04-28-2012, 02:46 PM
  • GreekGuy
  • Not saving money yet....
  • La Jolla, CA
User Info
Gents,

I've moved more and more to straights, so I'm selling off a big portion of my DE razors. These were all my personal shavers. No museum pieces here, but solid workhorses at a good price. I'm going to be selling them as one lot. Maybe some items are overvalued, maybe some are under-valued. This helps even everything out.

Included are:

An Aristocrat Jr in a rocket case with blades. Obviously this is the wrong case, but its how I received it. Knob can be a bit stiff sometimes. Some of that may due to the fact that I never use it, but there is also some residue I haven't tried to remove on the knob, clearly visible in the photos. It's definitely superficial, but I haven't scrubbed at it at all.

A 1921 tuck away with case. Typical hairline handle crack. Some wear/brassing. Case doesn't have latch.

#15 with case. Case is in pretty good shape actually. Razor is on the uglier side. Brassing throughout. 1 lazy door, not extremely so, but worth mentioning.

#77 with case. This case is hideous on the outside, so don't buy this for the case. Consider it a freebie. Razor has some plate loss and knob drop, but doesn't come unattached. Razor shaves brilliantly. A great Gillette thats pretty hard to find. Would make for the perfect replate candidate.

w-4 black tip super speed. Has some discoloration where head meets handle. I suspect its related to the handle being aluminum while the head is nickel/brass. Knob is a little stiff. But then again, I haven't used it in ages. I noticed it improves significantly when wet. So maybe just using the thing would help. Case has extensive spidering but the latch works as it should.

1960 E4 Fatboy. Hideous condition. Works as it should.

Prices (as a lot only) including shipping with insurance:

Aristocrat Jr: $50
#15: $100
#77: $60
Tuckaway: $30
Black Tip: $20
Fatboy: Free

TOTAL: $260 Shipped CONUS with insurance

Again, no museum pieces here. But its great for someone just starting out that wants a sampling of some very good razors without being out a ton of cash. I think these prices are pretty reasonable, but if someone thinks I'm off please let me know. Keep in mind this includes shipping with the CONUS, insurance, paypal fees, etc

If you have any questions about the razors, please don't hesitate to ask. That being said, please don't send me messages asking to claim the free fatboy, etc. It's included with the lot.

Thanks for looking!

On to the photos:

9 541
 04-28-2012, 03:13 PM
  • TexBilly
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Austin, TX
User Info
Great shavers, all of them!

35 2,703
 04-28-2012, 04:12 PM
User Info
I've bought several items from Nick and can vouch for him. I also have most of these razors and can vouch for them as well!

Buy with confidence.

12 1,243
 04-28-2012, 05:34 PM
  • GregDR
  • Illinois
User Info
Agreed, Nick is great to deal with. All great shavers as well. I've actually been looking for a user grade tuckaway.

53 555
 04-29-2012, 12:55 AM
  • GreekGuy
  • La Jolla, CA
User Info
Thank you gentlemen for the compliments. These were all my personal shavers. Anything that wasn't a great shaver didn't last long in my den. These were truly my favorites

9 541
 04-29-2012, 10:27 PM
  • GreekGuy
  • La Jolla, CA
User Info
Lot is being withdrawn from sale.

Thanks Mods and TSN!

9 541