01-03-2014, 07:15 PM
User Info
Hi everyone! So I did the comparison between the brush preferences from the older thread in 2012 and the one I started in 2013.

44 members participated with only 6 members who posted in both surveys. The newer one had 37 members.

#1 The Semogue 1305/1800/1250 10 votes
#2 M7 or an M7 clone 8 votes
#3 Semoque SOC 4 votes
#4 & #5 a tie Simpson Chubby & Persian Jar both with 3 votes

The difference in answering the question "which is your favorite" in the earlier thread people answered with 1 or maybe 2 while in the 2013 thread people answered with their top 3.

Only 2 people ventured "the one they disliked" but since they were in the minority I didn't think it appropriate to include. If you are interested those are in the threads but in fairness and in the spirit of positive thinking, I didn't think it a good idea to include them.

Right, I didn't include the differences in results...

Semogues dropped down quite a bit.

M&F L7 rose a lot.

The Simpsons still very strong when all types are counted en mass.

A Fair amount of people love their Chubbys. Interestingly, totally different people nominated them.

Right, so stop shoveling. It will melt eventually. LOL we had 6" here. Nothing compared to Boston. Smile

0 135
 01-03-2014, 07:47 PM
User Info
I know my own personal preferences in brush characteristics have evolved over the years, occasionally even repeating a previous preference. I have moved towards smaller brushes both in handle size and knot size. I still visit my older favorites but current purchases are almost completely 19 to 22 mm knots.

17 141
 01-04-2014, 04:43 AM
  • Elendil
  • Raggedy man, good night
  • The snow's back.
User Info
I had pretty much settled in with 22-23 mm Badger brushes, but am finding myself reaching for boars and larger Badgers lately.

0 1,136
 01-04-2014, 04:05 PM
User Info
(01-03-2014, 07:47 PM)stoutreader Wrote: I know my own personal preferences in brush characteristics have evolved over the years, occasionally even repeating a previous preference. I have moved towards smaller brushes both in handle size and knot size. I still visit my older favorites but current purchases are almost completely 19 to 22 mm knots.

Cool. Why do you like the smaller ones now? Someone mentioned that he hated getting lather on his hands hence he liked a longer handle. Do you think it's functional or ergonomic?

(01-04-2014, 04:43 AM)Elendil Wrote: I had pretty much settled in with 22-23 mm Badger brushes, but am finding myself reaching for boars and larger Badgers lately.

Larger in knot size or loft? and why?? Shy

0 135