12-31-2013, 12:41 PM
User Info
I received the Rytmo Shave Set for Christmas. It is a funny name (makes me think of Jetson's dog Astro trying to talk) and is funny looking.

The set includes the razor, brush, soap dish and stand.
[Image: 1SqOjfC.jpg]

The whole set is very compact. I purchased this to use at my camp where space is at a premium. I thought I would have to "put up with" the odd shaped razor for the compact set up.

I was wrong. This razor shaves great.

Razor: I loaded it with a Israeli Personna. The razor has a grooved metal end cap to fit the razor stand. But this was balanced perfectly with the head. The head is the standard Muhle R89, one of my favorites. The plastic was not slippery at all. I like longer handles and this one was perfect. I have two EJ and a Muhle razor with this head. This razor, due to the longer handle, was better for me. I was very pleasantly surpised.

Brush: The brush is very bottom heavy. Again due to a grooved disk to fit the razor stand. The knot is "finest badger". The brush feels good in my hand. As with the razor the plastic is not slippery.
This brush is my first ever "shedder". I had shampooed the brush the night before it's first use and did not notice loose bristles.But at first use I had bristles in the sink, on the soap puck, in my lather bowl and on my face. Heck at one point I even had one in my mouthSmile

I shaved with this for 4 days and it lost bristles on each day.

Stand: Just a great little package. Every thing held securely and it looks good to boot.

It met my purchase criteria and takes up a small footprint at camp.
[Image: nmShTb1.jpg]

I am very pleased with the set overall.
We shut down the camp this past weekend. I left the Rytmo set there and already wish I had brought it home here to use.

Phil

7 363
 12-31-2013, 01:20 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
That's very nice Phil and I like the color too.

173 23,488
 12-31-2013, 01:31 PM
User Info
(12-31-2013, 12:41 PM)PhilNH5 Wrote: I received the Rytmo Shave Set for Christmas. It is a funny name (makes me think of Jetson's dog Astro trying to talk) and is funny looking.

The set includes the razor, brush, soap dish and stand.
[Image: 1SqOjfC.jpg]

The whole set is very compact. I purchased this to use at my camp where space is at a premium. I thought I would have to "put up with" the odd shaped razor for the compact set up.

I was wrong. This razor shaves great.

Razor: I loaded it with a Israeli Personna. The razor has a grooved metal end cap to fit the razor stand. But this was balanced perfectly with the head. The head is the standard Muhle R89, one of my favorites. The plastic was not slippery at all. I like longer handles and this one was perfect. I have two EJ and a Muhle razor with this head. This razor, due to the longer handle, was better for me. I was very pleasantly surpised.

Brush: The brush is very bottom heavy. Again due to a grooved disk to fit the razor stand. The knot is "finest badger". The brush feels good in my hand. As with the razor the plastic is not slippery.
This brush is my first ever "shedder". I had shampooed the brush the night before it's first use and did not notice loose bristles.But at first use I had bristles in the sink, on the soap puck, in my lather bowl and on my face. Heck at one point I even had one in my mouthSmile

I shaved with this for 4 days and it lost bristles on each day.

Stand: Just a great little package. Every thing held securely and it looks good to boot.

It met my purchase criteria and takes up a small footprint at camp.
[Image: nmShTb1.jpg]

I am very pleased with the set overall.
We shut down the camp this past weekend. I left the Rytmo set there and already wish I had brought it home here to use.

Phil

Nice set and I like the color.

Enjoy!

1 2,827
 12-31-2013, 02:45 PM
User Info
Very neat. But... Where did you buy the plug in "wall outlet clock"!!!???

5 410
 12-31-2013, 03:20 PM
User Info
(12-31-2013, 02:45 PM)Johnus Wrote: Very neat. But... Where did you buy the plug in "wall outlet clock"!!!???

We got that at Walmart. The clock is battery powered. It plugs in because it is one of those blue glow night lights. Very handy.

7 363
 12-31-2013, 07:13 PM
User Info
Congratulations, Phil and enjoy the set! Smile

75 20,883
 12-31-2013, 07:17 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Beautiful set, enjoy!

91 17,795
 01-01-2014, 11:14 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
Beautiful and very functional. Use it well.

100 12,437