01-10-2014, 05:02 PM
User Info
Besides the obvious name both are manufactured in Israel and come packaged 10 per pack.

http://www.westcoastshaving.com/thumbnai...0&maxy=300

And

http://www.theshavedenshop.com/images/so...ystals.jpg

Sorry , I seem to have a difficult time posting pictures on here.

0 295
 01-10-2014, 06:23 PM
User Info
I have both. And they appear to be the same to me. They are also my favorite blade in my Fatip.

6 1,224
 01-10-2014, 06:25 PM
User Info
(01-10-2014, 06:23 PM)Nickadermis Wrote: I have both. And they appear to be the same to me. They are also my favorite blade in my Fatip.

The same is good. I am just waiting to get my Weber to see how they react in that. Not good for me in my Fatip, but then again I think it is just to agressive for me.

0 295
 01-10-2014, 06:31 PM
User Info
I don't have a Weber but in my EJ89 they work as well as anything except the Polsilver SI and Gillette Silver blues for me. They simply don't last quite as many shaves.

In my Fatip they are my favorite balance of smoothness to sharpness. But I have an extremely light touch so I can see where they might be a little aggressive.

It just takes a little time to figure out what suits each individuals technique Smile

6 1,224
 01-11-2014, 03:46 AM
User Info
The Crystal is a mild blade and my favorite to use with new razors. I prefer something more aggressive in either the Weber or the DE 89 ... Polsilver Super Iridium my fave in the EJ and Gillette Silver Blue in the Weber.

6 358
 01-11-2014, 03:59 AM
User Info
(01-11-2014, 03:46 AM)Aimless1 Wrote: The Crystal is a mild blade and my favorite to use with new razors. I prefer something more aggressive in either the Weber or the DE 89 ... Polsilver Super Iridium my fave in the EJ and Gillette Silver Blue in the Weber.

Thats funny, those are my main three right now and the two razors i've been using mosst. If crystals are the same as personna reds (which i thought they are), those are my main 3 blades right now. the personna reds aren't as sharp as the other two but they are sharp enough and seem to shave me very well and they are BY FAR the most forgiving and smooth blade i've used to date. i'm playing with the gsb's and polsilver si's in my r89 and weber ph right now too. i feel like the personna reds might be better in the more aggressive razors and the other two good for the milder ones.

11 830