01-06-2014, 11:54 AM
User Info
I just broke my ceramic container for MWF. I need to get a replacement but I'm not crazy about the wooden bowl that Mitchell's offers. Any other suggestions? Thanks

0 156
 01-06-2014, 12:09 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Go to Target, Wal-Mart, etc and get a Ramekin in the size you like. They make excellent soap containers.

[Image: 0v1MJYd.jpg]

173 23,533
 01-06-2014, 12:11 PM
  • krissy
  • Cando, North Dakota
User Info
how about the 1 cup glass pyrex bowls that have lids or the 1 cup plastic ziplock bowls. Both are affordable and stackable.

[Image: XSZiplockBowl-300_zps51b9ca9b.jpg]

[Image: PyrexBowl-300.jpg]

7 405
 01-06-2014, 12:14 PM
User Info
(01-06-2014, 12:11 PM)krissy Wrote: how about the 1 cup glass pyrex bowls that have lids or the 1 cup plastic ziplock bowls. Both are affordable and stackable.

I've been looking at the pyrex 1 cup bowls and really like them, but I don't trust myself with glass in the bathroom especially with wet hands, etc. Blush

(01-06-2014, 12:09 PM)Johnny Wrote: Go to Target, Wal-Mart, etc and get a Ramekin in the size you like. They make excellent soap containers.

[Image: 0v1MJYd.jpg]

Can you get lids for these?

9 1,199
 01-06-2014, 12:18 PM
  • krissy
  • Cando, North Dakota
User Info
That's why I also suggested the plastic..... I'm another that is not a fan of glass in the bathroom, other than cologne bottles and such. But respect others that do.

I haven't seen lids for them at least in my local walmart store. Which is why I didn't suggest them as they are cool looking. I looked into them at one point. However that may have changed.

you can also get smaller canning jars, but there is a lip and the puck may not fit unless you break it down first. But they are ball and pretty durable, but if dropped it may depend on a few factors such as the type of flooring and if there is a rug down where it can bounce off of.

[Image: balljar-300.jpg]

7 405
 01-06-2014, 01:03 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
You can find lids for the ramekins, kind of like the lids on a TABAC container. You just have to look. I think Target has them.

173 23,533
 01-06-2014, 01:05 PM
  • krissy
  • Cando, North Dakota
User Info
Awesome that's good to know Johnny!!!

7 405
 01-06-2014, 01:14 PM
User Info
The Pyrex containers are very practical and excellent soap dishes.
The MWF wooden bowls are actually very decent. I have on and it a good option if you don't like glass or plastic.
Good luck.

75 20,883
 01-06-2014, 02:09 PM
User Info
(01-06-2014, 12:18 PM)krissy Wrote: That's why I also suggested the plastic..... I'm another that is not a fan of glass in the bathroom, other than cologne bottles and such. But respect others that do.

I haven't seen lids for them at least in my local walmart store. Which is why I didn't suggest them as they are cool looking. I looked into them at one point. However that may have changed.

you can also get smaller canning jars, but there is a lip and the puck may not fit unless you break it down first. But they are ball and pretty durable, but if dropped it may depend on a few factors such as the type of flooring and if there is a rug down where it can bounce off of.

[Image: balljar-300.jpg]

Great suggestions, Krissy. Thanks and stay warm!

(01-06-2014, 01:03 PM)Johnny Wrote: You can find lids for the ramekins, kind of like the lids on a TABAC container. You just have to look. I think Target has them.

Great, I'll take a look. Thanks again.

(01-06-2014, 01:14 PM)celestino Wrote: The Pyrex containers are very practical and excellent soap dishes.
The MWF wooden bowls are actually very decent. I have on and it a good option if you don't like glass or plastic.
Good luck.

Well ya know, someone turned me on to Rooney brushes (ahem!) and now that's all I use.Tongue So with those big thick badger brushes, I need a wide open top of a containeer to really get those brushes whippin'. that's why I like the idea of the Pyrex or ramekins.

9 1,199
 01-08-2014, 05:43 AM
User Info
I use the glass Pyrex bowls for any soap that I don't have their dish for, and have never had a problem with grip. Your hand can fit completely around the dish so it's easy to hold and not have to worry about it slipping out of your grasp.

12 1,243
 01-08-2014, 06:34 AM
  • krissy
  • Cando, North Dakota
User Info
I had a sudden epiphany or brain fart depending on your point of view. But one way to make glass safer in the bathroom would be to do one of two things.

The first would be to take a hot glue gun. These are cheap in craft stores and Wal-Mart craft section has them for well under 10$. Then pick up some glue sticks also super cheap and plug it in when you get home. Put in a glue stick and when it's hot pull the trigger and apply the glue where you want it. You could apply it to the bottom or the sides (or both) depending on your preference. Let it dry which doesn't take long. Just don't forget to unplug your glue gun when you are done. This should give the glass bowl some grip even when wet especially if you add some to the sides. I have both the glue gun and the bowl so I will give this a whirl and test it out. The low temp gun would be just fine, as that is what my 10 year old daughter uses all the time, and I mean ALL the time!!!! The glue dries opaque clear so it would be slightly noticeable.

The second would be to buy a roll of that drawer liner or shelf liner stuff that is non-slip. It's maybe 1/8" thick (give or take) but it has a spongy texture. You could carefully cut out that to fit the bottom and/or sides and use simple super glue to hold it in place. You may need to hold it in place on the sides until the glue dries. This would be less attractive than the glue but would get the job done to give your hands a grip on the glass.

Just some food for thought.

7 405
 01-29-2014, 06:22 AM
User Info
Ikea has some cool containers as well. i believe they are tin with a clear lid.

0 761
 01-29-2014, 06:41 AM
User Info
Just discovered that Maggard Razors sells emptied TOBS cream tubs, and discovered that my new MWF puck fits nicely inside one. Folks might check here http://www.maggardrazors.com/index.php/p...ous-sizes/

3 543
 02-01-2014, 08:40 PM
  • Sanch
  • Tennessee
User Info
get you a BRUTT deodorant stick (the classic push up type one) mill the MWF into a shave stick it works beautifully use distilled water to moisten it as you put it in the container and mush it in really good. no more worries about broken ceramics!

2 253
 02-02-2014, 12:05 AM
User Info
I keep my MWF in this screw-top plastic tub:

http://www.westcoastshaving.com/Frosted-..._1680.html

Perfect size. Cheap. Works great.

8 14
 02-04-2014, 03:06 PM
User Info
onion bowl

0 98
 02-14-2014, 08:29 PM
User Info
I've got mine in the small ~3" tin that WCS sells and it works perfect.

3 254