy.

47 1,270
 12-30-2013, 08:13 PM
User Info
Great job, Freddy! Biggrin

75 20,883
 12-31-2013, 10:28 AM
  • MickToley
  • Hi, I'm Mike and I'm a shave soap addict
  • Brooklyn, NY
User Info
Freddy is a true gent. CoolBiggrin

10 1,120
 01-03-2014, 01:22 PM
User Info
Nice penmanship Freddy. I've been writing so fast for so long, all my penmanship has long gone out the window.

129 6,685