12-31-2013, 08:42 PM
User Info
And if you like cappuccino and Lattes this thing is AWESOME!!!! The espresso is Lavazza from Italy. It makes coffee shop quality drinks and the best part is you don't need a separate milk frother, its right there in the machine, just add fresh milk from the fridge (which is the cool part, no milk pods needed here) and you're in business! The foam for cappuccinos is fantastic and lots of it. One button for steamed cappuccino milk (lots of foam) another for Lattes (which is less foam) it even has a button for milk frothing for iced Lattes.

Lavazza helped Keurig develop the machine so it makes great espresso. If you watch the review I linked from Youtube you will notice the espresso has the "crema" (thick reddish brown foam on top) which is how you know it's been made properly. I watched somewhere a Lavazza rep. say that helping Keurig develop the machine, it had to make great quality espresso and frothed milk or our name wouldn't be associated with it, they must have been satisfied theirs is the only coffee that comes in the pods. And to me it's important to have an major Italian coffee company involved so heavily with this product, after all espresso and espresso based drinks are the official drinks of Italy. Lavazza Espresso pods come in decaf, delicato, classico and intenso. There is a strength for every taste. I've always liked cappuccinos and lattes but not the price from a coffee shop. Now I can make them from home. I thought this machine was way too expensive until I priced other espresso brewers and milk frothers, just before Christmas Kohls had them on sale and with the 25% off coupon in their ad which had hit the mailbox the day before the price was, IIRC about $145 and I found a code online for free shipping so how could I pass that up. Blush

My wife loves Lattes more than I do and with Starbucks opening a new store down the street buying this was almost self defence, she could spend $5.00 or more 2-3 times a week at Starbucks or buy this. This way it pays for itself instead of sending money to Seattle forever, LOL
Hope you enjoy the video! I'd love to hear your experience when you get one.

2 805
 12-31-2013, 09:45 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Pics or it didn't happen! Tongue

Congratulations Patrick! Hot cappuccinos and ice cold lattes, sounds great!

91 17,795
 12-31-2013, 10:01 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
Congratulations Patrick! I would love to see pictures.

45 16,278
 12-31-2013, 10:42 PM
User Info
not mine but you get the idea. It's a slick machine. Fun and easy to work.

[Image: uNwuFg2.jpg]

The Rivo in action. She left all the wonderful foam in the pitcher instead of on top of the coffee, no idea why. But you get the idea and just how fast it actually is. I should have posted the video in the first place. Ya just have to see it to see how slick it really is. So there it did happen! Biggrin

2 805
 12-31-2013, 11:42 PM
User Info
(12-31-2013, 09:45 PM)ben74 Wrote: Pics or it didn't happen! Tongue

Congratulations Patrick! Hot cappuccinos and ice cold lattes, sounds great!

They are great Ben. Smile

2 805
 01-01-2014, 10:28 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
I use nothing but a Keurig. A great piece of equipment. Congratulations and use it well.

100 12,437
 01-01-2014, 04:29 PM
User Info
Congratulations, Patrick, and that is a beautiful machine! Enjoy the coffee. Smile

75 20,883